Author Topic: 2019 Vintage Collection Wave 2  (Read 1042 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: 2019 Vintage Collection Wave 2
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2018, 02:04 PM »
Also, weird that they included a white holster for the 6" Mimban trooper only to have it not be able hold the blaster due to the new blaster sculpt with light on the side.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2018, 07:33 PM »
This Stormtrooper represents the Jedha Stormtrooper from Rogue One, re-using the sculpt Hasbro tooled up for the Mimban Stormtroopers from Solo.  Neither of those troopers had the holster, so no holster on the figure.

Eek! Never noticed that. Although I guess I can't blame Hasbro for being accurate, I still do.  :P
Please watch my Imperial Army Time-lapse Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4aNdbwtR_g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2018, 04:28 PM »
So it looks like the 3.75" Black Series Chewbacca is getting reissued in this wave.  Presumably, as VC 141.  As Chewbacca figures go, this is a pretty good one.  And the Early Bird version has been reissued at least a couple of times since the original issue (one of my favorite Chewie figures, personally).

I'm kind of curious about the cardback for this release.   Hasbro used the image from the original Chewbacca release on a Kenner card for the 2004 VOTC version, but that figure was styled like a TESB/ROTJ Chewie.  And I think that VOTC version was on either a ROTJ card, too.  Are they going to use that original image again?  It would be odd if they used the one from the Kenner ROTJ cardback.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2018, 07:12 PM »
From what Ive seen in databases, it is labeled as E4 so hopefully is the first issue Star Wars card back. That being said Revan is label as E9 so take that for what its worth.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird