Author Topic: Jedidefender Fantasy Football 2010  (Read 36608 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Jedidefender Fantasy Football 2010
« Reply #30 on: September 4, 2010, 03:23 PM »
Yup, autodraft is there in case of emergency.  You can also choose to rank your players differently than they have but autodraft will fill your starting roster fully before filling any spots on your bench.

If you want to test your phone to see if it works, just do one of the mock drafts they have going before then.  If it works, you should be golden.  Even if it works then and you get screwed and can't get in that night Yahoo will just autodraft.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 4, 2010, 05:07 PM »
Ok, great. I'll try my phone sometime this weekend, but I had trouble with the Fantasy Survival working last year, so I'm not expecting it to work. I'm more concerned about being "that guy" at the moment since I don't want to ruin the draft for anyone by not being there.

Honestly it might be better if the computer picks for me. :P
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 5, 2010, 03:22 PM »
I'm pretty sure that if you're not live at the draft, your first pick is slow (i.e. takes the whole 1:30) but then the yahoo system automatically sets it to draft after 10 seconds the next highest ranked player your team needs.  So as long as you don't show up and log in, you really won't be "that guy".  That only happens when you log in and make an actual pick then walk away while logged in without clicking 'autodraft'.  You see a lot of that in mock drafts where lots of guys show up, make their first five picks then seemingly go away without changing settings.  Quite annoying. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 8, 2010, 05:10 PM »
Guys,
Don't know how this happened, but the draft time is set for 6:30 P.M. Central Time.  I had it set for 8:30 P.M. and somehow it got moved.  I didn't even notice until ruiner sent me a message so I hope like hell everyone sees that.  I think I'm out of luck on this one as I have to take the kid to something. 

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 8, 2010, 05:12 PM »
I saw that this morning and assumed that I'd ****** up and forgotten.... but the more I thought about it the more I thought it must have changed.  I don't even usually get off work until 6:30 and would have said something.  I'm arranging to go home a little early today.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #35 on: September 8, 2010, 05:24 PM »
I thought it was 8:30 too and now I can't be there...I saw that last night.  I set my rankings and shake my fist at Yahoo :-\

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 8, 2010, 05:27 PM »
Is it too late to move it?

Should we move it to Thurs. nite?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #37 on: September 8, 2010, 05:33 PM »
Can't first game is tomorrow night

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 8, 2010, 05:47 PM »
We can't move it back a couple hours? 

I'm sure 8:30 CST would work better for a lot of us.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 8, 2010, 05:54 PM »
It's incredibly unlikely that there's a draft time available for later tonight.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 8, 2010, 06:21 PM »
We can't move it back a couple hours? 

I'm sure 8:30 CST would work better for a lot of us.

Unfortunately we cannot move it.  First thing I checked when I got your email.  You apparently cannot change the draft time on the same day of the draft.   :-\  It's not a matter of not wanting to change it to 8:30, I'd do that in a second but it simply isn't an option in the yahoo system.  I could move it to tomorrow but that might even be worse for some folks and as Scott said the first game is tomorrow.

I'm not sure how this happened.  It's a conflict for me as well, though I might be able to juggle it.  I assure you I didn't do this on purpose and I haven't been into commissioner tools since the day I set it and it was correct.  Ultimately it's my fault and I'll apologize to guys who get screwed over because of it.  I'm not looking forward to seeing this page after 8:30 tonight.   :-[

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #41 on: September 8, 2010, 09:45 PM »
Well, I am incredibly happy with my starters...probably would have drafted another RB because I am really thin there behind the three starters (as in nobody).

We'll see if that translates to success :P

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 8, 2010, 10:04 PM »
It was amazing to see how the difference in our setup versus the yahoo mock setup changed how running backs got really thin, really fast.  I'm sort of pleased with mine and the only dang! moment was Rob drafting Bradshaw who was going to be my next pick.  We'll see if bumping up Jamaal Charles helps but in most yahoo mocks I was able to get both. 

I'm either laughing or screwed with my bench WR. 

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 8, 2010, 10:39 PM »
I'm sort of pleased with mine and the only dang! moment was Rob drafting Bradshaw who was going to be my next pick.  We'll see if bumping up Jamaal Charles helps but in most yahoo mocks I was able to get both. 

You did that to me with Jabar Gaffney.  I've been picking him up late in all my leagues hoping for big things and was ready to draft him about a round late than you did.  Apparently the word is out that he could be big this year.

As for my team, I have never gone QB with my first pick except for 6 years ago when I drafted Manning (the year that he threw 50 TD's) and I didn't like the RB options that were available with my second pick.  So, short story long, I'm thin at RB and tried to compensate by drafting extras in the middle rounds.  I've got plenty of guys who should be good, but none who are guaranteed to be great.  I'm in a similar spot with WR's.... a few who could be solid, but can Driver do it again?  Maybe with Rodgers throwing to him.

Overall, I'm pretty happy though.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 8, 2010, 11:14 PM »

You did that to me with Jabar Gaffney.  I've been picking him up late in all my leagues hoping for big things and was ready to draft him about a round late than you did.  Apparently the word is out that he could be big this year.

Don't worry, Gaffney will not be big this year.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda