Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 303436 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #720 on: February 24, 2012, 05:42 PM »
Picked up the following at Wal-Mart all for $4.00 each:
x1 Blue Ray Luke
x1 Blue Ray Leia
x1 Blue Ray Lando
x1 Blue Ray Cracken
x1 Blue Ray Mon Cal
x1 TPM BD
x1 TPM Naboo Guard
x2 Endor Rebels (They were the key to my $4.00 mega haul!)
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #721 on: February 24, 2012, 05:59 PM »
:(

JACK, if you find anything that sweet again and find some McCrackens you don't want, hit me up.  I really need a few of him!  That's a sweet deal!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: February 24, 2012, 07:10 PM »
Nice score, Jack!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #723 on: February 25, 2012, 02:52 AM »
Following Jack's lucky $4 Delete Scene score, I went out to four Wal-Marts tonight. I wasn't able to find any new figures but I did manage to find two Rebel Fleet Troopers for $4 each. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: February 25, 2012, 04:05 AM »
The only newer Vintage figures that my three local Wal-Marts have are TPM Obi-Wans and a Dofine... they all rang up at $8.96. Safe to say everyone is jealous of Jack right now? ;)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: February 25, 2012, 06:45 AM »
I went out to four Wal-Marts tonight. I wasn't able to find any new figures.

That in itself is crazy.

Nobody should be able to go to four different Walmart stores and find nothing new.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #726 on: February 25, 2012, 08:55 PM »
I went to one WM and it's about the same...  Battledroids, Dofines, and Obi/Qui Gon, and all full price.  That's all there is at any store near me anymore, though I'm seeing more DTF figures now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #727 on: February 26, 2012, 01:29 AM »
I went out to four Wal-Marts tonight. I wasn't able to find any new figures.

That in itself is crazy.

Nobody should be able to go to four different Walmart stores and find nothing new.

Well there was TPM stuff on the shelves it has just been there for a month or so, I wasn't counting it as 'new'. I still have yet to see a 'Vintage' Maul though. And in all fairness, the Denver area has been **** for toys for at least a year and a half. Which makes it all the more crazy what happened to me today.

My girlfriend found all of Wave 11 for me today, after a price adjustment they only rang up at $4 a pop.

When I was back tonight getting the price adjusted, I stopped by the SW section to see if anything else had turned up that day or if there were any army builders worth buying. I grabbed two Endor Rebels and two Naboo troopers, the Endor Rebels came up at $4 each and the Naboo guys came up at full price. So I asked the clerk why the other ones weren't $4 and she didn't understand either. By this time a line was starting to form behind me while she was waiting on her CSM to help her out. The CSM came over and said that I could have all of them for $4 each and walked away. So the cahier continued to ring them up and the total came up to $19 or something, then she all of a sudden said, "Wait, I did that wrong. I rang two up at $5." So she preceded to start voiding them, somehow she ended up taking off all the two $4 figures and the total for all four figures came up to $10 even before tax. She gave me the new total, and I asked if she rang them all up. She said, "Yup, I just voided the other ones." There was a long line behind me and after trying once to do the right thing I was content to walk away with four more figures for $10.80, about the cost of a single figure normally. :)

All told in the last 24 hours I've bought 11 figures for a total of $40.80, including tax. :)

Mon Cal Pilot
General Cracken
Sandstorm Lando
Sandstorm Leia
Jedi Luke'
Two Endor Rebels
Two Rebel Fleet Troopers
Two Naboo Security Troopers

And on top of that my girlfriend's mom bought me another RFT and a Stormtrooper.

All told I've bought at least as many figures at retail in the past 24 hours as I've bought at retail in about the last year... That's pretty crazy.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 01:30 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #728 on: February 26, 2012, 04:46 PM »
That's a deal man.

I got 2 R5-D4's, a Ceremony Han (for the cardback more than anything), and a Sandtrooper for $4 at the only store near me that had old stuff left.  Not a horrid haul for the price...  Ceremony Han still looks like utter **** but he'll go in the fodder bin. :)

The R5's are for some customs I wanna do using the BAD body with that deco.  Fun fun fun! :)

Oh and tons more DTF figures.  Tons.  Every WM I visit put out a ****load of them.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #729 on: February 26, 2012, 05:31 PM »
I think it should be noted that this clearance is NOT including everything as I've seen reported...  It's caused a little confusion among our readers though, but yeah not everything is clearanced everywhere.

I've personally seen all Wave 10 TPM figures for full price...  Some got them for $4 but not everybody.  I've only personally seen anything 2011 and older that is ringing up for $4.

And the Wave 11 Deleted Scene figures are not ringing up at all by most accounts, and are not in the system yet. 

But yeah, not EVERYTHING, or at least not EVERYWHERE, is ringing up for $4 in the vintage collection.  That's not true at all by many accounts I've read.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: February 26, 2012, 06:12 PM »
Sandstorm Leia
Sandstorm Lando
Mon Cal Pilot
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper
Clone Trooper (Utapau)

$4 each.

Anyone wanna refresh my memory how to clean those yellow stormtrooper helmets?

One wal-mart still had 2 At-At Commanders. One had seven R5-D4's, escape Lukes and Ceremony Han's, plus Grees.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #731 on: February 26, 2012, 08:03 PM »
I think it should be noted that this clearance is NOT including everything as I've seen reported...  It's caused a little confusion among our readers though, but yeah not everything is clearanced everywhere.

I've personally seen all Wave 10 TPM figures for full price...  Some got them for $4 but not everybody.  I've only personally seen anything 2011 and older that is ringing up for $4.

And the Wave 11 Deleted Scene figures are not ringing up at all by most accounts, and are not in the system yet. 

But yeah, not EVERYTHING, or at least not EVERYWHERE, is ringing up for $4 in the vintage collection.  That's not true at all by many accounts I've read.

Definitely is the case for me. I've had to sweet talk my way into getting Wave 10 and 11 figures for $4. Really thought they all should be. Wal-Mart does such a bad job of marking them. The VIntage pegs all say $4, but it has the old SKU on it. But then they mix all of the figures, old and new on the pegs.

I added a few more figures today:

Sandstorm Lando $4
Endor Rebel $4
Ackbar $4
EPI Darth Sidious $4
Vintage Darth Maul $9
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #732 on: February 27, 2012, 02:01 AM »
There were a couple methods scockery, but for me the best thign was just pick up some pink erasers (or scarf some from work?) and erase it off.  Works like a charm...  Jeff was the first one to report that method.

Others were using soapy solutions and warm water, and scrubbing it off.  Might want to try that too...  It's just a film so it comes off rather easily actually.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: February 28, 2012, 02:02 PM »
I found the deleted scenes figures (minus Leia) at our local WM this morning.  One of each on the pegs, alongside lots of TPM figures.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: February 29, 2012, 04:46 AM »
Snagged all of the Deleted Scene figures minus Leia during a late-night toy run to Wal-Mart. Of course they didn't scan and of course there were no other old Vintage figures that I could have scanned at a discount, so after an unnecessary ordeal over them not scanning (I did try to tell the manager they were $4, to no avail) I wound up getting them for full price. Wish I could have gotten the discount, but I have 4 of the 5 figures, so that's good enough for me.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks