Author Topic: Empty Target Pegs  (Read 17393 times)

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Empty Target Pegs
« on: June 10, 2010, 07:45 PM »
Ok, I'm not sure if this is widespread, but it certainly had me wondering, and then Yakface brought the subject up on their homepage...

No new Star Wars product at Target?!

For the past month, I've noticed that my local Targets (3 of them) have had the same exact figures on the pegs. Week after week I would drop by, and shelves were not restocked. Which means that, week by week, there is less and less Star Wars presence.

Is this a cut-back in anticipation for the launch of TVC?? Is Target deliberately not ordering new cases of figures so that they don't have any leftovers by the time TVC is out? But that doesn't make sense either, becuase it's June, and they new line isn't set to launch till late July/early August.

If anyone's seen anything different or have had similar occurences, please post them!
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Empty Target Pegs
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 08:04 PM »
Not only have the Targets here not gotten new cases, they have taken figures off the pegs.  I haven't been to bullseye in ages, but store reports indicate that many of the stores around here only have a few figures left on the pegs.  Not sure if they are selling or being recalled or what, but I find it very very odd.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 10:41 PM »
I just saw the same thing yesterday. All I saw were Galactic Heroes, a Y-Wing and some lightsabers.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 12:29 AM »
My local store pulled about 14 Admirla Yularen figures earlier in the week but they still had the rest of the figures on the pegs as of this afternoon.  They even stocked a case of CW and SL figures last weekend.

Walmart seems to have had some CW figures pulled as well, there were fewer figs on pegs today and I'd be surprised if they actually sold some.  I did pick up a Yularen there the other day along with a droid, but there were more of those two on the pegs when I left but gone today.  Glad I snagged that Yularen when I did, wanted the accessory.

Not sure what's going on, exactly, or the reasoning, since I doubt there's really anything left in the DC to stock or send to stores anyway.  Seems like stores would rather have something on the pegs till mid July rather than nothing.  Unless there's a push to get the new assortments to the stores?  I could only hope they decided to ship figs in June rather than for August.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 02:25 AM »
There are reports that once again Hasbro reps have pulled pegwarmers off the shelves... maybe all of the figures were pegwarmers?? ???
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 11:42 AM »
The pegs at our local store aren't totally empty, although they just as well could be.  There are 2 each of Echo and Legends Tiin, and that's it.  It has been that way for at least a couple weeks, and prior to that there were a handful of other figures, but no more than 10 total.  Actually, SW in general has been pretty stagnant everywhere here lately.  Our local WM store seems to only have CW, and pretty much the same ones as always, and TRU hasn't had much new lately either.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 09:10 PM »
In light of this news I think it is increasingly unlikely we will ever see the TCW Waves 1-3 from earlier this year hit in any numbers. Those must have been really limited runs.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2010, 09:13 PM »
In light of this news I think it is increasingly unlikely we will ever see the TCW Waves 1-3 from earlier this year hit in any numbers. Those must have been really limited runs.

Last-wave stuff usually tends to make random appearances for short periods of time only. I wouldn't be surprised if stores started seeing all this stuff in a come-and-go order.

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 02:08 AM »
Old figures still around here but got some new stickers slapped on. some have the old offer and the new one one.  some have no offers on the card at all.
He's no good to me open

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2010, 08:48 AM »
Well Target is being smart about this. They know the new stuff is due to hit soon and are making room for it. Yes, that means no new stuff, or maybe a trickle. I'm fine with that. Though I would like to find a few from the last two CW waves.

I wish my local WM would clearance out some stuff to make room. And a REAL clearance, not a sticker with the full price. Shame WM, shame...
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2010, 10:54 AM »
Well Target is being smart about this. They know the new stuff is due to hit soon and are making room for it. Yes, that means no new stuff, or maybe a trickle. I'm fine with that. Though I would like to find a few from the last two CW waves.

Seriously, where the hell are the last few waves?

I feel like 75% of the normal amount that makes it to the pegs, never made it to the pegs.

I managed to get only like 6 or 7 Talz compared to the normal 30 or so I usually find of a figure.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2010, 11:13 AM »

Either Hasbro was telling the truth when they said they significantly dropped the production numbers for EU Wave 13 and the last few CW waves or they will get dumped at a TJ Maxx/Ross/Marshalls/etc some time this fall...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2010, 11:52 AM »

I feel like 75% of the normal amount that makes it to the pegs, never made it to the pegs.

I managed to get only like 6 or 7 Talz compared to the normal 30 or so I usually find of a figure.

I've only seen one in the wild... and I hunt as much as anyone.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2010, 11:55 AM »
Ironman is invading in my area.  My Target just went from having only 1 SW figure on each of the 12 pegs down to just 3 dedicated pegs for Star Wars and the other 9 are crammed full with Ironman figures.   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2010, 02:33 PM »

I've only seen one in the wild... and I hunt as much as anyone.

That's a figure (the Talz) that I've only seen one time as well.  I wouldn't have minded picking up a few of them, but I grabbed the only one I ever saw at retail.  Hopefully many of these will make it out again in the new packaging (which is likely I suppose).

In a way, clearing things out like this (at Target) is a good thing.  Like it was mentioned, the pegs won't be so crammed full when the vintage and new CW lines are released in another month or so here.  Our WM is jammed full (all CW), and TRU is a bit hit and miss.  They (TRU) have a lot of figures (mostly Saga Legends and CW, and the usual suspects there), but they have a pretty big space for Star Wars figures so they still have room too.  I know we've discussed it elsewhere before, but I really hope this whole "trickle out then huge lull, then crazy load of figures the last 4-5 months of the year" cycle comes to an end soon.  This year has seemed even worse for some reason, as it doesn't seem like I've hardly bought anything SW this year for the most part.