Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 303367 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #345 on: April 18, 2011, 08:23 PM »
Yeah, I agree with you Jesse.

When vintage gets stocked here, most figures from the case tend to sell pretty well - but when there are carry forwards and repacks priced a couple bucks higher than the other lines, those figures just hang there.  Just doesn't seem like Hasbro managed the figure selection that well unfortunately... which is such a bummer because there are some awesome figures in vintage but certain ones seem to be really holding it back.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #346 on: April 18, 2011, 08:45 PM »
Part of the problem too, and to Hasbro's credit, is that the whole "Vintage" thing is also an effort where they're trying to entice carded guys with those repacks...  They're probably thinking that's something some collectors would want, and that if they didn't put in that Super Battledroid or 4-LOM or something, and get them on a vintage card, that people would've bitched...

It's worked out poorly with certain figures, but ultimately it's also a little bit of a new experiment.  And at the same time they don't want to limit Legends and what Legends has/gets since that's kid-focused and all...  It's definitely backfired on one figure though, the Phase 2 Clone, and that's one I think everyone would gladly see gone from case packs that aren't already set in stone.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 19, 2011, 09:32 AM »
Since Christmas, my main Super Target started off with about 9 ROTS clones and 1-2 Dengars, and 1-2 4-LOM's.  This has finally been whittled down to 2 ROTS clones and 1 4-LOM.  That few of figures on the pegs, 3 figures for 8 pegs planned, and there has not been one single case sent to replenish...   ::)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 19, 2011, 09:59 AM »
That is why you need to put them all on one peg at the bottom. Go there everyday and keep it that way. It will get their attention to restock.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: April 19, 2011, 10:19 AM »
Oh ive been doing that for a couple of months.
They will just spread them back out by teh very next day, every store, yet they still allocate 8 or ten pegs to vintage yet NEVER order any.  I mean teh head corporate offices of target and Wal mart have set aside that many pegs for a reason, either the regional ordering folks or Hasbro are dropping teh ball on keeping that 8-10 peg allocated space filled for some reason

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: April 19, 2011, 10:29 AM »
That is why you need to put them all on one peg at the bottom. Go there everyday and keep it that way. It will get their attention to restock.

Oh I have been ever since we started discussing doing that since like a month ago - still no progress.  7 empty pegs - 1 with 3 figures on it.  I come back within a couple days - some times the very next day, they are spread back out.  rinse repeat, rinse repeat.

just looked in the other thread where I posted - I have been reducing the figures down to one peg since 3/24
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 10:33 AM by shmashwitdaclub »

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #351 on: April 19, 2011, 11:14 AM »
7 empty pegs - 1 with 3 figures on it. 

This is where I remind everyone that probably 90% of Target stores are on an automated order system.  When the number of figures drops below X, the system auto-orders a case for that store.  When you have a low number of figures for months and months, to get any results you really need to speak with a manager.  A manager can look into the problem and figure out why your store has had only three figures for months.

There could be an inventory error at your store.  If a case was lost off the truck or some figures went "missing" along the way (like when a cashier has to manually enter a price since the UPC wasn't scanning) or maybe a shoplifter came through, the Target inventory order system may think that the store has more figures than the order threshold (usually 6 figures at most small stores this time of year) even if they don't have that many.

In other words, let's say that your Target store minimum is 6 figures to trigger a re-order, but your store 'thinks' it has 8 figures in inventory for whatever reason.  Even if there are only 3 on the pegs you will NEVER get a new case at that store until you have the manager look into it and fix the inventory error to get rid of those "extra" five that the store 'thinks' it has on hand. 

If there is nothing in the back for them to bring out, putting them all on one peg doesn't really do anything but create work for the guy/gal who has to put them all back.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #352 on: April 19, 2011, 04:08 PM »
I'll second what Jeff said.

You can get that kid's attention who is making minimum wage, by taking time out of your day to move everything to one peg, but at the end of the day he'll just move it back because that's his job.

Personally I think Target's on the verge of getting new stuff because I think they're on the verge of an aisle reset here soon...  Just a guess, but sales sometimes indicate that, plus we're approaching Summer, and a reset usually accompanies that at Target, if I'm not mistaken.  Right now I think they've just got their minimums to their minimum for one reason or another though, and that they'll get changed soon.  It's possible the number of Vintage pegs could get cut a bit though, if there is indeed a reset coming along.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: April 19, 2011, 05:00 PM »
Captain America looks like he will be hitting the pegs in about a month - hopefully he will shake things up in the toy aisle.  Hopefully it will not take another month of waiting though either...

I am all caught up atm anyway - just would be nice to have other sources to rely on.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 19, 2011, 09:27 PM »
Picked up my tvc AT-AT Commander, at last.
Bought at Wong in Lima for 34.95 soles, nearly 10 dollars.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: April 20, 2011, 06:59 PM »
Well Jeff and Jesse I took your advice today and pulled an employee aside and him scan the pegs to initiate the conversation - it had been a while since I had someone scan the pegs.  So he scanned it and said there were none in the back.  I then said it had been months since the store had received any new product.  I asked him how many the scanner said the store had on hand to check for theft and a inaccurate product count - he said there were only two - and he was right, the 4-LOM was gone.

I then asked him what he could do about ordering more product - he said there is nothing that could be done because it is all automated.  I kept pushing the issue and he said he would check with the department manager.  Sure enough as I was walking away he paged him, I heard a response and I knew he was asking the toy department manager about it (the toy dept/area manager is someone I used to know a bit way back when).  I would have stayed around to hassle him - but I have done that with him way too much lately about the MU line.     ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #356 on: April 20, 2011, 08:18 PM »
Hopefully your store changes...  Part of me really wonders if they're just not waiting for a reset though and SW is losing some real estate.   :-\  I just wouldn't be surprised if that's the case, at this point I guess.  Target's exactly the same here though right now and it seems like a pretty national issue, not just a localized thing for folks.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 20, 2011, 09:37 PM »
He can change his "mins" from the scanner. That's part of their main function.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #358 on: April 20, 2011, 11:40 PM »
Let's see...I've bought nothing, nothing and nothing.

Then I finally found some nothing at Target, and the I scored some nothing at Wal-Mart!

Nothing is the best figure in ages.

Nothing is kind of lame, but I like the weapons.

I stumbled upon a few nothings at TRU, but I don't buy repacks.

I can't wait to get out on Friday because I called the local Mom and Pop shop and they said that they would totally have nothing!!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #359 on: April 21, 2011, 12:05 AM »
Technically, you can get nothing at any store you go to.  Good luck!  Wait'll you get into army building nothing.