Author Topic: Celebration V  (Read 13073 times)

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Celebration V
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2010, 03:56 PM »
The only thing that kind of surprised me was that they did not show the entire ROTJ wave carded.  They only showed the Endor Soldier.  I guess I know what the cards will look like from 1983 but you know what I mean. 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2010, 12:35 PM »
I'm officially underwhelmed. Since I'm not a prequel fan, the ATOC figures were a let down. The only real surprise that got me excited was the pilot sets.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2010, 04:19 PM »
I am definitely getting the two Endor 4-packs. It's about time we get Grizz Fixx and the Asian Y-wing pilot!
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2010, 02:14 PM »
It looks like Curto has posted Part 1 of an interview with Hasbro at CV, with a few more details on the line.  It looks like, at least now, for 2011 the Vintage Collection will consist of 39 figures (7 of which would be refreshes).  Also, it sounds like we'll get a look at the first wave of 2011 (after the AOTC wave) in the next round of Q and A's (not sure when that is).  Also - at least for now - it looks like Bespin Han is confirmed for 2011, but we've heard that before too.  Mixed waves will start after Wave 4 (AOTC).  More at the linky, and it sounds like a podcast is on the way as well.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2010, 02:46 PM »
in the next round of Q and A's (not sure when that is). 

The next batch of answers is due back sometime the week of Tuesday, September 7th (they're due back on 9/7, but they're always late).
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2010, 08:14 PM »
Oh, boy, I can't wait! I'm tired of the TCW line taking up so much of the spotlight, I can't wait to see TVC 2011 Wave 1!
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2010, 12:39 PM »
listening to the forcecast CV part 2 right now.  So far it sounds like maybe the first wave in 2011, immediately following the release of the AOTC wave (perhaps within a week or two) will be the first mixed wave.  It sounds like this wave will have figures from 5 out of the 6 films - and I thought I gathered ANH was the missing film...

sticking to OTC vehicles?

looking to do a new A-wing, was really close to having a new EU version this fall as exclusive but retail pulled out.  Actually 2, a ROTJ version.  but the retailer decided not to.  put back in parking lot.

very close to updated y-wing. maybe next year.  updated cockpit and fit protocol droid

kitster and wald perhaps in 2012? they could fit on vintage card perhaps in 2 packs.  also Twilek massuses (sp?).  Both hopeful 2 packs keep getting cut from the lineup.

consider a new TPM Anakin - but are still pretty satisfied with what is out.

6 waves in 2011 - as of now 39 figures. some waves may have only 4 figures, and they don't like that - trying to rework it.  some may have 10 figures.

Greivous outsold Vader last year.

it sounds like there will be a second TRU exclusive deluxe set to go along come out with the rebel technician/transport thing.  it will be a CW item.

all confirmed for 2011 Vintage: Ponda, Bom, Fordo, Bariss, Skiff Master, Aayla, Evanzan, Bespin Han, Aurra, Bastilla, Nom Anor.

hasbro's goal is not to update all of vintage kenner - but they in the long term hope that vintage will not go away.  but that is up to collectors.  

if the Target 9 pack is successful there may be another one on tap that they are already putting together.  2nd set would be all OT figures

no plans as of right now for the new AT-ST driver on single card, wouldn't be for a long time.  Same for Uncle Owen.

kneesa pulled primarily due to cost.  future ewoks single carded (no two packs) but with substantial accessories - ie some horn.

6-7 figures from rs.com polls are in next years lineup.  depriest does not post on boards - but he does vote.

comic packs - Hasbro has a whole year worth of comic pack figures sculpted (not tooled) that fans have never seen.

*thats everything that was there as I interpreted it.  It was a good listen while I worked and I encourage you all to give it a go.  This was the first podcast type thing I have ever listened to and I now look forward to future ones.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 02:50 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2010, 07:52 PM »
I haven't listened to the entire thing yet, but did get through some of it as well.  It sounds like the first "mixed" wave is definitely right after the AOTC wave, and it basically sounds like they could hit almost the same time (he said "a week later"), sometime in January is very possible.  He mentioned that it would include 5 out of the 6 films (TPM being the missing one), and I think that he mentioned a couple of the confirmed figures (listed shmashwithdaclub's post) are included in that wave.  We should see it in the next Q and A.  As far as the OTC vehicle thing, from what I understood is that they may do more "vintage packaged" vehicles for next year, but for now they are only sticking to OT vehicles.  I was a little bit surprised that Grievous became the number one selling bad guy last year, outselling Vader.  I mean, I guess we can see a little evidence of "Vader burnout", but in a way it makes me sad that maybe one downside to the CW is that kids aren't even familiar with the "Vader" side of the Saga anymore.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2010, 10:20 PM »
I mean, I guess we can see a little evidence of "Vader burnout", but in a way it makes me sad that maybe one downside to the CW is that kids aren't even familiar with the "Vader" side of the Saga anymore.

That is true, but it also marks a new generation of fans for the Star Wars saga. Just like people grew up with ANH during its release, there's a new generation of fans growing up with TCW - instead now Grievous takes Vader's place. It is sad when you think about it, actually! But at the same time, we haven't seen Vader do anything since ROTJ in the 1980s (of course, there were the comics and games...). But now Grievous is getting a lot of attention, because he's doing a whole lot of stuff in the show - even if it is the same thing over and over again.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2010, 11:05 AM »
I hope Kneesa finds her way out in 2011
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2010, 08:49 PM »
Holy crap, a whole years' worth of sculpted CP figures?! That's amazing to think about - we better see these soon, but I bet it'll be hard with the limited EU slots TVC is getting.

4 figures in select TVC waves? Wow. If I recall correctly, 2008 Wave 2 of TCW had 4 figures as well. Well, hopefully these waves will get good anchor figures.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2010, 12:50 AM »
I was surprised to hear about the year's worth of Comic Pack sculpts as well...

I'd be very curious to see a list of what they are.

Hasbro has said that they're taking a "wait and see" approach with regards to how well the EE comic packs do (or don't do) before trying to see if they can continue the Comic Pack line in a more limited fashion.

I think they should tell us who the sculpts are and how they are paired up and let the fans vote on which comic packs they put into production.

I think that having a Comic Pack exclusive every year for SDCC is the most LOGICAL type of exclusive Hasbro could offer us.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2010, 01:54 AM »
I think that having a Comic Pack exclusive every year for SDCC is the most LOGICAL type of exclusive Hasbro could offer us.

That'd be a logical route for Hasbro to go through... maybe sell each already-produced CP set in an exclusive wave as a follow-up to the original EE CPs, or start selling them as convention exclusives. Honestly, I'm such a fan of the CPs line that I wouldn't mind seeing only 2 packs per wave if Hasbro wanted to test it out, so Hasbro could test ground from there and then ultimately make a final decision about the line's future.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2010, 02:43 AM »
Actually having a lot of sculpts done up isn't that uncommon if the life of something is expected to go for a while.  I'm sure there's a number of figures sculpted for the basic line that are just continuously shelved, but their sculpts are probably still done.  It eliminates that initial stage past the basic design and speeds up the manufacturing process and things.

What I'm surprised about is Hasbro being willing to divulge that.  I doubt we ever get to see any of them though.

I'm thoroughly disappointed in the Noghri/Wookie set being only sculpted though, not tooled.  That was probably the worst news on the line I've heard all year.    I so wanted a new Wookie and Noghri.  I was willign to army build that pack, even if it was an exclusive.  I was sure I'd get at least 5 just to stock up on Noghri.  :'(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2010, 01:58 PM »
Yeah - I probably would have army-built that Noghri pack too - gotta give Thrawn so Noghri to command!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!