Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 303492 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #270 on: February 21, 2011, 07:02 PM »
Maybe the Clone can be bs'd as having a deco that is off-white?  It's the Brown Egg Division.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline NightVyper

• Youngling
  • KAboom!
    • View Profile
    • adamgracia.com
« Reply #271 on: February 21, 2011, 09:19 PM »
i want the janga fett it looks nice and like the poncho. it would be sweet if he came with a blue sombrero too, but seriously i want the poncho.
Left Blank For Symbolism.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #272 on: February 21, 2011, 11:08 PM »
Look for the Legends Jango...  I think you'll be happier all around on that, personally.  It's a different outfit Jango but has the poncho.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 23, 2011, 12:27 AM »
Picked up my opener Wave 5 set this morning at a WalMart on my way into work.

Pretty much a ho-hum wave. I would have much rather found more of the AOTC wave, that wave is much more interesting to me than this one.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 23, 2011, 04:31 PM »
found the AOTC wave at WM in Mishawaka, Indiana.  I only needed the Senate Guard, and at $8.96, I was glad that was all I needed.  Also, just an FYI if anyone is keeping track, it was the variant version where the card back picture shows the full body of the Guard. 

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 26, 2011, 07:15 AM »
Captain Piet helped me score most of the AOTC wave at one of our local WalMarts yesterday.

Now all I need is another Zam and I need a bunch more Senate Guards, I'm good with the rest of the wave though.

I'm really liking the upgrades made to Kit Fisto for this release - the ball jointed hips are a nice touch.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #276 on: February 26, 2011, 10:36 AM »
Yep, we help each other out.  ;)
So I snagged the two Senate guards and the other Zam from two cases put out at a Wal-Mart that has been crazy packed with figures in two separate areas, yet they put out more. Uh, OK?
With General Lando wave and new Clone Wars Ahsoka and Anakin wave now shipping, keep 'em coming. Although, I figure Target has to get in the act here.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #277 on: February 26, 2011, 10:19 PM »
I got the wave 5 Stormtrooper tonight at WM...  It's funny but while I see some discoloration, if mine's the "norm" then people have really been blowing the severity of it out of proportion because it's not horrific. 

I'm going to replace it with a Spacetrooper bucket regardless.  I think the paintjob is worse than any discoloration though.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 27, 2011, 05:32 AM »
I got the wave 5 Stormtrooper tonight at WM...  It's funny but while I see some discoloration, if mine's the "norm" then people have really been blowing the severity of it out of proportion because it's not horrific. 

I haven't seen many people complaining about the coloration of the stormie helmet, the complaints have been more about the sculpt (not looking much like a stormtrooper helmet) and also the paintjob.

Got a pic?

The Utapau clone in that wave seems to be the one with the helmet yellowing issues.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #279 on: February 28, 2011, 02:11 AM »
I saw some Utapau Clones tonight at another WM and I didn't think they looked bad either...  Not great, but not as bad as the white Clones with the yellowing.  A shade between clean and that figure is where I'd put it.

The Stormtrooper helmet is an ok sculpt to me...  ok enough I guess, but I'm still replacing it with a Spacetrooper helmet.  There's enough discoloration I notice it.  The paintjob is sloppy as **** though, so I'm completely down on that...  The brow bar thing is like Burt's unibrow.

No pic, nothing short of a crummy cell phone anyway, but yeah, it's not bad really...  I'd say the Sandtroopers I've seen have worse yellowing on their thighs, and the white Clones are way worse.  I've only seen 2 Utapau Clones so far though, since they seem to be the worst of the worst when it comes to this discoloration thing.

The stormie looks good enough to me though beside the paintjob.  Paintjobs are really getting the axe these days on many figures though.  I guess it's like marketing, it's usually the first thign to get cut when times are tough.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 4, 2011, 04:53 PM »
Walked into one of my local Wal-Marts this morning to find them doing a minor reset (for the Pirates of the Carribean and Thor figures), which was sending some stuff to the clearance aisle.  Wal-Mart usually takes forever to clear stuff out here (or they just move it two aisles over, put a "red" tag on it at the original price, and claim it's on clearance), but imagine my shock when I saw an AT-AT on the bottom shelf, with a red "29.00" clearance sticker!  :o

I didn't need another one, but a friend of mine had said she'd like one, so I picked it up for her.  When the cashier ran it across the scanner, it rang up at 24.00 even.   :o :o

Probably the best clearance find I've ever had, at least from the price perspective.  WINNING!  ;D

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 4, 2011, 06:41 PM »
Walked into one of my local Wal-Marts this morning to find them doing a minor reset (for the Pirates of the Carribean and Thor figures), which was sending some stuff to the clearance aisle.  Wal-Mart usually takes forever to clear stuff out here (or they just move it two aisles over, put a "red" tag on it at the original price, and claim it's on clearance), but imagine my shock when I saw an AT-AT on the bottom shelf, with a red "29.00" clearance sticker!  :o

I didn't need another one, but a friend of mine had said she'd like one, so I picked it up for her.  When the cashier ran it across the scanner, it rang up at 24.00 even.   :o :o

Probably the best clearance find I've ever had, at least from the price perspective.  WINNING!  ;D

Wow.  Nice score!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 4, 2011, 09:47 PM »
Excellent price!!!
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #283 on: March 5, 2011, 02:10 AM »

You've gotta have Adonis DNA & Tiger Blood for that, you Warlock Wizard.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda