Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 303350 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #525 on: October 13, 2011, 04:35 PM »
I grabbed Bastilla, Ponda, Echo Base Soldier, and an extra RFT from Mishawaka Target today 

Today is kinda "Star Wars Day" for me because of a couple of things: finding the above mentioned figures, I am pretty sure tonight new figures are being shown at NYCC, and my beta invite for SWTOR starts tonight!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: October 16, 2011, 04:17 PM »
Found more or less all of Wave 9 at 2 different Walmarts, picked up Bastila Shan, Ponda Baba, and the Hoth Trooper. Both stores had warped cards, boo.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: October 19, 2011, 12:00 PM »
Mega-load!

Spotted the Search for Luke Skywalker, new vinty-boxed Taun-Taun, and new vinty-boxed Landspeeder all at the same Target on an endcap. They had at least 2-3 of each, but regretfully I did not verify the pricing. (sorry)

Not interested in any of them but I did let another local guy know who is keen to pick these up so if I get more info I will post.

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: October 19, 2011, 12:02 PM »
$24.99
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: October 20, 2011, 11:42 AM »
Here's what I picked up today:

2x Vintage Package Luke's Tauntaun
2x Vintage Package Luke's Landspeeder
3x Search for Luke Skywalker Battlepack

Expensive day, but glad to have these scratched off the list...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #530 on: October 20, 2011, 12:22 PM »
Nice haul today:

1x Vintage Package Luke's Tauntaun
1x Vintage Package Luke's Landspeeder
2x Search for Luke Skywalker Battlepack
TRU DS Trench Set (with $10 off coupon)
Hoth Deck Officer and Fleet trooper (WM)

I used the DCPI's at Target. FYI - The LS and Luke TT are 1 per case, 2 per case for the Han TT sets.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 12:28 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: October 21, 2011, 01:00 AM »
My Wave 8 and Wave 8 Rev 1 cases arrived from EE today.

And as a carded completist, I am super glad I ordered these.

Between these two cases and the Wave 9 case I ordered, I was able to acquire a set of 12 "Revenge" Variants - the exact same 12 that were in the SDCC Death Star 2 exclusive set - and yes, the Endor Rebel is the Black-skinned head variant.

As I guessed, I also got "Return" cardback versions of Slave Leia, Endor Han, TIE Pilot and B-Wing Pilot. So if you want to collect only "Return of the Jedi" carded versions of these four figures you can.

As an added surprise, in the cases, there was also "Return" versions of Darth Vader, Boba Fett and the Stormtrooper - all of which originally came out (in this round of the Vintage line) on ESB cardbacks. So those were worth keeping as well.

Lastly, I had anticipated getting the ARC Trooper Commander and two more Rebel Fleet Troopers as a result of the three cases, so I planned accordingly when army-building both of those as well.

The remaining figures were un-changed from their original releases, so out of the three cases, I was able to "use" in my collection a total of 25 figures out of 36. While not exactly a very high-percentage, it does take the "sting" out of making this decision to purchase all three waves by-the-case, especially since I also ended up with all 22 figures on pristine un-punched cardbacks.

So if you're (nuts) like me and are tired of the lack of Vintage figures on the pegs, buying all three cases from EE, may be a good investment...

Sorry if this is old news, I hadn't seen any (a) confirmations of the Black Endor Rebel in these cases; or (b) reports/confirmations of the existence of "Return of the Jedi" versions of those seven figures, so I thought I would share.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #532 on: October 21, 2011, 01:06 AM »
Pete - can you tell me which case had "Revenge" Endor Han and which had "Return" Endor Han?  I'd like to get the "Revenge" variant for my carded Han wall and if he's in the same case as the black Endor Rebel, I may just pre-order that case to avoid the hassle of retail...  Thanks!
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: October 21, 2011, 01:21 AM »
Pete - can you tell me which case had "Revenge" Endor Han and which had "Return" Endor Han?  I'd like to get the "Revenge" variant for my carded Han wall and if he's in the same case as the black Endor Rebel, I may just pre-order that case to avoid the hassle of retail...  Thanks!

Crap - I'm sorry I can't, my bad, I didn't even think to keep track of which figure "Revenge" or "Return" came from which case, initially I was expecting to pull "Revenge" versions of Han out of both cases, so when there was actual "Return" versions of Han, Leia, the TIE and B-Wing Pilots, I was shocked.

Peter

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #534 on: October 21, 2011, 11:11 PM »
I saw remnants of Wave 9 today (no Ponda, Hoth Trooper, or Bastilla) though did I pick up my first Rebel Fleet Trooper. :) That was the first new stuff I have personally seen since bit of Wave 6.
"This is the way."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: October 22, 2011, 09:56 AM »
Picked up the Search for Luke set. Feels like the first new thing I picked up in ages.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Siths Herald

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sith Happens.
    • View Profile
    • The Minnesota Force
« Reply #536 on: October 27, 2011, 09:00 AM »
O found a Ponda Baba and Hoth Rebel Trooper yesterday.  I open everything, so this is kind of a stupid comment, but I am disappointed that they don't seem to be keeping with the theme of using the original Kenner artwork on the Vintage Cards, for figures that were released in the 80s.  I guess the HRT is the version from inside Echo base rather than out on the battlefield, by why change the image on the Walrusman card?
The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: October 27, 2011, 01:06 PM »
Not a purchase but a find...

My local WalMart was clogged with the ROTS White Clonetrooper and the Sandtrooper for the longest time. Then when it was discovered that Hasbro was pulling figures and sending them back, the pegs one day were cleared, except for two AOTC Obi-Wan figures (they should have included that turd in the recall, but I digress)...

So anyway for about two months now, this WalMart has had NOTHING except for the two lone Obi-Wan figures.

Today, when I rounded the corner, I saw the pegs FULLY stocked with Vintage figures. Still needing some Echo Base Hoth Troopers, I was excited.

My excitment was quickly dashed when I discovered that the pegs were chock full of Wave 6. Wave 6!!!!!! Seriously?!?!

To make matters worse, there were so many cases, the employee who stocked the pegs, couldn't fit them all, so almost an entire case, was just stacked on the shelf below the pegs. I would estimate that the store got in anywhere from five to six cases of Wave 6.

Hasbro's really got their hands around that distribution problem!  ::)
Peter

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #538 on: October 27, 2011, 06:03 PM »
Is that really Hasbro though?  Unless they sent those all out recently I guess.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: October 27, 2011, 07:00 PM »
Is that really Hasbro though?  Unless they sent those all out recently I guess.

You're right, perhaps it's WalMart's fault as well, but at this point, I would think the last thing EITHER company would want is a glut of figures from a wave that has been out for over six months.

It's just frustrating, to have waited for so long for this store to finally get SOMETHING only to have it be an old wave.

Peter