Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 303317 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #90 on: August 7, 2010, 02:34 PM »
Picked up Fett, Dengar and Luke yesterday at Target. Would have picked up more but I'm trying to spread out my purchases.

Also everywhere I've gone, aside from WM which has nothing, there are maybe 1-2 of each figure except for Vader and 4-LOM, where there are always 4-5 of those two figures. I'm already sick of looking at them.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 7, 2010, 07:18 PM »
I picked up a couple of extras of Luke and Leia today, and I've seen the same thing locally.  WM still has nothing, both Targets had a pretty good supply...as did TRU.  Fett is by far the rarest, and I've only seen him once.  Plenty of Vaders and 4-LOMs, and the rest seem easy enough to find so far - but it is pretty much the first weekend they are out there, so we'll see.  I'm interested to see how this line sells overall, and if we'll see an improvement over Legacy.  Man, that packaging (and the figures for that matter) sure is pretty.  The AT-ATs seem to be selling pretty well, as they were gone at both of our local Targets already.
« Last Edit: August 7, 2010, 07:18 PM by Brian »

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 7, 2010, 11:23 PM »
picked up opener leia and dack today. the only figure of both vintage/cw that wasn't there at target was boba fett (they put out 3 cases of each).

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 7, 2010, 11:47 PM »
It seems that after countless re-releases, TVC Boba is very rare. ???
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 8, 2010, 11:34 AM »
Picked up Jabba.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 10, 2010, 10:17 AM »

I don't get this either.  It's the only one fromt he line that I'm missing after countless store visits (okay, maybe 5 or 6, but still...).  I'm buying him, but no more than the rest of the figs.  I would think someone like Dak who is brand new would be a better seller.  Weird.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #96 on: August 10, 2010, 02:54 PM »
In my neck of the woods, Dak and the AT-AT Commander sell out as much as Boba it seems.  Luke and Vader seem to be the slowest sellers here right now, with Vader taking the title quite handily.  Though I've seen every figure now several times.

Clone Wars stuff seems to be doing just as well as ever though.  I've not seen a lot of the new figures yet at all.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 10, 2010, 09:00 PM »
Picked up a second C-3PO at WalMart so I could display a second C-3PO in various states of disrepair.

Too bad the arms and left leg don't come off, if they did, this would be the ultimate build-a-droid version of C-3PO.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline MistaBinks

• Youngling
  • Stand up to cancer.
    • View Profile
    • Y2Chaos
« Reply #98 on: August 10, 2010, 10:54 PM »
Sorry if this has already been covered. Does anyone know which Star Case works best with Vintage Collection cardbacks?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 11, 2010, 09:54 AM »
I've never really bought "Star Cases", but I'm attempting to continue at least with the OT figures in the Vintage Collection, and since the VOTC/VTSC figures are in cases, I've thought about picking some up to keep some uniformity to them.  I wonder if Hasbro will offer something, but I'm not holding my breath.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 11, 2010, 10:32 AM »
I've never really bought "Star Cases", but I'm attempting to continue at least with the OT figures in the Vintage Collection, and since the VOTC/VTSC figures are in cases, I've thought about picking some up to keep some uniformity to them.  I wonder if Hasbro will offer something, but I'm not holding my breath.

I would buy a clamshell for every Vintage Collection figure if they made them to match with the previously released VOTC/VTSC figures.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 11, 2010, 11:59 AM »

I don't get this either.  It's the only one fromt he line that I'm missing after countless store visits (okay, maybe 5 or 6, but still...).  I'm buying him, but no more than the rest of the figs.  I would think someone like Dak who is brand new would be a better seller.  Weird.

Boba probably has the casual or even non-collector appeal. I'm bet people our are our age who never buy toys for themselves are picking him up.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #102 on: August 18, 2010, 12:13 AM »
I've only seen Fett a couple of times. Still a popular character, I guess. I did buy one last night (and a Dengar) so that was nice. Picked up Leia last weekend, and I suppose with the Fett purchase I'm in for a carded set.  :-\
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 18, 2010, 10:45 AM »
Picked up a second Dengar to open.
Peter

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 21, 2010, 11:14 AM »
Found my Jodo Kast.