Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 303374 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #15 on: July 1, 2010, 10:33 AM »
Some things CAN happen, but there really only seemed to be strict enforcement by Hasbro in movie years when leaking stuff meant leaking stuff about the movies.  It doesn't seem to be as important these days.

Makes sense...I can see Hasbro just shrugging their collectiv shoulders and saying "Hey, we can't control what our vendors do".

I posted this elsewhere, but it bears repeating: given that it is now obvious that some stores are observing the street date and some are not, couldn't Hasbro just draft a letter to TRU telling them to go ahead and start selling the things anyway? What's the point of having a hard street date if so many stores are just going to ignore it? Seems like that would only aggravate the consumers.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 1, 2010, 10:52 AM »
Picked up the following this morning on my way into work:

"Vintage" Collection Wave 1 - The Empire Strikes Back
  2x 2010 VC01 Dengar
  2x 2010 VC02 Cloud Car Pilot
  2x 2010 VC03 Leia (Hoth Outfit)
  2x 2010 VC04 Han Solo (Echo Base Outfit)
  2x 2010 VC05 Luke Skywaler (Bespin Fatigues)
  2x 2010 VC06 AT-AT Commander
  2x 2010 VC07 C-3PO
  2x 2010 VC08 Dack Raltar
  2x 2010 VC09 Darth Vader
  2x 2010 VC10 Boba Fett
  2x 2010 VC11 4-LOM {repack}

2010 SAGA LEGENDS
  1x SL01  Bossk
  1x SL02  IG-88
  1x SL03  Zuckuss
  1x SL04  Greedo
  1x SL05  Jango Fett
  1x SL06  Darth Vader
  1x SL07  Princess Leia in Boushh Disguise
  1x SL08  Darth Maul
  1x SL09  General Grievous
  1x SL10  Clone Trooper (Episode II)
  1x SL11  Darth Vader - Sith Apprentice (Episode III)
  1x SL12  Obi-Wan Kenobi

I'm in pretty good shape now with the first few waves of figures. All I need are '10 CW04 - '10 CW09 & '10 CW11 MOC and I'm all caught up with the Shadows of the Darkside/Vintage lines until the Wave 2 stuff starts to hit...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 1, 2010, 02:07 PM »
My wife went to TRU and SCORED for me today!

I got all of wave one except C-3PO (which I had no intention of buying anyway).

Plus one each of the Cloud Car, Snowspeeder, and Blue deco TX-130 tank.

Since there is the Buy one get one half off, she was able to score the discount on them. So I ended up saving over $60 on top of getting these figures early.

Now I just have to wait until the work day is over to get home and view my goodies!!

All of the Saga Legends Blue cards were there too, but I didn't want any of them. So I passed on the Legends figs.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 1, 2010, 06:38 PM »
I almost was able to score a third set of Vintage Wave 1 today on my way home from work, but got denied at the last second due to the date restriction on the box. I even tried showing my receipt from earlier in the day and that did not help at all.

I'm gonna order more vehicles from TRU.com tomorrow, after I get paid, just to be done with them, may even throw in the rest of the repack Clone Wars figures as well. I figure if they come damaged, I can always buy them at full price on August 6th and return the damaged ones.

If I get all of that, I'd be left with just the store exclusive figures (CW Kul Teska, CW Nikto Guard, Jodo Kast), battlepacks, deluxe figures and the AT-AT - and of course any other exclusives that come out at launch.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 4, 2010, 11:13 AM »
Picked up a Cloud Car and Snowspeeder from TRU yesterday. Both are just well done.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 4, 2010, 01:00 PM »
Quite a big week for me, collecting-wise.  Thanks to the good people at Toys R Us, I was able to get the following:

Vintage Figures:

-Dengar
-Hoth Leia
-Echo Base Han
-Bespin Luke
-AT-AT Commander
-C-3P0
-Dack
-Boba Fett
-Cloud Car Pilot

Vintage/SOTDS Vehicles (via TRU.com):

-Snowspeeder
-Cloud Car

...plus several HFTD Transformers (Leader Starscream, Voyager Seaspray, Deluxe Ironhide, Ravage, and BB), a GI Joe POC HISS Tank for a friend, and an animated CW Grievous (which is a great figure, btw).

If this is going to be the level of quality for the Vintage stuff for the duration of the line, color me excited.  Even the Echo Base Han and Threepio, which are, IMO, the "lesser" of the first wave, are still very nice and worth picking up.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #21 on: July 4, 2010, 04:42 PM »
I found all of Vintage Wave 1, all of CW wave 1 except for Pre Visla, all of Saga Legends Wave 1, and the new ships at TRU this weekend.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 6, 2010, 12:17 PM »
Through a combination of TRU.com and our local store (CW stuff only), I've picked up the following over the past week or so:

TVC Darth Vader
TVC C-3PO
TVC Dengar
CW Pre Vizla
CW Aurra Sing
CW Mandalorian Officer
Snowspeeder x2
Cloud Car

It was nice to finally be buying some new SW product, as I've bought next to nothing so far in 2010.  I think both lines (TVC and CW) are really looking great for this year, although I hope the $9.99 price doesn't continue (although the TRU sale helped offset most of this stuff a bit).

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #23 on: July 7, 2010, 12:13 AM »
I saw all of these tonight at TRU, however, they were 11.94 in White Plains NY!  For some reason this TRU has really jacked up prices.  I almost bought my son a 9.99 Lego set, but we didn't feel like waiting in line.  Later, we got the set for 7.99 at another TRU. 
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 7, 2010, 11:28 PM »
FINALLY found remnants of TVC Wave 1 tonight at one of the outlying TRU's here. I managed to score Dengar, Cloud Car Pilot, AT-At Commander, and 4-LOM. Everyone else was gone.

They also had at least 2-3 Cloud Cars and Snowspeeders on the shelves. I had to draw the line somewhere though.

I have to say, I was kinda on the fence about whether to take the plunge on the vintage relaunch, not having been a big Legacy fan, but after seeing them on the pegs tonight it was no contest. These things are just too freaking cool to pass up.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2010, 07:58 AM »
I saw all of these tonight at TRU, however, they were 11.94 in White Plains NY!  For some reason this TRU has really jacked up prices. 

I hope they have enough feather dusters in that store.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2010, 11:13 AM »
Picked up a MIB Cloud Car to replace the damaged one I got from TRU.com this morning.
Peter

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2010, 03:05 AM »
Picked up the TVC collection wave 1 figures I wanted from a local K-Mart here down under.

Another retailer was selling CW and TLC figures for $8.46 each so K-Mart price matched,interestingly TRU here is sticking to the 'street date' BS whilst K-Mart have no such policy.

A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2010, 09:37 AM »
They have K-Marts in Australia?!? Wow, they can barely keep them afloat here.

Any signs of Jodo Kast?

Offline morrison2951

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2010, 10:30 AM »
TRU here in NC has yet to relase the vintage figures as of this week.  Guess we'll have to wait until next month.