Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 303304 times)

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #150 on: September 29, 2010, 03:14 PM »
Got arc welder Solo today for 4 bux and change with this Kmart coupon: http://www.printablecouponfeed.com/kmart/25734 . Unfortunately I just heard about it today. :-\

Prior purchases from this line have been Dengar (awesome!), Threepio, Cody and Jabba (!!! :D).

Outside of this line I also recently bought Resurgence and the Ultimate Sarlacc (thanks Ray!).
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 03:16 PM by Ook »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 29, 2010, 11:50 PM »
WAVE 2 HAS HIT TARGET!!!

Found the foil upgrades I needed. Wave 2 is officially in bed.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 30, 2010, 01:27 AM »
WAVE 2 HAS HIT TARGET!!!

Found the foil upgrades I needed. Wave 2 is officially in bed.

I know what I'm doing this weekend...
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #153 on: October 1, 2010, 02:20 PM »
At TRU today I picked up:

Non Foil Cody
Small Eyed Battle Droid
CW Nikto Guard

There is a sale on Legnds and CWs, 2 for $11.99. The Nikto is marked at $10.99 but the kind cashier gave me the sale price. Also of note Target and TRU had plenty of both Waves of Legacy. They were stocked full!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 3, 2010, 09:56 AM »
Hoth Leia for free at Kohl's. :D

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 3, 2010, 06:11 PM »

How did you get it for free?!
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 3, 2010, 06:29 PM »
Jodo Kast with the $5 coupon at K-Mart (last one they had), also found a Legacy collection Imperial Scanning Trooper for $3.20. So I got both figures for $7.62.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 3, 2010, 09:38 PM »

How did you get it for free?!

Oh sorry. I took it for granted that people knew there was $10 off of a $10 purchase coupon going out in the mail. They go out quite often. Hell of a deal! 8)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 4, 2010, 12:14 AM »
Snagged Cape w/ Grievous accessory, Sith Eyes Anakin and Palpidious tonight.

Weirdest thing was that a few days ago they had foil versions of everybody except Anakin (a Magnaguard was in his place). Went back to pick everything up tonight and everything was non-foil, the Magnaguard was gone, and Anakin was in its place. The foil versions don't make a difference to me, but I really wanted the Magnaguard.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 8, 2010, 09:55 PM »
Picked up 5 out of the 6 Geonosis packs today as well as the vintage Target ships.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #160 on: October 11, 2010, 12:20 PM »
I picked up:
x2 Defense of Hoth Sets
x2 Attack on Hoth Sets
10 New Geo 2 Sets (All but Obi-Wan)
x2 Small Eyed Corrected Geo Battle Droids
Vintage Darth Sidious for custom fodder.
Vintage C-3P0
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 11, 2010, 12:59 PM »
Another free one at Kohl's ($10 coupon). Boba Fett.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 11, 2010, 04:26 PM »
well I went to Target and I saw the display of all the SW exclusives and I blew my wallet load...  Grabbed the Commado 2 pack, 4 of the genosis sets, the bounty hunter 4 pack, and the defense on Hoth pack.   :o

seriously, I like all of the exclusives, but that was a lot for me to spend on toys.  I wish they were more spread out evenly throughout the year, but I made my choice.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #163 on: October 11, 2010, 07:18 PM »
Agreed wholeheartedly.  I miss the 2-packs in Spring instead of this Fall deal when they ship.  :( 

The big battlepacks are cool now I guess, good kick-off items to Christmas, and a Clone Wars exclusive is cool, but this was a ton of stuff, all at once, which makes you start to question how you collect.  Spread out, I'd probably buy 2 or 3 of the Hoth Rebel set if I saw them...  All together, I question a decision like that.  Especially for me because this time of year is expensive for me in other areas, between my love of Halloween, hockey, football...  And I'm always winterizing cars at this time of year.

That's a lot of **** draining my wallet, and then on top of it a deluge of SW exclusives, haha.  I'm just glad there isn't a basic figure wave to track down right now too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 11, 2010, 07:41 PM »
That's a lot of **** draining my wallet, and then on top of it a deluge of SW exclusives, haha.  I'm just glad there isn't a basic figure wave to track down right now too.

thats the thing though too - who knows when the ROTJ will pop up, and then if AOTC happens before the end of the year, iirc wave 5 could potentially be following its heels.

Today was a day unlike any of my other collecting days.  I collect SW figures - mainly realistic formats and with a hint of CW figures that I am intersted in, GI Joe, and Marvel Universe.  I have never had a day I walked into a retail outlet and spent this much money, around $140, without there being a BMF style vehicle in the cart.  I totally skipped the Mighty Muggs 3 packs, I thought they were cool, but I spent enough $$$.

So what is there between now and the end of the year?  Maybe the 3 waves I listed above if I am right, a sprinkling of CW figures, and the EE comic sets - plus the stuff I collect from the other lines.  Am I missing other SW items or exclusives?