Author Topic: The Rise of Boba Fett Ultimate Battle Pack  (Read 71124 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: The Rise of Boba Fett Ultimate Battle Pack
« Reply #90 on: August 11, 2010, 11:38 PM »
Are there pictures of the Slave I floating around anywhere?

I would hope so - somewhere.  Especially if this this box is as heavy as the AT-AT.  Would love to see side by side pics with the old version - unless I missed that somewhere.  Not sure why Hasbro felt the need to include an additional vehicle + figures.  Seems to me the newly sized ship should have sold well on its own, but what do I know?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #91 on: August 12, 2010, 12:15 AM »
Battle Pack pics from Sandtroopers
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2010, 01:10 AM »
Are there pictures of the Slave I floating around anywhere?

I would hope so - somewhere.  Especially if this this box is as heavy as the AT-AT.  Would love to see side by side pics with the old version - unless I missed that somewhere.  Not sure why Hasbro felt the need to include an additional vehicle + figures.  Seems to me the newly sized ship should have sold well on its own, but what do I know?

Your wish is my command. Here are some pictures of it sitting at TRU along with some size comparison pics. Sorry for the res. It's from my blackberry.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 01:11 AM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #93 on: August 12, 2010, 08:56 AM »
I noticed this morning the link I found is no longer active so TRU.com pulled it. Maybe Hasbro does read these threads...
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2010, 09:37 AM »
I noticed this morning the link I found is no longer active so TRU.com pulled it. Maybe Hasbro does read these threads...

That is a low-down, rotten, dirty trick. Guess I won't be getting my email alerting me when this item comes in stock now.  ::)

I'm sorry, but anything they have for sale in a frigging store should be on the damn website too.

Is Hasbro going to hunt down all the people who already bought this and walked out with it? L-A-M-E

I already saw the photos of this in the display case at CV (courtesy Sandtroopers). This is the worst kept secret EVER.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 12, 2010, 12:16 PM »
I'm going to pass on this for now. I definitely want the Slave One, but everything else is junk to me. Maybe if I can get a good deal.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 12, 2010, 12:36 PM »
I'm going to pass on this for now. I definitely want the Slave One, but everything else is junk to me. Maybe if I can get a good deal.

I'm sure you could sell that Astrodroid to make up some of the cost.
I am not the Stig

Offline bikerscout1

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have you now Paploo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 12, 2010, 01:30 PM »
found it yesterday as well in Culver City.  Another guy on scum (lifeinabox) found it yesterday too.  I found it late though, so he & Phruby beat me.   It's also been spotted in AZ and UT as far as i know.   I submitted the news to RS, but who knows when they'll get to it -theyre all at CV havin a ball.  Lucky ducks!
Are you threatening me master jedi?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 20, 2010, 11:09 AM »
Nice find. Once I saw the posting over at Yakface I went to TRU.com. Could this be the listing on TRU.com:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4205503

I can now confirm that the above listing is actually for the AT-AT, not the Rise of Boba Fett UBP.  :'(

I don't see any kind of listing for the UBP yet. Damn!

They still have the wrong item description up for the Nikto Pirate too.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 20, 2010, 02:15 PM »
So has anyone been having luck finding these at their local stores?  I've been checking ours, but they don't seem to have a spot for it right now - and if they did have them in stock, I missed them.  Part of me is still on the fence about this, but I really want the Slave I and Bossk.  I wish they would have just sold the Slave I on its own, as it would be easier to afford something lower than $100 - but oh well.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #100 on: August 22, 2010, 11:52 AM »
I found this in the Chicago burbs thanks to a tip from a friend, so it's starting to trickle out from the West Coast. They only had one on the very top shelf.

Here is the kicker: luckily the last one that they had had a price tag on it for $99.99. TRU rarely has price tags on their merchandise, so when I went to pay it rang up for $109.99! I showed them the price tag and they adjusted it to $99.99. So do not be surprised if you find this at that price, hopefully yours will have the tag mine did. The box is slightly smaller than the AT-AT but it feels light. I literally just got home and will open later, I will shoot some pics. This time I have the right number so you guys can find this too.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 22, 2010, 04:28 PM »
Meh...Would have preferred this better at a single piece at $40-$50 with no pack-ins or extra vehicles.  TRU also bumped up MP Grimlock by $10.  Oh well, hopefully they send me some coupons again someday.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 04:31 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 22, 2010, 07:26 PM »
I found this in the Chicago burbs thanks to a tip from a friend, so it's starting to trickle out from the West Coast. They only had one on the very top shelf.

Here is the kicker: luckily the last one that they had had a price tag on it for $99.99. TRU rarely has price tags on their merchandise, so when I went to pay it rang up for $109.99! I showed them the price tag and they adjusted it to $99.99. So do not be surprised if you find this at that price, hopefully yours will have the tag mine did. The box is slightly smaller than the AT-AT but it feels light. I literally just got home and will open later, I will shoot some pics. This time I have the right number so you guys can find this too.

Congrats dude, that's awesome. Can you also post the Item # and/or UPC when you get a chance? Thanks!

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #103 on: August 23, 2010, 12:05 AM »
Congrats dude, that's awesome. Can you also post the Item # and/or UPC when you get a chance? Thanks!

Thanks!

Here ya go:

This is a really cool vehicle with only one big flaw which I will get to but first here is a size comparison:

The flaw is the canopy closure connection tolerance, it's too loose. As a Toy Designer I had to create/comment on what seriously needs to be fixed as a running change with this. Hasbro if you are reading this and have not already corrected the canopy problem here is my suggestion:

Otherwise this is a must buy in my book! I love it and look forward to Boba's OTC Slave One.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #104 on: August 23, 2010, 01:47 AM »
I saw loads of these this weekend at a couple TRU's.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77