Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 304997 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #180 on: October 16, 2010, 09:22 AM »

The second TIE is to open - I believe it's a new combination of cockpit and color. Right?

Yes.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 17, 2010, 02:57 PM »
Snagged a Magnaguard at Target last night. Only ROTS figure they didn't have multiples of.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 18, 2010, 03:40 PM »
Picked up a second opener of the Defense of Hoth set at my local Target this morning.

They were finishing the set up the endcap when I got to the store but that was the one thing that they didn't have out. They had only one Assault on Hoth set, so I took it to the price scanner to see if they had more - I wasn't going to ask them to check if the system said no.

At that point, the woman working the endcap said in a really snotty tone "You know the price is on the shelf under the item."

To which I replied, "Yes, I know, but I wanted to see if you had any more in the back."

And then she said, "You can only buy two, there's a limit on those."

And then I said, "That's not a problem, I'm only looking to buy one, I want the other set that comes in the case, would it be a problem to get me one?"

And then of course, she had to argue with me that the two sets in the case were identical.

Finally she relented and got a younger kid to bring out a case and he handed me the Defense of Hoth set.

Of course, I didn't get an apology from her, just an attitude when I showed her there were two different sets.

Up until last week I've been getting my new stuff from either WalMart or TRU - nice to have been reminded as to why I stay away from Target...
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 03:40 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 23, 2010, 12:35 AM »
Scored a second Magnaguard today, because why not?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #184 on: October 23, 2010, 01:47 AM »
Why not indeed.

He's tough to track down here though I have passed on a few now.  I haven't seen one in a bit though, and probably would like my tally to come in around 6 anyway.  It's a great figure and I anxiously await a blue deco of him down the road.  I'll rebuy for sure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 23, 2010, 02:13 AM »
Yeah, I've only seen three in the wild, and stupidly passed on the first one I saw. I've seen two at Target in the last week and instantly grabbed both of them, since they're the hardest to find of the ROTS wave. Not that that's saying much though, since the entire wave is still kind of HTF around here. A bit easier since the Target resets, but still tough.

I think I'm done buying Magnaguards, at least for now. Still have like half of Wave 1 to pick up, plus the awesome ROTJ wave will probably be hitting any day now. And I'm sure we'll get a cheaper rerelease in the Legends line next year.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 2, 2010, 07:29 PM »
Broke down and got two Sandtroopers today, since I never picked up a Dewback last year.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 4, 2010, 12:34 PM »
Picked up the figure variants from the Legends line for the MOC collection today - Small Eyes Battledroids, different Vader, removeable armor Jango....

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #188 on: November 7, 2010, 09:22 PM »
Picked up some figs on sale at Target- Dengar, Grievous, and an AT-AT Commander. Still no endcap at this Target, which I find to be bizarre.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #189 on: November 8, 2010, 02:07 AM »
I bought the last Hoth Rebel Defense of Hoth pack Target had on sale, and I intend to try to get my difference back on the other 5 sets I have picked up too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 8, 2010, 01:09 PM »
With the recent sales at WM and Target, I picked up another AT-AT Commander (TVC) and Snowspeeder Luke (Legends).  That Snowspeeder Pilot Luke Skywalker is one of those figures I just can't get enough of, grabbed an extra just to have swinging from the AT-AT on display :).

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #191 on: November 8, 2010, 11:32 PM »
My local Target finally set up the endcap, so I helped myself to a Snowspeeder and Defense set, which I probably wouldn't have purchased if that and the Speeder weren't $5 off.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 9, 2010, 01:07 AM »
A Target I rarely go to was totally up-to-date, endcap and all. Scored TVC Boba and Anakin (Darth Vader). Took advantage of the sale going on instead of paying full price. Also scored TCW Shaak Ti and Pre Viszla.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 12, 2010, 03:03 PM »
Went on a megahunt today and found the ROTJ wave at multiple Targets, as well as, brace yourself, K-Mart! (The price difference right now is no contest though) Scored Wooof, Ackbar, Wicket, and Gammorean Guard. Complete awesomeness!

I'll detail my thoughts in the other thread, but suffice to say if I had this much luck they're probably hitting all over by now. Great, great wave.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 12, 2010, 09:31 PM »
Was able to score almost two ROTJ sets myself today. Couldn't get the extra Ackbar and Gam Guard.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."