Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 304762 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #495 on: August 31, 2011, 11:39 PM »
I'd seen a lot for a while, then nothing...  They sold through pretty well, though at one point there were a ton out this way.  That first wave of new and regressed Legends figures hit hard.  Most are still now chilling but the Legends Spacetrooper is a seller.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Fettman7

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 2, 2011, 11:49 PM »
Hi, just new to the forums. I guess the target  star wars displays are coming down in some stores to make way for nerf. And the clon wars sale ends this weekend. :-[

Offline DarthBinge

• Youngling
  • I am Sith.
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 2, 2011, 11:51 PM »
The displays are already coming down? That sucks!

Offline DarthBinge

• Youngling
  • I am Sith.
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 2, 2011, 11:55 PM »
My Walmart remolded this summer for over 3 months. While this happened they misplaced 150 vintage figures. Since they have not sold any they are not receiving any new ones. They have found them but won't get them down until they complete inventory. Very frustrating!

Offline DarthBinge

• Youngling
  • I am Sith.
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 2, 2011, 11:57 PM »
Has anyone ever seen Wedge at a retail store?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #500 on: September 3, 2011, 12:00 AM »
There have been reports...  People have found him, but not much.  That Wave 3 revision didn't even ship very much when it did ship, it seems.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: September 3, 2011, 09:14 PM »
It's great to have that Facebook TRU 20% off coupon and get the Force Unleashed pack at TRU...oh, wait...that didn't happen, because they didn't have it or the Commando set in stock (or perhaps just not out). So finding nothing else (besides common stuff the coupon would lower to other stores' regular prices) I leave with nothing, the coupon in a cart for someone to find. Thanks, Toy R Useless. Thanks a lot.  ::)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: September 5, 2011, 11:11 AM »
Hi, just new to the forums. I guess the target  star wars displays are coming down in some stores to make way for nerf. And the clon wars sale ends this weekend. :-[

And, as is the case with TRU's front of store display, my Target put absolutely nothing out on this special display for the entirety (3 weeks) of its existence.  They just moved a couple of Dengars over from the regular section to the four vintage pegs (1 on each peg) and called it a day.  So I can't say I'm disappointed that the display is disappearing so soon, since nothing was even done to it outside of some product relocation to begin with.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 6, 2011, 11:51 PM »
Saw and brought for the first time the ARC trooper. Cool figure. They also had Logray and about a three dozen clone troopers.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: September 8, 2011, 07:40 PM »
I hate TRU so, so much.

Had a Reward Zone coupon for 20% off and decided to stop by at a further away TRU near the northside mall. They've closed down since the last time I was there in late July. OK then, back to the crappy TRU near my house that never has anything. They had the giant front of store display FULL of Star Wars stuff, with remnants of new Clone Wars figures and everything from Waves 3-7 (except Wave 4, which I STILL have never seen at retail). Of course all the good stuff was gone (Gamorreans and such) and I contemplated buying the Dagobah Landing Luke I still need but I just couldn't bite the bullet. I was upset at TRU obviously not putting out cases of figures for the last year and decided I'd rather save my cash.

BTW I knew this stuff was old because there were MOUNTAINS of red/white Legacy battle packs and that big $70 Y-Wing.

/rant
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 9, 2011, 11:12 AM »
Yeah, I hate TRU with a passion right now as well. Their DC is badly neglecting the local stores here. Our closest store still has the 2 CARS 4-way stackers up in front of the massive CLone Wars display. It's been 2 weeks now, they are just desolate.

I did see the Yavin sled for the first time today, but not part of my focus.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: September 9, 2011, 01:16 PM »
I havnt seen a current figure at TRU since the Vintage launch
Why are these retailers just REFUSING to stock or order vintage AT ALL, its all of them, and they will not budge on even poutting out one case for ging on the second year now.
Ive seen Q&A questions and hasbro only say they are working n it but nothing ever improves and changes, there are still white clones and wave 1 crap leftovers sitting gathering dust, and no retailer anywhere I can go will order so much as one cas and put it out, I mean if you arent gonna carry teh line just DONT CARRY IT, why pretend to carry it but NEVER order or stock ANTHING for this long?
Hell from a corporate stand point its wa waste of shelf spaca having all those empty pegs sticking out for pver a year with the Vintage figures and there was nearly aas bad a situation with teh last half dozen waves of legacy. Hasbro should peg case sales of the different line, not ship the retailers ANY clone wars or legends cases unless they also order one case of Vintage. This isnt som isolated collecter niche prolblem EVERYONE wants the vintage figure and Hasbro and the retailers and just tone deaf to it, and we have even told them in Q& A so they KNOW We want them, why cant they get their crap together? IS IT MARKETING PEOPLE TRYING ON PRUPOSE TO BUILD EXCLUSIVITY? BEACUE THEY ARE RUINING THE HOBBY FOR MANY OF US WHO HAVE BEEN IN IT FOR 30 YEARS JUST TO PROVE SOME POINT THAT WE ARENT EVEN SEEING

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #507 on: September 9, 2011, 01:51 PM »
As I've said before, retailers not ordering isn't Hasbro's fault...  If they say they're "working on it", I believe them, but they're probably workign on it by trying different case assortments in the future.

Right now retailers are weird...  I see new, steadily, but not a lot at once.  It's a case here and a case there, which it's been that way in my area since before last Christmas.  I've seen every wave so far, some a lot, but some I've only seen a couple times.  It's odd, but Hasbro cannot make retail order what retail doesn't want.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #508 on: September 10, 2011, 02:14 AM »
Hoth Reb 3-Pack at Target, and a Bossk/IG88/Snowtrooper one too.  The $6/per is a steal for custom fodder and army builders.  That IG-88 looks like a better paintjob too, to me.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 11, 2011, 07:50 PM »
Got General Calrissian from TRU, vintage sale $7. Cuz there wasn't much to choose from.

Have to say, if I had it to do over again...I'd leave him on the pegs. Just not an especially good figure. On paper it's great, in reality...Groucho Marx eyebrows, the cape scaled for a 5" Batman figure, the elbows designed so he cannot come close to reaching his holster with his right hand. The "big bonus" articulation, ball jointed calves that just make getting him in sitting pose awkward, unless he's mounted on a horse, which I think Hasbro thinks he rode one, based on the POTF2 version.