Author Topic: Jedidefender Fantasy Basketball 2010  (Read 5419 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Jedidefender Fantasy Basketball 2010
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2011, 10:16 AM »
Congrats Scott!  Hopefully that makes up for the squeaker in Hockey a little bit.  :-*

And to think, if I'd only known Gerald Wallace wasn't going to play...

I had the same feeling the day before, when the Spurs could have played a game to affect the standings by using their starters but actually rested them, so Ginobili didn't play, meaning I lost out on a game that day.  

And yeah, I was watching last night too.  Early on I had gotten past you by a little more and was up by one, but then the assists tied it up and I couldn't bear to watch with Lee still having a quarter to get a single assist.  But I think I got it for good karma for explaining how to tweak out extra games out of positions for you.  

The worst part is that I made a mistake that cost me that second spot... I incorrectly calculated yesterday that my best chance to move up was to try to make up 9 steals.  I thought the Assists point would be easy given your two players and my full slate playing.  So, I swapped Al Jefferson for a guy who grabs more steals, and it ended up costing me as Jefferson had 3 assists and the guy I put in only had 1.  Of course, if Wallace had played it probably would have been fine.

Oh well, bad move on my part - congrats on the silver!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 10:16 AM by Rob »

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2011, 12:02 PM »
Congrats to the trophy takers!

I still haven't figured out fantasy basketball quite yet.  I didn't do well with the injury factor.  Roy, Tyreke, Bogut, Bargnani, and Murphy weren't as solid of picks for me as I had hoped.  I think I need to do a better job of monitoring/acquiring players throughout the season for categories where I'm lagging.  Oh well, hopefully, I'll have a better showing next year.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2011, 03:04 PM »
Thanks guys...I rewally was sweating the last month or so as I had an tremendous amount of injuries...Williams, Gay, West and little bits of Josh Smith and D Wade made the final standings a lot closer.  I also foolishly tried to get greedy a few months ago and try and do catch up on 3s, Ss and As and took a beating on TOs and FG...it all worked out and it does make up for the sting of losing Hockey