Author Topic: The Rise of Boba Fett Ultimate Battle Pack  (Read 71341 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
The Rise of Boba Fett Ultimate Battle Pack
« on: April 5, 2010, 01:52 AM »
After seeing the previews at the Clone Wars panel at Wondercon yesterday, I think it's really likely that we'll be seeing **SPOILER ALERT**

....a new Slave I soon. It looks like it's gonna be showing up a lot in the last few episodes of the second Clone Wars season in a pretty aggressive role. It also looks like we'll be seeing a lot of the interior explored in the show. Pretty exciting to speculate about. 8)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Slave I?
« Reply #1 on: April 5, 2010, 11:25 AM »
After seeing the previews at the Clone Wars panel at Wondercon yesterday, I think it's really likely that we'll be seeing **SPOILER ALERT**

....a new Slave I soon. It looks like it's gonna be showing up a lot in the last few episodes of the second Clone Wars season in a pretty aggressive role. It also looks like we'll be seeing a lot of the interior explored in the show. Pretty exciting to speculate about. 8)

I'd buy one in the animated style for sure. Weren't there rumors of a TLC version later this year though? Could they possibly do both? Seems unlikely...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 5, 2010, 11:37 AM »
Unless I'm mistaken - I'm not sure that Hasbro cross pollinates with their vehicles like they do with the figures.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #3 on: April 5, 2010, 11:39 AM »
Unless I'm mistaken - I'm not sure that Hasbro cross pollinates with their vehicles like they do with the figures.

That is correct. My guess is that we'd get a new AOTC/CW deco version followed by a ESB version later down the road.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #4 on: April 5, 2010, 01:45 PM »
You never know by the end of the season he may gear up in his own classic style thus giving us the one we really want, aftre all we are getting role play toys in a classic Fett style.

They can also assort this with both versions and/or do retail exclusives in the same year via vintage packaging like the AT-AT at TRU. After seeing the trailer I am more interested in a new Slave One now.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 5, 2010, 02:42 PM »
I feel like a classic deco Slave 1 would be a good way for Hasbro to go in order to hook both Clone Wars fans and OT/realistic collectors. I know I'd prefer the OT paint scheme. I might be up for both decos (AOTC and OT) but definitely not in the same year.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 5, 2010, 06:31 PM »
Fantastic. There's been a few other hints about this one, including from Stan. Makes a lot of sense this year.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 5, 2010, 09:23 PM »
Hmmm... I'm not sure how I feel about a gigantic Slave I... cool ship and all, but not something I ever was all that bonkers over.  For the $100 price range, I can think of quite a few more things that are more interesting to me.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: April 5, 2010, 09:43 PM »
If it's scaled right (and Slave-I's not that big, so it could be), I'm game...  It's gonna have the support necessary to move forward with something like that I guess.  I think without said support though, this wouldn't happen at all.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 5, 2010, 11:37 PM »
The new trailer is definitely very cool.  If you haven't seen it yet, check it out.

That being said, I don't think a tricked out Slave I would or should go for $100.  With Hasbro the price point has always been related to the size of the box.  And I cannot see a revamped Slave I needing to ship in a box that would fit something like the AT-TE or the Turbo Tank.

If there are plans for upsizing Slave I?  I could see Hasbro shipping it in a box that's roughly the same size as a Republic Gunship.  That seems much more appropriate for Slave I given the way that Hasbro has scaled vehicles to the figures.  And given Hasbro's recognition of how pricing and economic pressures have hurt collectors as well as their own bottom line, I could see them trying to offer a medium/large vehicle at a more attractive price...provided it has mass appeal.  The involvment of a young bounty hunter in the Clone Wars might be the foothold Hasbro needs to do this.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #10 on: April 6, 2010, 12:53 AM »
I agree on the price, I do not see this being more than $75. After seeing the AT-AT I am not sure how they would justify a $100 price point unless it's exclusive. If that's the case all bets are off. I also see this in a Y-Wing Size Box with more depth like the Rancor packed out in a flying Battle posture. I am down with an upgraded Slave I (although it will kill my current display). As long as it's closer to the OTC I welcome it with cash in hand.

I am getting really excited with this years offering, July seems so far away.....
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 6, 2010, 02:16 AM »
Yep, for $50-$75, I could see a new one working... but $75 really is pricey.  At $100, man I just don't see that being successful and I'd be inclined to wait for clearance... and if people like me are waiting for clearance, that looks like a disaster for Hasbro.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 6, 2010, 02:59 AM »
While I'm not against a new or even larger Slave I, I really can't see this as the next ship to get the "Big" treatment.  Based on the Saga films it just doesn't warrant it.  Even if it gets a prominent role in the CW series, showing more of the interior, is it really the type of ship to make into a playset type vehicle like Hasbro did with the Falcon or Queen's Starship?   It's coolness comes from trailing Han in ESB and dogfighting Obi-Wan in AOTC, not for sitting on a landing pad having a carbonite block loaded.

The Twilight makes much more sense to me for a large CW-based playset/starship, but Hasbro has said they aren't going to do that ship.  I really don't know why, it was very prominent in the film and first season of the TV show.  Slave I, I guess the argument can be made, belongs to Fett so it's instantly "better," but honestly, I'm sick and tired of Boba Fett being the end all, be all of the Saga in general and ESB in particular, and now having the animated show grab on to his coattails? Bah.  Yoda was far and away the most important character introduced in ESB yet everything is Fett, Fett, Fett. 

The other thing about this is that we have two decos, Jango's and Boba's.  Based on the trailer, this looks like it's still using Jango's coloring so which would Hasbro actually put out first?  I think the bulk of those that are really into this want the ESB coloring anyway...so do you really want to drop $100 on a "big" version that's based on AOTC coloring and then have to lay out again for the other?  I'm betting no, and I'm also betting Hasbro won't want to try that gamble either, and I don't think they'd gamble on putting it out in both colors at the same time either, and take a risk that one sells and the other rots on shelves.

Anyway, I'm MUCH more interested in seeing Aurra Sing in action in this episode than Boba. If I want teenage angst I can watch Nickelodeon or ABC Family some Monday night.

E....
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 7, 2010, 12:03 PM »
Agreed with pretty much everything you just said.

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
Will there be a CW Slave I This Year?
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2010, 02:46 PM »
Here's an interesting one regarding a new Slave I

Quote from: The Private Universe
Q1) We have seen the new AT-AT, the Cloud Car and Snowspeeder due out this year for TESB 30th anniversary, are we likely to see any other vehicles of any size from TESB late 2010 or 2011, a Slave 1 perhaps?

A1) You will not see any other vehicles from EpV except a redeco of the AT-ST in a Hoth-themed set, out later this Fall.

Interesting, as that's not a direct denial.  That smells like a deflection. (Warning/guarantee: I have no special insider knowledge of a Slave I toy in development for release this year at this time.)  Hasbro has done similar things in the past with their Q&A, there was a deflection similarly worded when it came to the Delta Squad set before its announcement.  Even though the Slave I may not be coming from ESB, there's no reason it couldn't be a cartoon version... which is basically the same as the ESB or AOTC incarnation.  (We'll probably know for sure when the relevant episodes start to air Saturday in the UK.)

So I guess all we need to do now is either wait to be disappointed or wait for someone to leak a JPEG of it.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News