Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 303413 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #555 on: October 30, 2011, 05:45 PM »
Saw lots (well, 3 of each at least) of the Target exclusives today.  Makes me think more and more about a sale.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: November 1, 2011, 03:58 AM »
Woohoo! Scored Wave 9 on a post-Halloween festivities Wal-Mart Run (obviously I was over with the ladies). Two cases, got one Bastilla, one Ponda and both Hoth Officers, left the Revenge figures. One Echo Base Officer has some weird paint residue on his face, looks like he was hit by a snowball or something.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: November 2, 2011, 05:56 AM »
Went out searching for rebel fleet troopers at the weekend to no avail. Ended up with one of the  vintage storm troopers with the better helmet. In London, I've got about four potential stores that figures might turn up in and I combine my hunt with a Saturday run with a backpack in case I find something. I guess I don't have the gas money issue you guys have, but two hours of running and one lousy storm trooper.... it just didn't seem worth it... it's getting really difficult to pick up figures at retail over here.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: November 2, 2011, 09:03 AM »
I had a both interesting and mildly disappointing find yesterday. Found the first freshly stocked case in over month, and it was new having the new Boba-offer stickers. However, it did not have Panda a company. I had mostly Revenge cards, so I got the Rebel commando, Leia, Stormtrooper and Wicket on Revenge card, and the TIE pilot and B-Wing pilot on Return cards. There was and R2 and Luke on revenge, but I already had those.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: November 12, 2011, 11:58 AM »
I had one hell of a weekend, for both Vintage and Clone Wars:

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #560 on: November 12, 2011, 12:27 PM »
Wow.  Amazing haul!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: November 13, 2011, 09:51 AM »
I broke down and picked up the trench run set. Hit almost all the stores I used to when I would do involved runs, I have to say, I'm pretty dismayed at the state of vintage availability. Although there's room, vintage just isn't getting stocked.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: November 13, 2011, 11:32 AM »
Definately not getting stocked. At TRU, the two vintage Vaders are gone but replaced with two Lograys. Weird. However on ebay, I picked up a dragonsnake for $12 and Randall is getting a baby AT-AT for his birthday with that 20% off coupon from a while back.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 04:10 PM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: November 13, 2011, 02:47 PM »
Made a few TVC finds yesterday.  Got a couple more RFT's, another Ponda Baba and found a crushed case of TVC wave 8.  Those cards were just mangled.  Case lineup was as follows:

1x VC23 Jedi Luke Skywalker
1x VC25 R2-D2 with lightsaber and drink tray (Revenge)
1x VC26 Rebel Commando (black running change)
1x VC27 Wicket (Revenge)
1x VC53 Bom Vimdim (Ep IV)
1x VC41 Stormtrooper (Revenge)
1x VC62 Han Solo (ROTJ)
1x VC65 TIE Pilot (ROTJ)
1x Boba Fett (ROTJ)
1x VC63 Keyan Farlander (ROTJ)
1x VC64 Slave Leia (Revenge)
1x VC08 Darth Vader

I scored the Endor Rebel and TIE Pilot for myself, plus a Bom Vimdim for a friend.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: November 15, 2011, 11:29 AM »
I stumbled across a fresh case of TVC Wave 8 this morning at target while out stalking another armored Savage oppress figure. I forgot the Boba fett was new and I didn't see the black dude, but I did pick up Leia, Endor Han, and the TIE Pilot for a fellow collector. (Same guy who helped me out with TCW Wave 12 on Sunday)

I also snagged a Fordo due its sheer awesomeness, even though I already have two.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: November 15, 2011, 02:30 PM »
I think im out
for real
I said here before that I have left over distobution before and with all the rehashes and main charcters really being all they offer anymore I will be able to make up anything I missed within a short period when I do ever come back
but I was leaning towards this for a while but having picked up MU and GI joes habits lately, I just cant get excited about the prospect of going to 4 Wal marts and 3 targets thrice a week at the chance of finding the one or two figures I could use from these vastly under distibuted waves, and even THEN having to pay  acouple bucks more for them than I would pay for a MU or joe.
I was actively hunting teh cho trooper and a Wicket, some FTS, but now everytime I consider hunting I just pick up a coupel Cobra troopers or an X man

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: November 15, 2011, 05:04 PM »
Our local Target stocked a fresh case of Wave 9, so I picked up another Walrus Man and Echo Trooper.  I'd like to get a few more Echo troops, but we'll see how distribution is for the rest of the year.  This past weekend, I also picked up a TVC TIE Pilot, which for some reason rang up at $3.75.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: November 15, 2011, 08:42 PM »
I found 3 different Targets today that had stocked Wave 8, and none of them had the Black Endor Rebel. At the first 2 stores, they literally had EVERY other figure from the case on the pegs. Even desirable stuff like Fordo and Endor Han. If that's the work of scalpers, they are getting VERY selective.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #568 on: November 15, 2011, 09:54 PM »
I found the same thing - my local Target stocked Wave 8 today, and I found everyone but the Rebel and Han.  I found this odd as I figured Leia would be target #1 for any scalpers, but maybe it was something else at work.  Anyways, nabbed Revenge Leia, ROTJ B-Wing Pilot, TIE Pilot and Boba.  Need only Return Leia and Rebel to complete 2011!

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: November 15, 2011, 10:58 PM »
There are two revisions of Wave 8, one with the black commando and the other without. The revision without the commando has figures like ARC Trooper, Logray, and Slave Leia on the Return of the Jedi card. I have only seen the revision without the commando at Target, and I wouldn't be surprised if most Targets are getting the same revision.