Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 303351 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #840 on: May 16, 2012, 08:44 PM »
Barriss seems to be very minor paint differences.  I'm not even sure it's as much something they intentionally changed or something that didn't happen just as a production difference with this batch.

Logray's eye stripes seem quite intentional...  Things like the RFT eyes though, or Barriss' paint changes, seem like maybe just things that are different because the figure's production run is a different run.  At least it's a possibility.

The bandana is a distinct change, as is the scar paintjob...  Very intentional for accuracy purposes.

Glad people are seeing stuff.  Be cool for that to happen here.  ::)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: May 16, 2012, 10:21 PM »
The bandana is a distinct change, as is the scar paintjob...  Very intentional for accuracy purposes.

Well, except for the Kithaba variant right?  Based on the picture on the card, the initial red bandana release was the more accurate version...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #842 on: May 16, 2012, 10:48 PM »
I've heard/seen the new color was more correct I thought, and the red is/was more "vintage nostalgia" like blue coat Han?  Not intentional but the bandana was revealed to actually be a dark red-brown color more than the bright red?

I know I saw that somewhere.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: May 16, 2012, 11:23 PM »
I don't know, the picture on the card looks pretty red to me...

From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: May 17, 2012, 07:14 AM »
it is red, but not that red - check him out here:  http://www.skiffguards.com/kithaba.html

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: May 17, 2012, 08:50 AM »
it is red, but not that red - check him out here:  http://www.skiffguards.com/kithaba.html

Agreed, but that still looks more red than brown to me.  Plus the photo on the card looks like a brighter red.  I honestly think Hasbro does this once in a while on purpose to sell more figures.  If they can make completely different chase figures for the Marvel lines, they can surely make an early production paint change to create some rarer Star Wars variations.  If that gets a fair amount of people to buy two versions, why not throw something like that out once in a while?

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: May 17, 2012, 10:18 PM »
It's iffy, they should make an orange variant just to be sure.  :P

Hasbro's new policy: no peg warming bit players because we do running changes that we said we couldn't do a few years ago.

Offline JDH1173

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm not just a member, I'm also the owner!
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: May 17, 2012, 11:16 PM »
Ran by Tuesday Morning and found Slave Leia, Rebel Fleet trooper, Logray and a Yoda today.  At 4.99 apiece not a bad deal.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: May 18, 2012, 07:31 AM »
Ran by Tuesday Morning and found Slave Leia, Rebel Fleet trooper, Logray and a Yoda today.  At 4.99 apiece not a bad deal.

Nice score!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: May 18, 2012, 11:47 AM »
I picked up two Stormies and an RFT from Tuesday Morning. Can pass them up for $5.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: May 18, 2012, 03:15 PM »
I snagged a $2.96 Endor Commando from Target this morning.  Looks like they're not going to take this Tuesday Morning crap sitting down.   ;)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #851 on: May 18, 2012, 11:56 PM »
A Target I went to had tons of the Vinty 3pks for $6.83. A killer deal and worth picking up some for the deco upgrade. They had 5 different sets on hand: the Denger, ANH Obi, Hoth Leia, Vader and Bossk sets. I picked up the Denger set as they painted him much better. I was able to compare with a single carded Denger that's been rotting there forever, big difference.

I also found the legacy BAD Owen and Beru at WM for $4.50 each and a VC45 Clone for $4.00. Packages were smashed but could not pass them up.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #852 on: May 19, 2012, 01:08 AM »
Warehouse finds like that, for cheap, are always great. :)  I love when they go through and find stuff under shelving and whatnot.

Owen and Beru weren't easy gets either...  If you don't want their BAD parts, JACK, I think I knwo someone who wants them to build the figure.  LMK.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #853 on: May 20, 2012, 04:40 PM »
Darby grabbed me a Sandstorm Lando yesterday, then I ran by that same K-Mart today and picked up Luke, the Mon Cal (couldn't resist) and a Walrusman that's been sitting there since before Christmas.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: May 20, 2012, 10:50 PM »
I got an AT-AT at a yard sale for $20.

Really, I did. Missing the driver, the bike and some parts...too many to ever acquire. I got a bonus spider in the cockpit area. Proof they will get into anything.

Oh, and a Clone Wars 501st trooper tossed in...along with 8 loose Iron Man 2 figures...including 3 drones.