Author Topic: Jedidefender Fantasy Football 2010  (Read 36604 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Jedidefender Fantasy Football 2010
« Reply #45 on: September 8, 2010, 11:28 PM »
Well, I am incredibly happy with my starters...probably would have drafted another RB because I am really thin there behind the three starters (as in nobody).

We'll see if that translates to success :P

I agree, your squad is pretty solid.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 9, 2010, 12:10 AM »
We'll see, it's far from a sure thing but he finished last season nicely and has the sort of potential that we're all trying to squeeze out of the later rounds.  He had 7 for 69 and 2 TD's in week 16, and 14 for 213 yards in week 17.  Maybe he can't, but if he can carry that over at all, he's a #1.
« Last Edit: September 9, 2010, 12:11 AM by Rob »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 9, 2010, 12:16 AM »
Well, I am incredibly happy with my starters...probably would have drafted another RB because I am really thin there behind the three starters (as in nobody).

We'll see if that translates to success :P

I agree, your squad is pretty solid.

Agreed.  The only thing on there I don't quite trust is Hines Ward because of their QB situation... and even when Rothlisberger gets back, how effective will he be at first?  Who knows, but the value was there considering how late you were able to draft him.  But what the hell do I know anyway...

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 9, 2010, 12:30 AM »
Pretty happy with my squad, specifically at WR. Decided to take a chance with CJ Spiller since he was just named the starter, and he was pretty good in college. We'll see how that goes.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 9, 2010, 06:34 AM »
We'll see, it's far from a sure thing but he finished last season nicely and has the sort of potential that we're all trying to squeeze out of the later rounds.  He had 7 for 69 and 2 TD's in week 16, and 14 for 213 yards in week 17.  Maybe he can't, but if he can carry that over at all, he's a #1.

Dude he's 30 years old and he's never had more than 700 yards or 5 TDs.

He's just a scrub who caught a few red zone targets in the preseason.

At any rate, it's not like you wasted a real pick on him.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 9, 2010, 09:23 AM »
Dude he's 30 years old and he's never had more than 700 yards or 5 TDs.

He's just a scrub who caught a few red zone targets in the preseason.

At any rate, it's not like you wasted a real pick on him.

I'm not so sure.  He was money at Florida, then went to a bad Texans team, then was behind everyone on a good Patriots team.  And not that it's a huge difference, but he won't be 30 for a few more months.

I'm not saying that it's anything close to a given, just that he's one of those guys that everyone has pegged as a potential sleeper this year.

And I didn't waste any pick on him in this league, Brent did.   :)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 9, 2010, 10:01 AM »
I like wasting my picks.   ;D  Gives me a reason to make 50 player changes in a year.  I got a bit zinged on Austin Collie as well, I'd snagged him in a bunch of mocks as well.  Oh well.  Go high on potential and then hope for the best. 

At least this year I don't have to try and guess whether Palmer or Cutler will be the better choice to start.  Barring injury it's Peyton every week except the bye, no questions asked.  (and yeah, I expect Palmer and Cutler will be better this year than last; I'm usually a year out on some guys)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Matt Carroll

• Jedi Initiate
  • Who shot who in the what now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 9, 2010, 11:02 AM »
All told, I'm OK with my team. I had to reach a bit to get Mathews and waited longer for WR's - hopefully someone comes out of that group to be a regular performer.
Matt Carroll
udflyerman (at) gmail (dot) com
Always looking for rare/unusual Darth Vader items to add to my collection

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2010, 12:18 AM »
I'm not so sure about my team yet - we'll see how they do the next few weeks.  I was drafting in another league at the same time, so that limited my attention on my own team and I had no idea who everyone else had selected.  My starters are pretty sold with three RBs that don't have a time share I suppose and both my WRs are beasts that have scored double-digits in past years.  If V. Davis and E. Manning can come close to last year's stats I should be in good shape. 

I'm off to a crap start already this week though with just 1pt from the Vikes defense and 1pt from Garrett "I Don't Do Field Goals" Hartley.  ::) Nice to see Henderson and his 8.53 points on my bench as well.  Ugh.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2010, 01:00 AM »
I'm not so sure about my team yet - we'll see how they do the next few weeks.  I was drafting in another league at the same time, so that limited my attention on my own team and I had no idea who everyone else had selected.  My starters are pretty sold with three RBs that don't have a time share I suppose and both my WRs are beasts that have scored double-digits in past years.  If V. Davis and E. Manning can come close to last year's stats I should be in good shape. 

I'm off to a crap start already this week though with just 1pt from the Vikes defense and 1pt from Garrett "I Don't Do Field Goals" Hartley.  ::) Nice to see Henderson and his 8.53 points on my bench as well.  Ugh.

I think your team looks really good on paper - one of the top 2 or 3.  T.O. and Vernon Davis were both guys I was trying to draft right when you took them.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2010, 03:19 PM »
Yikes, my RBs are awful. :-\
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2010, 04:25 PM »
Yikes...

Congrats on '06 though.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2010, 09:05 PM »
Hey Rob I'll congratulate you on election night for '08, beotch.  We'll see how you and your whiny little miserable liberal friends like that.

Also why don't you take the same time posting our history in basketball and baseball?  Because I usually mop the floor with you right?

Here's a nice summary for you:

Y! Rob - Overall Performance: 56% (47 eligible teams)
Y! Me  - Overall Performance :80% (38 eligible teams)

If I had no life like you I'd spend a bunch of time doing screenshots to illustrate this, but you can find it all in the manager profile at your leisure, which you apparently have a lot of.

Enjoy!  Especially on November 2nd.  I know I will.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 09:21 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2010, 09:28 PM »
Hey Rob I'll congratulate you on election night for '08, beotch.  We'll see how you and your whiny little miserable liberal friends like that.

Also why don't you take the same time posting our history in basketball and baseball?  Because I usually mop the floor with you right?

Here's a nice summary for you:

Y! Rob - Overall Performance: 56% (47 eligible teams)
Y! Me  - Overall Performance :80% (38 eligible teams)

If I had no life like you I'd spend a bunch of time doing screenshots to illustrate this, but you can find it all in the manager profile at your leisure, which you apparently have a lot of.

Enjoy!  Especially on November 2nd.  I know I will.

Just noticed that I had a 9-2 record against you in the only one of these games that I've ever given a real crap about.  And believe me, I didn't spend but 5 minutes putting the visuals together.

It's funny though how the guy who's SOOOOO good at fantasy sports that he has 28 trophies in 41 leagues is saying that I've got no life.

Nice one.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 09:33 PM by Rob »

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2010, 04:12 AM »
This is the second year in a row I've had to miss the draft and have the computer draft for me. And this is also the second year in a row in which I got a high draft seed. And just like I did last year I wound up with two, maybe three players that I would have picked on me team. Is it too early to throw in the towel on the season?  ::)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 04:12 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."