Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 303356 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #315 on: March 24, 2011, 04:38 PM »
Slowly but surely. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 25, 2011, 11:10 PM »
Well - I stumbled one what appeared to be two cases of wave 6 - I really only needed one more AT-RT driver, and thankfully, there was one there on a really banged up card (which is why I think it was left).

I decided to also pick up the two Blue Senate Guards that were left behind - figure that I might as well put a few in my EP1 display case around Chancellor Valorum - I now have six of those guys - so I'm done with that figure.

I also snagged both of the Stormtroopers just to bring my count of them up to six and be "done" with that one as well.

Now I just need my HTS order with 2 more AT-RT drivers and 2 more AOTC Clonetroopers to arrive and I'll be at six of each of them and for the most part be done with Vintage until Wave 7 starts to ship.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 27, 2011, 09:05 AM »
Received my wave 5 Luke, Han and pair of stormtroopers from HTS yesterday. All were unpunched, but all the cards were warped. With the exception of a few more Stormies, I' done with wave 5 finally. Still need about half of wave 4.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 09:06 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 27, 2011, 04:40 PM »
Found 4 cases of Wave 6 at Walmart.  I have numerous Targets and Walmarts where I live.  Of the last 4 waves, here's what I found at brick and mortar stores:

Wave 3: 4 cases at 1 Walmart store
Wave 4: 8 cases at 1 Target store
Wave 5: 4 cases at 1 Walmart store
Wave 6: 4 cases at 1 Walmart store

I have seen many waves be completely absent from some Walmarts and some Targets entirely.  But today I scored.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 27, 2011, 10:27 PM »
I haven't really been keeping track of what is in what wave since I've had such lousy luck lately, but today I hit pay dirt at a grocery store that has Vintage selling for $7.99, plus had 25% off action figures.  So I got each of these for $5.99:

Weequay - I like him.  Cool head.

General Lando - Pretty cool, but that soft goods cape is a piece of ****.  I swapped it for the plastic cape from the earlier release (can't even remember which line that was in...OTC?) and it looks pretty good.

Dagobah Luke - Holy crap, this might be my favorite figure ever.  It's amazing.  FINALLY a perfect Luke likeness.  Such a cool figure, I love it.

Fi-Ek Sirch - He's quite an upgrade from the AOTC statute.  Nice fabric for the robe and great detail on the head.

Peasant Anakin - Mmmm...not quite as good as I'd hoped, but not bad.

Mace Windu - Mmmm...not quite as good as I'd hoped either, but still better than any other Maces released to date.

Zam Wessel - Really nice surprise.  Chock full of accessories and detail.  Stunning paint job on mine for once.

Rebel Commando - I'd been passing on this guy forever, but for $5.99 he was worth it.  I wish I didn't already have 20 Endor troops from various releases so I could just stalk up on this version.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline ysalamir

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 27, 2011, 10:52 PM »
In the last 2 weeks I found Weequay, Kit Fisto, Padme, and finally Zam Wesell (she's been tough to track down.
I missed most of Wave 3, so I've been trying to play catch up. I managed to find R2 because he's been re-issued. Thank goodness I found Wooof, he's a must have, and Admiral Ackbar. Guess I'll be waiting for the Gamorean Guard to be re-issued. He's so high demand and pricey on the secondary market, I'm just going to be patient till he comes out again along with the Ewok.

The only other must have is Fi-Eck Sirch. I suspect he won't be too hard to find lately as that wave is just now hitting around here.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 29, 2011, 09:04 AM »
Picked up three Strormtroopers from three wave 5 cases yesterday. In an actually retail store!
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Aucassin

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 30, 2011, 03:09 AM »
Last night I was able to find 2 Utapau clones, 3 AotC clones and Senate Guard (second card version) between two Walmarts. I thought it was odd that the first WM only had the 2 Utapau clones and nothing else new. I also happened to find a receipt from a few months ago when I found a silver foil Anakin, 2 Magna Guards, Commander Cody and General Grievous: Five figures for $33 after tax. Total from last night: $60.  :(
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 03:10 AM by Aucassin »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 30, 2011, 08:55 AM »
Received my EE Wave 6 order. Nice figures in this wave.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 1, 2011, 08:53 AM »
More retail luck, found my last Stormtrooper.

Offline snakeeyes0217

• Youngling
  • Jedi Ninja
    • View Profile
    • Insidious Customs - Action Figure Art
« Reply #325 on: April 1, 2011, 04:18 PM »
Addison, IL

Walmart

Remnants only...found a cache of Stormtroopers but only picked up the one that didn't have a yellow helmet. Also got the AT-RT, Senate Guard, and 212 Bat Clone.
Check out my custom action figures! http://www.insidiouscustoms.blogspot.com

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 2, 2011, 10:26 PM »
Received my order of Wave 6 from HTS today - I'm now officially done with Wave 6 - I keep hoping that Wave 5 will come back in stock or I'll find it at a Target or TRU...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #327 on: April 3, 2011, 01:05 PM »
Received my order of Wave 6 from HTS today - I'm now officially done with Wave 6 - I keep hoping that Wave 5 will come back in stock or I'll find it at a Target or TRU...

I finally saw some Wave 5 in a Target. Got Death Star Escape Luke, R5-D4 and Yoda. I stocked up during K-Mart's buy-one, get-one-free sale in November, so these will only cost $4.50 which, for reworks, is fine by me.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 3, 2011, 07:00 PM »

I finally saw some Wave 5 in a Target. Got Death Star Escape Luke, R5-D4 and Yoda. I stocked up during K-Mart's buy-one, get-one-free sale in November, so these will only cost $4.50 which, for reworks, is fine by me.

That's just like stealing!  :o  (I'm kidding...but I didn't know any store's receipts lasted that long.)

I finally refound Ackbar at a Meijer, and bought him. They had another one without spots on his head and left arm. Finally saw sail barge R2, too. But cannot bring myself to spend $8 on him.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #329 on: April 5, 2011, 05:19 PM »
I got my Hasbro TOy Shop Order yesterday...

Mine came Fed-Ex in a box, and required a signature.  First time this ever happened with a HTS order.  I'm surprised, given people receiving stuff in mailer envelopes lately.

Anyway, got an extra Anakin Peasant, 2 Senate Guards, 2 Endor Rebels, and 2 old comic packs I wanted extras of.

All in all, a nice inexpensive purchase of some extras.  I was pleased with that, and they're the only things I've bought lately.  Not much around here to buy.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77