Author Topic: TRU Exclusive Nikto Guard?  (Read 12401 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Exclusive Nikto Guard?
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2010, 10:18 PM »
That's cool, I did not know they would do that. Seems like a service they should promote a little more.

I'm still leery of their shipping though...I ordered some stuff from them back in late July and it arrived pretty well beaten up. I had to exchange most of the stuff in the order actually. Apparently they have no knowledge of "bubble wrap" and everything just smashes up together inside the box.

I'm content to wait another week or two and grab this in the store, but then again I live like a mile away so it's no hassle.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2010, 12:13 PM »
Aw yeah, snagged my Nikto Guard today, courtest of the neighborhood TRU. Looked like they had about 5-6 on the pegs at least.

I found it interesting the cards all had a reinforced J-hook. Wish all the figs featured that, but I guess that's the kind of premium packaging you can only get for $10.99.  ::)

He DOES have a tiny head too. Must look better with the cowl.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2010, 04:08 PM »
Yakface says that this might be part of a promo - free with a purchase of $30 or more.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 01:36 AM by Jabba the Slug »
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2010, 04:12 PM »
That's what a local friend told me yesterday...

Here's all I know... I was at a local TRU yesterday, and they had 23 of these guys on the pegs.  I didn't buy any, but called him and he went up there. 

He gets there, and grabs one and then walks around the aisle.  Two employees then go to the pegs and remove all but two of the Niktos.  They say they are pulling them for next week's promotion (spend $30, get the figure free).

He's very reliable, I have no reason whatsoever to doubt that's what he heard.  So, I'd expect on Sunday for them to ring up that way?

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2010, 10:41 PM »
Hmmm...I'm going to hold onto my reciept and not open my second one.  I bought two tonight, 12.99 in NY area!  Anyway, he's one of my favorite figures from the CW line.  I really like his design, he comes with the hood, two guns, and that odd holster pouch.  Too expensive, but I'd rather have the option to buy oddball background charcaters at higher prices, that to not have that choice at all.

Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2010, 04:58 PM »
Picked up a pair of these this morning. Good enough figure. If I get more it will be during the $30/free figure promotion next week.

Not much else that I need right now except the new battle packs and so far my TRU hasn't gotten them in, so that would be a great way to pick up a couple more - grab a battlepack, an army builder and get the Nikto for free, rinse and repeat.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #51 on: October 1, 2010, 09:39 PM »
Received a Nikto Guard in the mail from TRU.com today. They actually still think it acceptable to send a carded figures through the mail in a bubble envelope.  ::)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 7, 2010, 08:01 PM »
Picked up my free Nikto tonight (since I purchased the vinty AT-AT last week)  Kind of a lame figure and one that I would have passed on if I would have had to pay for him.  Did Hasbro ever explain why we're paying $5 more for battle packs and getting less product?  That change never made sense to me.... :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2010, 04:30 PM »
Picked up my free Nikto tonight (since I purchased the vinty AT-AT last week)  Kind of a lame figure and one that I would have passed on if I would have had to pay for him.  Did Hasbro ever explain why we're paying $5 more for battle packs and getting less product?  That change never made sense to me.... :-\

Heh, I'll agree with this post completely. I'd likely not have bought this figure, but since it was free....

And spot on about the battle packs.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2010, 11:38 AM »
Does anyone know if the UPC from this guy would be acceptable for the mailaway promotions? I assume so, but wasn't sure since it is an exclusive.