Author Topic: The Rise of Boba Fett Ultimate Battle Pack  (Read 71112 times)

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
Re: The Rise of Boba Fett Ultimate Battle Pack
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2010, 10:59 AM »
It's a neat box set, and I'm sorta glad that Mace's starfighter is getting made. I liked the paint scheme of his ship. The Mace Windu figure looks like the only downer in this set.

Mace starfighter = great

Mace figure being that particular one in the set is a dissapointment but expecting the SA knees version in a deluxe set is maybe being too hopeful.

A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2010, 11:40 AM »
This is a great gonzo set for Hasbro, but I'll hold out for an ESB version of this.  The update is very nice.  Also, hopefully Bossk and Boba will be coming out carded, so I won't have to go too crazy on them.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2010, 01:42 PM »
This looks like a great set, and kudos to Hasbro for going this route.  It definitely fits the idea of an "Ultimate Battle Pack" (much moreso than the Sarlacc set from 2008, which seemed like a huge rip-off), and aside from the action-feature-laden Mace, the character selection is pretty much spot-on to the story arc.  And it's a good way to get Mace's JSF out there without clogging up shelves alongside the 12 other CW JSFs that will be occupying space this fall. :)

I also like that they've already made it possible to reuse as a ESB Slave I, with the little "coffin" and door being just the right size for a Han Carbonite block. 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2010, 01:59 PM »
Count me in the crowd that thinks this looks amazing! Really good value too, 2 new ships, plus 3 new figures. In the pics it really dwarfs the Christophsis set...impressive.

I can't help but wonder about the price point - under $100 hopefully?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Hobbie

• Jedi Initiate
  • Astromechs never pegwarm.
    • View Profile
    • Star Wars Astromechs
« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2010, 02:03 PM »
Oh man, R8-B7 suddenly became really expensive.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2010, 04:02 PM »
I've been trying to cut down on PT/CW vehicles (due to budget/space) more lately, but I have to admit, this will be tough to pass up.  Like some others, I'd rather have the ESB deco version, but I can understand why they are going this route.  I wonder what the price will be, you have to figure at least $99.99 - especially seeing that it looks to be a TRU exclusive.  It does look quite spiffy though.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2010, 04:55 PM »
So the UBP's came in 2's at Target so is there another?  Also the Slave I at 18" - is that bigger than the vinty version?  The box does look kinda beefy.  Mine have all been boxed in storage for years now.  I'm colorblind, but this looks like the AOTC color scheme??  Looks like I have to rebuy all the Jedi Starfighters again with the newer design.   ::)

Hasbro has to be pissed when stuff like this leaks out.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2010, 10:13 PM »
Awesome set that I'll consider picking up, but those figures are just ASKING to be stolen in that packaging.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2010, 10:26 PM »

Hasbro has to be pissed when stuff like this leaks out.

I agree, but they wait so long to show stuff that it only makes sense.  If they showed new product when it was ready, and didn't wait for ComicCon or Toy Fair, they would be in control of their info.  However, I think that they want the stuff to leak.  Think about it, they don't even have to have a SW Web site of their own, because we do all of their promotion for them!

Neat set though...so, I think it will be 100.00. 

Five figures x 7.00 = 35.00
Jedi Starfighter is 25.00
That's 60.00 right there, and Slave 1 is easliy a 40.00 ship.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 10:37 PM by speedermike »
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2010, 10:56 PM »
Put me into the I Like This Set crowd.  Cool pack ins and 2 ships is a sweet combo.  The bad thing is the TRU aspect and price that will go along with it

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2010, 11:27 PM »
Overall I like the new Slave One set.
While I would have liked the ESB deco first I am happy to see they did not skimp out on the deco here. I like some of the new storage features they put back into it. They really lost that aspect from the vintage one when they retooled this vehicle during EP2. I do not collect CW figures (save the occasional oddity) and new Jedi Starfighters. So I personally would have rather seen them put the money towards electronics on this thing and making it bigger.

I am going to sell Anakin, Bossk, Mace, his Droid and his Starfighter in a lot to recoup the cost of this. I can see this hitting $120 at TRU. I hope it's $99 but it's TRU, they charged $50 for the Tie Interceptor.

I will keep Fett and the Slave One. Maybe, just maybe the ESB Slave One will be shown at SDCC for 2011....
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2010, 12:19 AM »
Easy buy for me.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2010, 01:23 AM »
Definitely an excellent set.  The revamped Slave I is most impressive.  But I can already see how the inclusion of some new figures in this set will be fodder for some message board chatter.

My own guess on the price point?  I'll go with $79.99.  This is TRU's big exclusive, and the last major TRU exclusive was the Crumb Bomber Republic Gunship.  That went for $79.99.  Is this set comparable?  That's unclear.  But the box footprint looks closer to that of a Republic Gunship than the Ultimate Battle Packs which were at Target.  And so much of retail pricing is predicated on the shape and size of a box, and it's not always about the contents.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2010, 04:06 PM »
I like the set, and for kids it's a fantastic idea (especially around Christmas).  I think the Slave-I looks pretty small yet though, not a super upgrade, and I'm happy I won't be compelled to buy it...  I'll consider an ESB Deco one down the road, if it's done, and just let this one sit.

Wouldn't mind the Bossk for my focus on the character...  If anyone doesn't want theirs because they think he's lame, hit me up.  Otherwise I'm not shedding any tears over passing on this one. :) 

Would've loved to have bought Boba for the fodder too, but I'll live.

A great "box of play" as Hasbro likes to try and make things/strategy around that concept...  Probably their best effort to that end so far.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2010, 04:55 PM »
Wouldn't mind the Bossk for my focus on the character...  If anyone doesn't want theirs because they think he's lame, hit me up.  Otherwise I'm not shedding any tears over passing on this one. :) 

Would've loved to have bought Boba for the fodder too, but I'll live.

I wouldn't worry - I'm willing to bet that the only figure that will end up being "exclusive" to this set is Mace Windu's astromech. Otherwise, I find it hard to believe that by 2012, both Bossk and Boba won't have been repackaged as individually carded figures. Or possibly even made available as pack-ins with the mini-rigs line.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!