Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 303355 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #765 on: March 12, 2012, 04:48 PM »
I read more about this non-story today.  A "reporter" claiming that "they know for a fact that figures have been sent back to the Wal-Mart distribution center". 

REALLY?

Did they actually see the figures boxed up for shipping?  Did they see those boxes get put on a truck?  Did a Hasbro retail rep confirm this information independently?  A clear case of shoddy reporting if there ever was one.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: March 16, 2012, 03:40 PM »
What might be entirely more accurate is that the figures were being boxed up based on an impending aisle reset. A WalMart I frequent in the morning recently shifted the action figure aisle and over the course of a couple of days they boxed everything up and then once the pegs had been reset, they again, over a couple of days, put everything back out.

I saw an employee with a box of Movie Heroes Wave 1 in a cart - one of those "return to manufacturer" shipping boxes they have. Am I to just assume (like a moron) that they are shipping them back to Hasbro cause the wave sucks ass?

No! Of course not! It's just a random box that they had on hand to cram the figures into and the employee was about to fill the MH pegs.

I agree with Nick - combine aisle resets, pricing problems with Vintage and the fact that most WalMart employees are lazy, this is just about the worst piece of reporting I have ever seen....
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: March 16, 2012, 10:14 PM »
I got TVC Sandtrooper today, VC 14

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: March 17, 2012, 02:12 AM »
Snagged a second Vintage Maul earlier, for reasons that elude even me. Something to do with some slight paintjob off-ness on the first one I got. Might return it or trade it.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #769 on: March 17, 2012, 04:51 AM »
Picked up 3 Sandtroopers, and E2 Kenobi at 5 Below after work, and nabbed 2 of the WM Exclusive AT-RT's at Ross too.  Nice little haul and was pretty cheap in the grand scheme. 

The Sandtrooper catches a lot of poop round here, but I gotta say, I love it.  :-\  At least at $5 I love it anyway...  It's not bad, and the extra articulation really helps with setting up a nice diorama/scene.  I have some standing around a few guys kneeling like they're inspecting something on the ground...  It's subtle but it really looks neat compared to everyone just standing around, and the ball joints at the hips make it possible ultimately.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #770 on: March 20, 2012, 12:46 AM »
I nabbed the first Toys 'R' Us Endor Pilot pack finally yesterday. Along with another Rebel Fleet Trooper. I was looking back at my 2011 Great Collector's Challenge list and noticed I bought my first Fleet Troopers over a year ago. It is ad that I have bought every RFT I have seen at retail and have a massive army of six troopers...

It really does say a lot about distribution and case ratios lately when a figure that has been out for over a year can still feel so new.
"This is the way."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: March 22, 2012, 02:29 PM »
Anyone still seeing the Echo Base Trooper around?  That was one I was definitely hoping to army build, but yeah, it is tough to find more than 4-5 of some of these troop builders before they're on to the next wave.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: March 22, 2012, 05:05 PM »
Anyone still seeing the Echo Base Trooper around?  That was one I was definitely hoping to army build, but yeah, it is tough to find more than 4-5 of some of these troop builders before they're on to the next wave.

I NEVER saw that figure in a store.  I only got mine through trading or from online stores.

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #773 on: March 22, 2012, 06:29 PM »
I said it when the future case assortments came out and Hasbro indiccated at I believe NYCC that they were NOT going to reship him, but he may be one of the tougher figures to get in TVC.  Some good demand for him out there, a good army builder, and shipped in one assortment that didn't ship a TON when it was released. 

Absolutely no reason not to re-release him that I've ever seen.  No clue what the Hasbro logic was on that one.

I saw Barriss Offee from Wave 7 a bit, even with 7's fairly limited distribution itself.  She's who I wouldn't bring back, and replace with the Echo Trooper.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: March 22, 2012, 06:46 PM »
Absolutely no reason not to re-release him that I've ever seen.  No clue what the Hasbro logic was on that one.

I saw Barriss Offee from Wave 7 a bit, even with 7's fairly limited distribution itself.  She's who I wouldn't bring back, and replace with the Echo Trooper.

Barriss sat around in my area for a little while. Bom Vimdin was worse, especially when he reshipped in the fall. Both of them are being packed in two separate cases this spring/summer.... I don't understand why they are being shipped so heavily, instead of reshipping the Echo Base guy or Bastila Shan. I guess I think a "Best of" assortment would be better than re-releasing Wave 7 in its entirety, especially since over half of the wave was reshipped last fall. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: March 22, 2012, 07:18 PM »
TVC wave 9 was by far the most scarce wave of basic figures that I've seen in a long time.  I only ever saw Ponda Baba at retail, and never saw either Bastila or the Hoth Rebel in a store.  Hasbro's rationale on these particular figures is certainly cause for collectors to scratch their heads.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 07:18 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: March 23, 2012, 10:22 AM »
I barely saw this case as well. However, I wouldn't be surprised if this one turns up at Ross or TJ Maxx at some point.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #777 on: March 23, 2012, 10:47 AM »
If I were the Hasbro Product Manager and the cost panned out I would have broke the two case breakdowns for the Evazan waves like this:

1x VC86 Ep I Darth Maul (Final Battle)
1x VC58 Ep III Aayle Secura
1x VC59 EU Nom Anor
1x VC56 Ep VI Kithaba (Barada)
1x VC57 Ep IV Dr. Cornelius Evazan
1x VC51 Ep II Bariss Offee Ponda Baba
1x VC50 Ep V Bespin Han
1x VC53 Ep IV Bom Vindin Echo Base Trooper
1x VC54 EU ARC Trooper Commander
1x VC55 Ep VI Logray Bastilla
1x VC21 Ep VI Gamorrean Guard
1x VC52 Ep IV Rebel Fleet Trooper

1x Qui-Gon Jinn (Phantom Menace) Ponda Baba
1x Darth Maul
1x Clone Wars Anakin Skywalker
1x Darth Vader (Episode IV)
1x Luke Skywalker (Hoth)
1x VC87 Luke Skywalker (Jedi Origin)
1x VC58 Aayla Secura
1x VC59 Nom Anor
1x VC60 501st Clone Trooper
1x VC56 Kithaba (Barada)
1x VC57 Dr. Cornelius Evazan
1x VC28 Wedge Antilles

I would have loved some more Pondas for customs and I was only able to get 5 Echo Base troopers which one I am keeping carded. I would have like another 4 at least. Ponda and the Dr should ship together in the same case - period. He is one of the most recognizable SW characters. It really does not make sense with their over reshipments of EP1 figures. Just look at the 2012 Vintage Star Wars Wave 02 case breakdown:

1x VC75 Ep I Qui-Gon (Final Battle)
1x VC86 Ep I Darth Maul (Final Battle)
1x VC76 Ep I Obi-Wan (Final Battle)
1x VC78 Ep I Battle Droid
1x VC79 Ep I Darth Sidious
1x VC80 Ep 1 Anakin (Padawan)
1x VC83 Ep I Naboo Royal Guard

1x VC92 Clone Wars Anakin Skywalker
1x VC93 Ep IV Darth Vader
1x VC94 Ep IV Imperial Navy Commander
1x VC95 Ep V Luke (Hoth)
1x VC96 EU Darth Malgus
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: March 23, 2012, 03:19 PM »
I rarely saw Logray and maybe Bariss twice.

Basically, screw most of that Revenge wave that was wasted case slots. Though again, most of that didn't linger around here due to the holidays. Only Han in coat was readily available. Saw the dark skinned Rebel Commando just once.

Online P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: March 23, 2012, 04:47 PM »
I see lots of Pondas at my local TRU. They aren't going to move at the $12 price mark.