Author Topic: Jedidefender Fantasy Football 2010  (Read 36602 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Jedidefender Fantasy Football 2010
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2010, 10:00 AM »
Looking at your roster briefly, yeah, it's way too early to throw in the towel.  Autodraft hoses you mostly in two ways - one, you end up going D/kicker way too early and two, you end up with some guys others wouldn't pick up for whatever reason.  I guess Beanie Wells sort of fits the latter there.  But I'd be pretty darn pleased with your starting WR/RB/QB.  Marshall and Steve Smith at WR, AP and Grant at RB (injuries happen, that's just ****** luck) and yeah, Favre will need a couple of games to get going.  I'll admit though it does look like your team has the injury bug already :-\  But if you want to trade Marshall or Smith for Gaffney, I'm up for it  ;)

Usual start to the season for me.  Top five in points scored but I take a loss.  All too familiar. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2010, 12:26 PM »
This is the second year in a row I've had to miss the draft and have the computer draft for me. And this is also the second year in a row in which I got a high draft seed. And just like I did last year I wound up with two, maybe three players that I would have picked on me team. Is it too early to throw in the towel on the season?  ::)

That's been my situation in Baseball two years running... two auto-drafts, two mediocre teams.  It's not worth giving up, but it's an uphill climb.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2010, 02:56 PM »
Yikes... just heard Grant is out 10-12 weeks, maybe the season.

Offline Matt Carroll

• Jedi Initiate
  • Who shot who in the what now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2010, 03:05 PM »
Yikes... just heard Grant is out 10-12 weeks, maybe the season.

Yeah, Jay Glazer over at Fox Sports is reporting he'll go on IR.
Matt Carroll
udflyerman (at) gmail (dot) com
Always looking for rare/unusual Darth Vader items to add to my collection

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2010, 03:40 PM »
I've suddenly got more starting caliber RB's than I know what to do with.  If anyone needs one, I'd be interested in dealing for a solid WR.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2010, 03:17 PM »
I'd like to thank Toyota... my agent... my family, and all the players who made this award possible. 

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2010, 04:04 PM »
You should also thank Dressel for drafting such a ****** team. 

Who drafts Barber AND Jones?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2010, 05:32 PM »
Doesn't he have like 5 Cowboy starters?

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2010, 05:50 PM »
Yeah, I think so.

And they're all going to suck this year.

Look what they did at Washington!?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2010, 06:00 PM »
Doesn't he have like 5 Cowboy starters?

Scott - the Cowboys are supposed to have one of the best offenses this year, and have for the last 3 years straight.

You should also thank Dressel for drafting such a ****** team.  

Who drafts Barber AND Jones?

Ruiner - Win something, then talk.  Not the other way around.  You've never accomplished anything here and have no clue what you're talking about.  Either Marion Barber or Felix Jones should have a huge day almost every week.  I think that's a reasonable expectation, regardless of what happened during a single game in Week 1.  The Cowboys aren't going to score 7 points every week.  Try 30-35 on for size.  That'll be the norm, not what happened last Sunday.  I'm sure their backfield will have nothing to do with those touchdowns.

I know I drafted such a "******" team.  As you know Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Tony Romo and Jason Witten are all going to perform like they did in week 1 every single week.  They have no history of being good and none of them are in their prime.

Rob - you're really an ass.  Do me a favor and don't ever message me about anything ever again.  
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2010, 06:19 PM »
I know I drafted such a "******" team.  As you know Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Tony Romo and Jason Witten are all going to perform like they did in week 1 every single week.  They have no history of being good and none of them are in their prime.

Of those guys, Andre Johnson is the only one I'd have drafted.  Romo's alright for where you picked him.  Witten had 2 TD's last year and so far I haven't seen anything to indicate that it will change.  I think Fitzgerald is due for a drop in production without Kurt Warner throwing to him or Anquan Boldin drawing attention on the other side of the field.  The Cowboys are having real problems scoring points still, and if they don't at least get to the NFCC, heads are going to roll in Dallas.

Rob - you're really an ass.  Do me a favor and don't ever message me about anything ever again.  

Sheesh... I'm starting to think you take fantasy sports way to seriously.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 06:26 PM by Rob »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2010, 06:51 PM »
Okay, okay.  Sorry, your graphics and screen grabs the last few days really leaned on a raw nerve.  I probably did take it too seriously, but it felt like you took a 75 yard shot down the field at the end zone with 5 seconds left on the clock and up by 7 TD's.   I've got a 30 point lead on you over in the other league and didn't utter a syllable about it.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2010, 06:56 PM »
I've got a 30 point lead on you over in the other league and didn't utter a syllable about it.

Well yeah, I missed the draft and got a bunch of guys I wasn't interested in.  Moreneau and Utley missed massive amounts of time and my pitching has been horrible all year.  That team is a lost cause and has been for months.

Plus, football is sort of my thing... baseball... not so much.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 06:57 PM by Rob »

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2010, 10:36 PM »
I'm just keeping it real, bro.  Your team last year was pretty bad too.  Just sayin' - the good ol' days may be just that.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2010, 06:04 AM »
I'm just keeping it real, bro.  Your team last year was pretty bad too.  Just sayin' - the good ol' days may be just that.

Okay Travis, so this Sunday if Marion Barber and Felix Jones combine for 3 TDs, I'll meet you back here.