Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 303443 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #285 on: March 5, 2011, 04:30 PM »
Not quite as nice as DP's score, but I managed another AT-AT @ $49 this morning a WM.  Last one left and shelf sticker still read $99whateverish, but it scanned at a decent price.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 10, 2011, 09:23 AM »
Fi-Ek-Sirch and Weequay Skiff dude are now mine, courtesy of TRU amazingly enough. Their stuff is not cheap but now I can forget about this line again until the next wave hits. Super-psyched for Fordo!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 20, 2011, 08:56 AM »
Begrudgingly picked up another set of the Endor Pilot packs. At least had a coupon, but, geeze, these are the first figures I bought in quite a while. I'm going out every day and am not finding anything. Still need Han and Luke from Wave 5, most of wave 4 and wound up ordering wave 6 on-line. The most frustrating thins is that the pegs are nearly empty everywhere I go, but obviously, the stores "mins" are set to one case.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 20, 2011, 08:15 PM »
Yeah, other than one sighting of Wave 5 in January, I haven't seen anything since the ROTJ wave hit around Thanksgiving. And even then that was one shipment. Nothing since then.

I'm getting kind of worried because the last time I went this long without seeing anything new was back in 2002/2003... when stores cut the line down to 4 pegs and didn't restock anything for months... kinda like what I'm seeing in stores now. Legends and Clone Wars have 4 pegs and Vintage has 4 pegs... yet the only Vintage figures available are 2-3 4-LOMs, 2-3 Sandtroopers and a lone Anakin and lone Obi-Wan. Clone Wars/Legends isn't much better.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #289 on: March 20, 2011, 08:43 PM »
In a way I'm concrened as well...but somehow I think everything will show.  Yes, 2002/2003 was a huge drag, but I didn't miss any waves. They eventually shipped all at once.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #290 on: March 21, 2011, 05:04 AM »
Some recent purchases and things I've gotten...

I got Wave 5 Luke, a couple Endor Rebels from what appeared to be Wave 3 restocking, and I ordered some stuff from Shop Star Wars.com (Fleet Trooper 1/6 Figure, and some Kitchen junk).

In my area in general, WM gets stuff in but it's hit and miss, and varies greatly as to which cases/assortments they're getting.  Target is a wasteland.  K-Mart is hit and miss as well (some getting things in, others not getting anything at all.  It's odd.), and Toys R Us can kiss my grits.  I refuse to shop with them unless it's some kind of sale price or an exclusive I have to have.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #291 on: March 21, 2011, 12:05 PM »
In the last 2 weeks I acquired:

x2 Cases of Wave 6
x34 VC45 AOTC Clonetrooper
x2 AT-RT Drivers

All were acquired by BBTS, Brian's toys and eBay seller. I paid about $50 more overall than I would have but given the slow retail shipments, number of single clones I need to replace and gas prices it was so worth it! It was also cheaper, less stressful and less time to boot.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 02:28 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 21, 2011, 02:46 PM »

Pics or it didn't happen. Seriously, that should be one awesome looking clone army. Especially with those sweet new weapons.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 21, 2011, 03:02 PM »

Pics or it didn't happen. Seriously, that should be one awesome looking clone army. Especially with those sweet new weapons.

It definitely happened.  I'd bet my Bears tickets on it.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #294 on: March 21, 2011, 03:04 PM »

It's real, I do not talk unless I back it up. I have 13 in hand the rest will be here in two days. I will take pics by Thursday to prove the score. I sold a lot of my old clones and found someone that supplied them at a good price and quantity. I am going as far as throwing the Hawkbat ponchos over them to make my collection consistent.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 21, 2011, 04:15 PM »

It's real, I do not talk unless I back it up. I have 13 in hand the rest will be here in two days. I will take pics by Thursday to prove the score. I sold a lot of my old clones and found someone that supplied them at a good price and quantity. I am going as far as throwing the Hawkbat ponchos over them to make my collection consistent.

Haha, I believed you, and I'm kinda envious. I eagerly await your next collection update. What's the total number that you're shooting for with the new clones?

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #296 on: March 21, 2011, 05:04 PM »
Haha, I believed you, and I'm kinda envious. I eagerly await your next collection update. What's the total number that you're shooting for with the new clones?

All good my man, I do not like liars so I am very ready to pony up evidence. I will shoot pics of what I got on hand then add more once I get/open the rest. I already have them in 3 shelves set up with them, some of them were given pauldrens, backpacks and other weapons to mix them up, they look great. I even passed along the new DC-15 to Commanders to get them more in consistent line with the new clone. I love this figure, I want at least 60 but need about 45 ASAP to cover what I have sold. (I have some Skeleton Crew in my vehicles) This is one figure I will invest in, heck even my little girl loves him, she is getting into my room so it makes this more of a fun hobby. Once good thing about clones in general they retain their value. I am selling my old ones at close to old retail, so the bulk is inflation cost for my army upgrade, it makes it less painful. I have used this strategy for the AT-AT's BMF and other vehicles.

It was nice to go through my collection to really upgrade stuff, I even swapped heads with the ROTS Senate guards. I will have some pics tonight including a modified SS Luke (I physically merged the Legacy SS Luke with the Dagobah Landing for a screen accurate version. It stinks retail is so slow with this stuff.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #297 on: March 22, 2011, 01:00 AM »
As promised here are some pics of my bakers dozen in action with more shots to come once the reinforcements arrives. (I Have 14 on hand with 1 packaged and 22 on the way). I also included some shots of my modified/corrected Snowspeeder Luke, Snowspeeder Wedge (I used the CP Steakhouse Waiter Wedge Head, fits great!) and Senate Guards with the ROTS style head for your enjoyment.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 01:09 AM by JACKOFTRADZE »

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 22, 2011, 11:30 AM »
Awesome setups JoT. Be sure to update when your other twenty or so clones join the battle. Hasbro can't repaint/update this clone fast enough. At least they invested in ARC gear early on, so hopefully we'll get a basic blue ARC within a year or two.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 22, 2011, 11:36 AM »
My God, I wish the Vintage Phase 2 clone looked that good.

What a royal letdown by Hasbro... I know I'm sounding like a broken record, but this whole ordeal pisses me right off.