Author Topic: NBA 2010-2011  (Read 53424 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: NBA 2010-2011
« Reply #30 on: July 7, 2010, 11:41 AM »
It looks like LeBron will reveal his decision tomorrow night during a one-hour ESPN primetime special:

Sources: LeBron decision Thursday

Really?  I mean ..... REALLY!?

He's gonna announce his decision tomorrow and it hasn't leaked yet?

That's amazing in and of itself.

Still not as amazing as the narcissism involved in having a 1 hour special to announce your stupid decision.  Win a ring jackass, and then maybe I'll watch.  He hasn't done anything but lose in the postseason, excuse me if I pass on the whole dog and pony show.

I'm with you here.

So much hype for a player (who calls himself the king), when in reality, what has he done besides win 2 MVP's?

I know what Kobe did - he won his fifth ring this year with a broken finger. . .on his shooting hand.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 7, 2010, 12:31 PM »

It wouldn't surprise me if he hasn't made the decision yet.  The Miami stuff probably has him weighing that as an outside possibility, although I think he'd be better off in Cleveland or Chicago given that Miami would be out of money and still needing a lot of players.
« Last Edit: July 7, 2010, 12:31 PM by Rob »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 7, 2010, 02:21 PM »

It wouldn't surprise me if he hasn't made the decision yet.  The Miami stuff probably has him weighing that as an outside possibility, although I think he'd be better off in Cleveland or Chicago given that Miami would be out of money and still needing a lot of players.

LeBron may be making this official tomorrow night, but I'm going to go ahead and leak this right now.

I've been looking at a lot of clues today, and I'm pretty sure I figured out....

That tomorrow night....

LeBron James....

Will be announcing....

That he will be playing for...

This is my bet.  We'll see tomorrow.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 7, 2010, 03:23 PM »
Not if winning is as important to him as he says it is.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 7, 2010, 05:15 PM »
Boozer to Bulls

Kind of figured this after the Bosh to Heat announcement earlier today.  As far as LeBron goes, it is really difficult to tell.  I still feel like he may stay put in Cleveland, but as much as I like it when players stick with a team - I just don't know if they can win titles with that roster.  Sure, they've had the best record in the league the past couple years, but they've obviously had troubles in the playoffs - and I'm not sure that will change.

I think the Heat are still very much in play, and possibly the Bulls.  The Knicks may have an outside shot as well, but like it was mentioned, if he really wants to win - and win now - I don't know if the Knicks are the best choice.  Really, Chicago has a pretty strong team if he wanted to join there.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 7, 2010, 05:47 PM »
The Boozer pick up is great.  If Lebron was leaning away from Chicago it should at least give him something else to think about.  Chicago was a pretty good team already.  Add Boozer and Lebron to that and you're going to be a top team.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 7, 2010, 06:33 PM »
Stephen A. Smith is swearing up and down that he knows LeBron is going to Miami with Bosh and Wade.

Everyone else I heard today claims they heard from God knows where that it's New York.

The "special" tomorrow night is from Greenwich CT very close to where the Knicks train.

Jared Dudley tweeted today that he found out it was New York.

And someone in the Knicks front office leaked he was coming here.

So...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 7, 2010, 07:19 PM »
Stephen A. Smith is swearing up and down that he knows LeBron is going to Miami with Bosh and Wade.

Everyone else I heard today claims they heard from God knows where that it's New York.

The "special" tomorrow night is from Greenwich CT very close to where the Knicks train.

Jared Dudley tweeted today that he found out it was New York.

And someone in the Knicks front office leaked he was coming here.

So...

So that means he's definitely staying in Cleveland.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 7, 2010, 07:27 PM »
It looks like LeBron will reveal his decision tomorrow night during a one-hour ESPN primetime special:

Sources: LeBron decision Thursday

Really?  I mean ..... REALLY!?

Still not as amazing as the narcissism involved in having a 1 hour special to announce your stupid decision.  Win a ring jackass, and then maybe I'll watch.  He hasn't done anything but lose in the postseason, excuse me if I pass on the whole dog and pony show.

I agree completely.  Good read right here:

State of LeBron: Live at 9, from his ego

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 7, 2010, 07:29 PM »
I'd obviously love for LeBron to join Wade and Bosh in Miami, but if he goes somewhere else, I'm still happy with what the Heat have done.  Plus, without LeBron, they will still have a bunch of cap space to sign a few other quality players.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 8, 2010, 10:15 AM »
Yeah Miami seems like it makes the most sense.  This would be just like what the Celtics did 3 years ago with the Big 3.  Had Pierce, get Allen and KG.  Now the Heat had Wade, get Bosh and King James.

Provided they stay healthy, they're gonna win rings.

If this is true and he's not a Knick, I'd say New York between the Nets and Knicks were the HUGE loser this offseason.  We literally have nothing to root for next season, both teams will be awful.

The Knicks have been building up to this for three years, shedding Starbury and Stevie Franchise.  Tons of other bad signings.  For what?  To pay Amare Stoudemire 5 guaranteed years of $100 million?  The guy will be exiting his prime before that and already had microfracture surgery and an eye injury.  Are you serious?  Unbelievable.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 8, 2010, 10:17 AM »
It sounds like Miami... but yesterday it sounded like New York, and the day before that it sounded like Cleveland.

It's all "anonymous sources" and "league insiders" and all of these articles add the caveat "unless he has a late change of heart."

I think ESPN and the AP are making stuff up as they go along based on rumor, and no one (possibly Lebron included) really knows what the final decision will be.

« Last Edit: July 8, 2010, 10:24 AM by Rob »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #43 on: July 8, 2010, 10:30 AM »

I think ESPN and the AP are making stuff up as they go along based on rumor, and no one (possibly Lebron included) really knows what the final decision will be.

They did the exact same **** during the Favre drama last fall, it got to the point where local radio was unloading on ESPN sources every morning about how ludicrous the whole thing was...a large part of this is self inflicted nonsense created by ESPN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 8, 2010, 10:31 AM »
Yeah, they seem pretty sure it will be Miami at this point - but they've been sure at other points as well.  I don't think anyone knows for sure either, but we'll find out tonight.  I don't mind LeBron at all, and think he is a fantastic player, but this whole one hour special thing is a little ridiculous.  Just tell us where you're playing, that's all anyone wants to know.

Honestly, if he really cares about winning and having a "legacy", I think Chicago is probably the best place for that.  Cleveland is nice to stay home, but I don't think they have the roster to win any titles.  Miami builds a nice powerhouse with Wade/Bosh, but even if they win a bunch of titles it will always be "with Wade", and I think that's D.Wade's team.  I don't think the Knicks or Nets have the guns to make it to the finals quite yet, maybe if they keep building the team up for a few years.  Chicago has nice pieces in place, and now with Boozer as well, and a young core that could win for awhile.  And, even though Rose and others were already in place, it would be LeBron's team.  All that being said, it seems like it might be Miami.  I thought Cleveland all along, but since they aren't going to be able to add much else to that team (without a trade), I'm not quite so sure.