Author Topic: The Rise of Boba Fett Ultimate Battle Pack  (Read 71120 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Will there be a CW Slave I This Year?
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2010, 03:21 PM »
I noticed that as well when I read into that, and thought that was kind of a sneaky answer.  Time shall tell I suppose.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2010, 05:00 PM »
I do think it's a good bet we could see a TCW Slave I, depending on how prominent it is in the season finale marketable Hasbro thinks it could be.

I'm not sure how they would squeeze this one in this year though, unless it were to hit right before X-Mas. There are at least 6 other TCW vehicles slated for a Fall release we already know about. (Xanadu Blood, HMP, Swamp Speeder, Plo Koon's Starfighter, re-deco Interceptor tank, and the R/C Hailfire Droid)

I guess they'll figure out a way to slot it in if they feel the reward is there. I'm down.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2010, 05:52 PM »
I don't want to be a "Debbie Downer" - but is there a possibility that they could just be planning on re-releasing the updated Slave I from 2002?

I could see them doing that before offering a completely new sculpt. The ship itself in Jango's colors hasn't been out in eight years, so a simple re-release would be cheap & fast (for Hasbro) and they could easily tie it into the appearance in the cartoon.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2010, 06:44 PM »
I don't want to be a "Debbie Downer" - but is there a possibility that they could just be planning on re-releasing the updated Slave I from 2002?

I could see them doing that before offering a completely new sculpt. The ship itself in Jango's colors hasn't been out in eight years, so a simple re-release would be cheap & fast (for Hasbro) and they could easily tie it into the appearance in the cartoon.

Or 2004.  That one is (was? didn't check lately) quite a collectible and retooled from the 2002 release.  It'd have to be an exclusive from what I've seen because as far as I know it can't fit in the normal Starfighter Assortment footprint.  Meaning likely TRU...

But I've heard all sorts of rumors and rumblings since like 2008 that a Big Slave I has been in some sort of conceptual development-- which, well, I'm sure everything is from Ackmeena to a Sail Barge.  It wouldn't stun me if they had a styrene concept model on the shelf to work from anyway.  If we weren't already getting a roleplay helmet voice changer for Boba Fett, I'd probably not even CONSIDER the possibility.  But between that answer, the appearance on the show, persistent rumors, lots of Boba marketing, and the 30th of ESB?  I gotta say I'm oddly and unusually optimistic.

It's my realistic expectation that we won't get one.  Buuuuut... who knows.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2010, 07:20 PM »
One of the answers in the recent Q&A (sorry, I don't remember which site) basically stated that repaints of the bigger vehicles like AT-TE, Turbo Tank or Millenium Falcon are unlikely due to the price-point.

I found this odd since they have indeed released a repaint, as an exclusive, of the updated vintage AT-AT sculpt, but for the life of me, I can't recall what the price-point was of the Endor AT-AT. So it may have been less than $100 which to them means it's "okay to repaint multiple times" - who knows?

It's entirely possible that they might be working on a larger version of the Slave I which could come out in both versions, but it seems odd that with all of the pro-ESB stuff we've see at Toy Fair that the Slave I wouldn't have been part of it.

I could totally see them surprising us with a Jango colored version, hoping that the media would support a mass-release which would help them get their tooling $$$ back. Then they could follow that up next year with an ESB deco version that would most likely be an exclusive to a store like TRU.

So I think there is a fair-to-decent chance we'll get a Jango version this year and I think there's slim-to-no chance we'll get a Boba/ESB version this year. Not with all of the moaning they have been doing in the Q&As about the lack of collector involvement/interest in the line. I think having Vintage packaging variants of the AT-AT, Snowspeeder and Cloud Car is probably pushing it.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 07:22 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2010, 09:01 PM »
Like others have already said, I think the appearance in the cartoon makes a new Slave 1 a definite possibility.  Like it has also already been said, it really isn't a $100 vehicle either.  Personally, I'd like to see one get made.  I'm all for "bigger" vehicles, particularly OT ones, and the Slave 1 might be pretty neat to get.  I do think the CW version is more likely, and that appears to be Jango's colors (unless I'm seeing wrong or it gets repainted within the toon).  I suppose it depends how much it continues to appear on the show in coming seasons, but it does seem like a vehicle they could push in the CW line.  They have sort of stated before how seperatist stuff isn't super likely (as far as big vehicles), at least not for now, and they may have exhausted new (realistic to be done) ships from the Republic as well (aside from the Twilight).

It would make sense to put that Jango/CW version out first, then offer up the ESB repaint as an exclusive in the future.  I know I'm personally more interested in the ESB version, but can understand why they might go the other way first.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Slave I?
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2010, 01:10 AM »
I wish to see the larger Slave I BUT i suppose this implies a revision of other medium vehicles and probably there would be a larger X Wing fighter, where the ladder could seem suitable for the pilot figure to access the cockpit.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2010, 01:17 PM »
You know, after seeing its brief appearance in last week's Clone Wars, I do really hope we see an all-new Slave 1 at some point.  Such a cool ship, although previous versions aren't bad either.  One problem I do have with one of mine (the AOTC/Jango version) is that the "wings" fall off very easily (and often) if it is even picked up or handled at all.  I don't notice it as much with the ESB repaint, but it is an annoying problem.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2010, 06:30 PM »
From this week's Hasbro Q&A over at Echo Base:

ECHO BASE FORUMS: IF you were to release an awesome new Slave I, which colors would you release it in first (assuming it would later be repainted)? Prequel colors, to match its upcoming appearance in The Clone Wars cartoon? Or its original look, to celebrate the 30th anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back?

HASBRO: If we were to release a new Slave I, it would be based on the Clone Wars deco.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2010, 07:56 PM »
I smell a Slave I on the horizon.   I read from one of the QnA's that the older non BMF Falcon is being re-released this year.  Would a $100 Slave I dwarf that thing?  That'd be odd, but I think there's a new generation of kiddos who aren't too familiar with this ship yet.  I'm hoping for a $75 price point if this thing does see the light of day this year (in vintage packaging of course)   8)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2010, 08:02 PM »
I smell a Slave I on the horizon.   I read from one of the QnA's that the older non BMF Falcon is being re-released this year.  Would a $100 Slave I dwarf that thing?  That'd be odd, but I think there's a new generation of kiddos who aren't too familiar with this ship yet.  I'm hoping for a $75 price point if this thing does see the light of day this year (in vintage packaging of course)   8)

Yeah, I'm starting to get the feeling one is being worked on as well.  I see in one of JTA's answers this week it is mentioned too:

Q. The appearance of young Boba Fett in the season finale trailer for STAR WARS - THE CLONE WARS has the collecting community abuzz.  We've already heard that a CLONE WARS Bossk (who is in the trailer) may be on the way in figure form.  But what about young Boba, and in that same regard his ship, Slave I?  Can we expect them in the fall lineup for CLONE WARS as well?

A. We will confirm that a young Clone Wars Boba figure is on the way. As for Slave I – we cannot confirm nor deny.  You will have to stay tuned.

The whole "we cannot confirm or deny" makes me think one is on the way.  I wonder if it will be this year, or next year.  Although I'd rather have the ESB deco, I can totally understand why they would do the CW/AOTC deco first.  It is in the "entertainment" and they can get us all to buy one, then repaint/repackage it a year or two later as the ESB version ;).

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2010, 08:07 PM »
I'm hoping for a $75 price point if this thing does see the light of day this year (in vintage packaging of course)   8)

Don't hold your breath for the vintage package anytime soon...  "...that rules out the Slave 1 being re-released in Vintage packaging."
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2010, 09:08 PM »
Yeah, I'd say the Slave 1 is a slam dunk at this point.  I'd rather see the ESB version myself, but I can see why they'd do the CW style first.  If it's an all new tool, I might go for it.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2010, 12:34 PM »
I dunno... I'm just not too interested in a new Slave One.  I guess we'll see.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2010, 12:38 PM »
I think it will be interesting to see what we actually get...  will it be the $100 super-ship some are expecting or will it be a simple upgrade to the 2002 Slave I?

It sort of makes more sense for them to take that 2002 Slave I and retool it a bit - maybe add some new features, give it the Clone Wars deco and put it out there for $65 to take the slot that the ShadowARC/Y-Wing had last year.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender