Author Topic: The Rise of Boba Fett Ultimate Battle Pack  (Read 71121 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: The Rise of Boba Fett Ultimate Battle Pack
« Reply #180 on: February 8, 2011, 10:37 PM »
The Price maybe dropped, but the MSRP is set by Hasbro and doesn't drop unless they do another round of them and say, "You should drop the price to _____ on these now".  I don't think that's happened.

If price dropped, it's just the price getting cut by TRU...  Which, given how many our stores have, would probably be a wise idea.  I'll still wait for actual clearance and big markdowns.  I only want Bossk and maybe little Boba from it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 9, 2011, 11:46 AM »
I'm wondering how this set ultimately did for TRU.  Sure, it is still there, but you have to figure most collectors who wanted one probably picked one up by now (barring clearances), and any parent purchases were more likely around Christmas.  Personally, we have three on the shelf that have been sitting there since at least Christmas, but it did seem like they moved a bit at first.  I'm glad I picked mine up with a combination of sales/gift cards/etc., but I'd still rather have had the ESB version (and hope we still see that somehow in the next couple years).

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 9, 2011, 11:32 PM »
Where was an AT-AT for $12 at? 

I found one for $12.54.  It had been obviously returned as there were remnants of Christmas wrapping paper on it.  The Target then marked it down cheap, and I just happened to stumble upon it while on a toy run.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 1, 2012, 08:47 PM »
So...I gather some of the Minnesota peeps were finding these for $30 at their local TRU.

Has ANYONE else seen this price locally at all? I figured this would be all over the fan sites but I've yet to hear a single report outside of JD.

I didn't think TRU could do single-store clearances on exclusives? Doesn't that come down straight from corporate? Or do they have leeway some places?

I would KILL to pick up a set on the cheap like this. So far nothing around here though.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #184 on: February 1, 2012, 09:12 PM »
As far as I was aware the TRU clearance policy is a corporate wide thing but it may not all hit/happen at one time.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 2, 2012, 09:53 AM »
McMetal - that TRU store either wildly over-ordered or massively undersold the majority of these sets...I think it was just a rouge TRU.  See my pic in this thread from over a year ago.  That store still had just about as many sets from then just last month before they started the clearance.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 2, 2012, 12:23 PM »
McMetal - that TRU store either wildly over-ordered or massively undersold the majority of these sets...I think it was just a rouge TRU.  See my pic in this thread from over a year ago.  That store still had just about as many sets from then just last month before they started the clearance.

Thanks man...that was my initial suspicion as well, I just didn't think individual stores were empowered to do that.

It's sad really, this would have sold through rapidly at a decent clearance price like the shuttle.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline ZevZev

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 2, 2012, 04:24 PM »
And I went to that store today and they were back up to $79. Still had some.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 12, 2012, 01:49 PM »

I suspect they got leftovers from other stores. Tonka had a ton of these before the remodel, but they were all gone when it reopened.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 12, 2012, 07:46 PM »
Really. Stores still have this? I haven't seen this one in a long time.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours