Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 302699 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #1290 on: February 22, 2014, 07:43 PM »
I'm in Lubbock, TX this weekend and they happen to have one of I think two K Marts in the state... ended up stopping by and snagging the Ewok Catapult and one of the Scanning Crew sets. Still need the set with TK-421 which they didn't have but I'll snag it online.

I got the second to last Scanner set but they had at least ten catapults.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: March 31, 2014, 03:52 PM »
Finally got my hands on two carded Gamorrean Guards. One to display loose, on to keep MOC. Here's a shot with their ancient predecessor:

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: March 31, 2014, 08:32 PM »
I only managed to find 3 of those the first go around... I feel like it's one of the best figures Hasbro's ever made, and I'd love to see him re-released.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: May 4, 2014, 07:28 PM »
I picked up two Darth Malgus' from Tuesday Morning yesterday for $5.99 each. Those were the only TVC figures they had. I hit 3 other TM stores locally and found a few others, Hoth Luke, Maul, etc.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: June 25, 2016, 06:32 PM »
Picked up a loose Shae Vizsla without the alternate helmet-less head for $10 at a local comic convention today. Psyched, never saw this figure in the wild...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: September 13, 2018, 04:39 PM »
I managed to pick up Enfys Nest from TVC wave 2.  It would be nice to find the Tank Driver, or some of those price errors.  But I've got to say, the figure looks really good and it's nice to get a NEW super articulated figure at long last.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #1296 on: September 13, 2018, 09:03 PM »
Found a tag for TVC wave 2 for $5, but no figs.  :-[

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: October 13, 2018, 02:08 PM »
I spent a lot of cash over the past few days completing my 2018 wants from the carded vintage collection. Picked up my wave 3 case from EE along with a Deathtrooper. Then, I happened to hit WM.com at the right time on Thursday and managed to complete squads of both the Hovertank Pilot and Range Trooper.

Of all the 2018 Vintage figures, I purchased only one figure at retail, a Hoth Rebel Trooper. Everything else was on-line.

When I recover, I still "need" a few more tanks and TIE fighters.  :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: October 24, 2018, 09:42 PM »
Today a new Walmart Supercenter, aparently the largest in California for the moment, opend about a mile away from where I live.  I decided to brave the crowds and see if I could find anything and made a nice score with the Vintage Collection Wave 2 figures.  While I already had some of these, I was able to get figures I didn’t have like TFA Luke and and the Imperial Range Trooper.  They also had the new TIE Fighters, but I already found them at another store.  Felt nice to score something for once  ;)
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: October 25, 2018, 12:45 PM »
Saw the newest wave at my local comic shop today (the one with Enfys, young Han, and Aphra) but they wanted $20 a pop. I'll wait to cherrypick the pegwarmers for under $10
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: June 2, 2019, 09:05 AM »
More discounts at Walmart.  TVC figures are marked down to about $9.97 (need to check my receipt to be sure).  So I finally bought a Jedi Master Luke (I only bought one in the 3.75" TBS line).

Feedback

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #1301 on: June 3, 2019, 09:52 AM »
More discounts at Walmart.  TVC figures are marked down to about $9.97 (need to check my receipt to be sure).  So I finally bought a Jedi Master Luke (I only bought one in the 3.75" TBS line).

You actually had something other than Snoke and Rey at your local store?!
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: June 3, 2019, 10:08 AM »

You actually had something other than Snoke and Rey at your local store?!

Oddly enough, yes!  Han Solo (SOLO), TLJ Luke, Cassian Andor, Range Troopers and Enfys Nest.

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1303 on: June 3, 2019, 11:47 PM »
Haven’t seen anything but Snoke and FO stormtroopers in eons except at Target.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1304 on: June 24, 2019, 01:22 AM »
Local comic shop was having a customer appreciation event so I stopped by.  25% off toys drew me in.

They’re not really scalpery here and seem to get their toys direct from previews or whoever.  So prices are reasonable or downright fine.  $12.99 was some of the TVC pricing but they also had a few $14.99 figures around.  Either way 25% off put them below retail cost so I figured I’d look around.

Some of the older stuff they have appears like it was a collection purchase or three at some time.  It’s priced anywhere from “uh yeah, no” to a fair deal (b1g1 potf2 fodder for instance).

So I popped in and wound up being shocked to see a TVC Yakface for $12.99, TVC Scarrif Trooper for $12.99, Imp Tanker for $14.99 and Enfys Nest for $14.99.  So I bought those.  They had lots of others I wasn’t into like Range Troopers.  Not bad I just didn’t need more. 

So I looked in the old figure bin and got another ASP7 for my epic awesome ASP7 collection, and a 2-1B for free with it, and they took 25% off the other figures $4.99 tag too.

I wasn’t expecting a nice haul this weekend but I wound up doing really well. 🤷‍♂️
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77