Author Topic: Han Solo (Hoth Outfit)  (Read 24073 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Han Solo (Hoth Outfit)
« Reply #15 on: June 4, 2010, 01:44 AM »
I suppose that's a matter of opinion.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darthfloyd

• Youngling
  • Customizing Fool
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 4, 2010, 05:33 PM »
Its so funny that people had a problem with this.  I remember even watching Empire in the theater in 97 thinking the Jacket was blue.  Of course the figure had something to do with it, but honestly, in the whited out series of Hoth outdoor shots, it ALWAYS looked blue to me (ok maybe not Hoth Han figure blue, but a dark blue - that was probably our eyes adjusting to our retinas burning out in the dark theater).  Even inside, I just took the darkened "brown" to be the shadows playing off of things.   
I was at C4.  I know its a brown jacket.  But even watching it today, I always see it as Blue (especially in those outdoor shots - and knowing that his bespin jacket is blue as well).  Besides screen accuracy, I never saw the point in everyone arguing about it. 
ANYWAY...
I never had hoth Han (funny, since the only Luke I had was Hoth Luke), but my friends did, and I loved using him to cut open the Tauntaun belly and save Luke from the Wampa. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: June 5, 2010, 03:42 AM »
The arguing, at least to me anyway, seemed to take on a life of people with proof and those without, but who would vehemently argue it was blue (to the point of making **** up) because for them it was nostalgic.

Now, I got the nostalgia argument...  "My toy was blue in 1981, and I want a blue one now!"

That to me, actually makes sense.  That's valid...  That's preferences and opinions being bantied about between collectors.  To me no different than a guy who wants figures carded, and Hasbro to go the extra mile to make sure figure cards are minty mint, as opposed to the loose collector that sees the package as merely a short-term obstacle to happiness.

The "argument" seemed to be a lot of Scott posting a bunch of images of the figure in a brown coat, definitively, and a bunch of guys showing nothing as definitive and making stuff up even (I still can't believe a guy kept arguing it was only brown for a costume fitting...  dont' ask him how he knows, he can't show you images, but he's sure he knew this).  :)

Arguing about WHY you want it one color or the other seemed to really go by the wayside to some degree...  Guys would say they'd want blue because the vintage was blue, but nobody seemed to pay attention to them saying that.  *shrugs*   :-\  I was wrapped up in a separate argument about the figure itself simply sucking.  Which it did.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 7, 2010, 12:12 PM »
One of my favorite figures, both vintage and modern.  The whole coat debate brought back a lot of memories as well.  To be honest, I always thought it was blue as well - primarily due to the vintage toy - but it does seem fairly obvious now that it was/is brown.  I am sort of glad that Hasbro keeps releasing it both ways, as I like having the "movie accurate" one, as well as the modern equivalent of the vintage toy.  I'm pretty happy with the versions we have already (hood up and hood down), although I wouldn't mind a slight tweak here or there so it could ride a Taun Taun (and maybe be included in a pack with an all-new Taun Taun as well ;))