Author Topic: NBA 2010-2011  (Read 53683 times)

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: NBA 2010-2011
« Reply #90 on: July 9, 2010, 10:47 AM »
Just a side note, anyone notice the chipmunk-like appearance of James' cheeks last night?  I think there's a chance he might be doing a cycle of steroids this offseason.

I did notice ..... some time ago.  They've been like that for awhile.  We're so used to seeing him with a headband on, which makes his head (skull) appear to be wider and/or takes away from the width of his jaw. 
At the same time, steroids wouldn't surprise me at all.  And not just with LeBron.  Some of these guys are absolute monsters.  I can't believe no one has ever questioned certain players about steroids before.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 9, 2010, 10:50 AM »
  And by God, if none of us ever hear about one of Neal's erections ever again, we'll all go down as winners this offseason.

Sorry about that.  I have to know my audience.  I won't speak of it again.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #92 on: July 9, 2010, 11:00 AM »
I'd like to know across pro sports if marijuana is tested for and if it is do they do anything about it?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 9, 2010, 11:22 AM »
I'd like to know across pro sports if marijuana is tested for and if it is do they do anything about it?

Haha.  Performance inhibiting drugs.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 9, 2010, 03:15 PM »
Just a side note, anyone notice the chipmunk-like appearance of James' cheeks last night?  I think there's a chance he might be doing a cycle of steroids this offseason.

Looking at his physique, this should shock nobody.

Are you saying his wee is going to be smaller than Neal's?  :-X
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 9, 2010, 03:57 PM »

Looking at his physique, this should shock nobody.

Are you saying his wee is going to be smaller than Neal's?  :-X

Regardless of Neal's size or lack thereof (I know for a fact he has huge feet), I'm pretty sure steroids leaves your wee alone, but it does shrink your testicles.  Not sure if you're a science guy or not, but testosterone is made in the testes, and if you're injecting or ingesting it, your body knows and the negative feedback shrinks the testosterone-producing tissues of the testicles.  So, wee stays the same, nuts shrink.

Now for God's sake let's get back to basketball before I throw up.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 11, 2010, 09:54 PM »
Jesse Jackson is making an ass of himself:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5372266

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 12, 2010, 05:52 AM »
Jesse Jackson is making an ass of himself:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5372266

If anyone cared enough about Jesse, an intervention would have been staged already and he'd have gotten treatment.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 12, 2010, 11:43 AM »
I see that the Suns are making a couple of trades for Turkoglu and Josh Childress, losing Barbosa and Dwayne Jones.  That team (Phoenix) is almost going to be unrecognizable, aside from Nash/Hill, from the Suns we've known over the past few years.  Over the past few years, they've lost or gotten rid of Johnson, Stoudemire, Diaw, Marion, Barbosa, Bell, and a few others.  Looks like they have a stockpile of "small" Power Forwards now though with Turkoglu, Frye, Warrick, etc.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 13, 2010, 08:23 PM »
Sounds like the Heat have potentially added Udonis Haslem, Mike Miller, Juwan Howard, and Zydrunas Ilgauskus over the past week or so to go alongside their "big 3" (along with holdover Mario Chalmers).  Although some of them (Howard/Z) are older, they are building somewhat of a supporting cast around them.

Also, sounds like the Wolves sent Al Jefferson to the Jazz for a couple future 1st rounders.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 13, 2010, 10:39 PM »
I read about the Wolves trade: going to build around Kevin Love???  Seriously?  No, really?  Sure, he had a 20-20 game against the Suns when we were down in the Twin Cities but without Jefferson drawing the double teams, I just don't see it.  Big, slow white guy?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #101 on: July 14, 2010, 08:50 AM »
No way are they building around Love, they just wanted to get rid of Al's contract.  They keep talking about building around Rubio which will be next year...that means they want to run and if you look at their roster, that is what they are.   Unfortunately...running teams only make it so far.  I like what they have done on the offseason with the exception of draft night

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 17, 2010, 07:47 AM »
I didn't watch Jefferson at all except for the games he played against the Jazz, so I don't know for sure, but I think he's going to be a terrific addition here.  I'm a little worried about the ACL/knee, since injuries have a tendency to get aggravated or whatever for Jazzmen, but I think a low post player like Jefferson can really take off in Jerry Sloan's system.

And I can't tell you how happy I am that Raja Bell is coming back.  Sure, he'll be ready for Social Security by the time his three year contract is out, but still, I'll take this guy any day of the week.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 07:50 AM by Sprry75 »
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 22, 2010, 08:33 PM »
Chris Paul has apparently asked to be traded out of New Orleans.  Hmmm. 

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 22, 2010, 09:16 PM »
Chris Paul has apparently asked to be traded out of New Orleans.  Hmmm. 

Well if LeBron, Wade and Bosh each want to give him 1/3rd of their salary, I know who's winning rings for the next 5 years.