Author Topic: Customs by Peakob1  (Read 8416 times)

Offline Peakob1

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Customs by Peakob1
« on: June 25, 2010, 04:28 PM »
Hello Boyo's,
Just thought I would start by saying hello to all! I haven't had too many posts on the forms but totally love all the different topics. I will try to show some of my customs I have done over the years now that I got a nice new camera. There are many figures I have customized to my personal liking, I try to make my entire collection custom so it is personal to me. I have all kinds of re dos, repaints, kit bashed and total custom jobs. Please keep checking back for updates and new posts with new figures. Of course I would love to hear what everyone thinks of my work. I love doing customs and looking at all the awesome stuff that I have taken personal inspiration from on the web.

Here is a sample of what Hasbro will hopefully give us some day in way of a SA version of Hoth Luke. This is my second version of SA hoth Luke. I hope to make an ultimate version some day with a removable hood and a ball joint pelvis so he can sit a little better on the Taun Taun but this one does pretty well

This is my version of Degobah xwing Luke or so I call him.

Offline Peakob1

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Customs by Peakob1
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 04:52 PM »
Here are 2 more I really like
the first is a echo base deck officer

one would only hope that we might get one of these some day.

Here is a pair of bespin guards to go alone with the rest of the new versions they made recently!

Offline Happy Noodle Boy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Anything worth doing is worth doing right!
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Peakob1
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 12:45 AM »
Great customs, Peakob1!

I especially like the Luke. Yes, we can only hope H does a good one like this soon.

Would you mind sharing the recipe?

The deck officer is done well too.  :)

Offline Peakob1

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Peakob1
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 01:48 AM »
absolutely!
the thing about this was that is was super easy. This is after all is a kit bashed! meaning I hardly had to do and sculpting dremmeling etc...
what you need is a sage wampa attack Luke a legacy hoth trooper and just a few other pieces. The goggles are from the hoth trooper hood with just a thin piece of plastic glued to it, the only other real difficult part is gluing the actual cloth to the peg that goes in his head. The reason you want to do this by the way, is that you will still need a reason to move it to the up position when hanging upside down.
if you just glue a cloth to his head it will stay put and not really look right so you still need that point of articulation to make it look proper super glue does the trick.

So here goes complete list of fig stuff ( if you need a list of the tools to use feel free to ask, but mostly super glue a dremmle device and and an exacto blade.
1 hoth Luke wampa attack or sage 2 version or the one from the battle back with the wampa and taun taun from TRU)
1 legacy hoth rebel trooper
holster and gun from Luke endor
leg strap from niktu gunner legacy collection
llight saber Handel from ob1 power of the Jedi or you can, use the one that came with hoth Luke
cloth from OB1! TAC collection (make sure to cut a strip and fold it over)
extra pouches on his belt are also from the OB1 TAC figure, just cut them off with the exacto!
gloves legacy Luke snow speeder pilot.

Here is a picture of him prior to a paint job!!!  I only painted the belt, the white stripes on his boots and gave him eyebrows
please let me know how it goes! =)

Offline Peakob1

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Customs by Peakob1 Captain Fordo!
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 03:10 PM »
Hello again everyone, Here are my next set of customs
Out of the entire prequel stuff next to General Grievous, Captain Fordo is probably my favorite character of the prequels
I really hope we see him in the Clone Wars TV show. I am a Fordo nut!!!! you will not find a bigger fan of this guy!!!

I have 4 versions of this figure I want to show three of them now. The first 2 are Phase 1 and phase 2 from the first animated short cartoon's. Since that is the only place we see him I thought it would be cool to use Clone wars figures to make them...well parts, phase 2's helmet is a neo helmet from the TAC wave which is also a cool clone Too.

the third one i call my hybrid or "realistic version"

I thought the one from the hunt for Grev pack was way off but that's because i'm his biggest fan. of course all are SA. Whatchathink?

Offline Peakob1

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Peakob1 CW Grievous Super articulation!
« Reply #5 on: July 8, 2010, 10:35 AM »
For those waiting to see some new stuff. I will get some more today but in the mean time here are 2 versions of my clone wars style General Grievous
I'm glad we get to see more of him in the clone wars. Both are super articulated, the first has 22 points of articulation

I was tired of grev always falling over so i figured out what was making him fall? It's the toes of the feet, they are too thin. If you want your grev to stand better go buy your self a General Grievous Key chain
yep! that's right! not only did i use the feet of the key chain which has thicker toes, I also used the head, which is much bigger then the original.
I have not seen that key chain around much so if you have a chance to get the 2010 Grev he has a better head too.

version one action General with fully operational arms.

version 2 grev with super wrist articulation