Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 303425 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #870 on: May 29, 2012, 09:35 PM »
He's wonderful.  Just exquisite.

You wouldn't fondle anything less.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #871 on: May 30, 2012, 01:18 AM »
Truly.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #872 on: May 30, 2012, 02:42 AM »
I found a Kithba and Bespin Han tonight at Wal-Mart.  A year after the figure debuts and I finally see him on a peg.

Kicking myself because I missed getting a Nom Anor at some point.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: May 30, 2012, 09:09 AM »
Is anyone still finding red headband Kithaba out there?  I'm assuming that ship has sailed...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: May 30, 2012, 12:33 PM »
Picked up my last Imperial Navy Trooper putting wave 3 to bed for me. Also received my Kithaba and Evazan and couldn't be happier, mint figures for retail on e-bay.

I have a theory about the wave 4 variants. I'm wondering if part of the reason the wave got pushed is because of the changes they wanted to make to the figures.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: May 31, 2012, 05:06 PM »
Ordered 4 of the 501st Legion Clone Troopers (VC60) from Amazon when they had them up for sale two days ago.

Got them today - was going to open them all so it didn't really matter that they arrived all pretty smashed. Glad to have the Evazon wave done now...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: June 3, 2012, 10:57 PM »
Was in far southwestern VA for a wedding this weekend. The town I was staying in had one Walmart, no Targets and no TRU. I still managed to pick up another Evazan, Kithaba, and a random General Cracken.

Am i wrong in thinking there is a wave of these shipping without Aayla and Nom Anor? Or are those two ALWAYS packed in with Evazan/Kithaba?

I just find it weird I have found the exact same figures from this wave hanging on the pegs two times now.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: June 5, 2012, 02:33 PM »
Since my walmarts never carried thier Royal Starship droids, I ordered online and picked them up there. How come walmarts get to choose to carry or not carry their own exclusives?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: June 6, 2012, 11:01 AM »
Since my walmarts never carried thier Royal Starship droids, I ordered online and picked them up there. How come walmarts get to choose to carry or not carry their own exclusives?

I wondered that years ago when people in other parts of the country were not only getting Wal-Mart exclusives  that never appeared at any of the 3 locations near me, but even getting them on clearance

I wrote most of them off. I'm not going  to pay more than retail because the NATION'S LARGEST TOY RETAILER won't stock its own exclusives.

The only thing I gave in and bought was the black/red GI JOE MMS from the Rise of Cobra movie line, because I never had the vintage one. Had the local stores stocked it and the sets released with it, I might have bought the other sets, too. 

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: June 6, 2012, 11:04 AM »

The same was true with the Jabba, Oola & Throne set from a year or so ago. NONE of my local WalMarts got that in, I had to drive to other WalMarts that were WAY out of the way just to score that set. It was ridiculous.

I was worried that it was going to be the same thing with the Discover the Force figures, but thankfully, those ended up being everywhere.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: June 6, 2012, 11:43 AM »
Darth Malgus on amazon.com right now for just under $17 shipped from the UK.

I am waiting since he is coming in another case.

update:  the imperial navy commander is up for sale for the same price from the same seller on amazon.com UK

I forgot to post but somehow the other day I lucked into securing myself an Imperial Navy Commander from Amazon.com for $15 and it was eligible for free shipping over $25.  So I also ordered "Furious George" by Michael Rex and some other things I had saved in my cart.
« Last Edit: June 6, 2012, 11:54 AM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: June 6, 2012, 12:01 PM »
How is that even possible? Malgus for $16.53 and Imperial Navy Commander for $16.33 and $0 shipping from the UK?

I'm tempted to pull the trigger and be done with the Imperial Navy Commander - but I'm concerned that they'll just tack on extra $$$ to my order to "fix" the error....
Peter

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: June 6, 2012, 02:33 PM »
Well, I saw that yakface posted about this Malgus on facebook and it looked like people started ordering so I panicked and ordered one too   :)

well, I am caught up and secured and dont need to go to retail for a while now  ;D

and Pete - there were/are no extra hidden fees or charges - order away!

I am reading some of the sellers feedback and most people are saying they are getting there stuff much faster than what the seller's expected arrival date tends to be.  they must put longer dates in for shipping due to the fact they cannot control what customs does or something like that.
« Last Edit: June 6, 2012, 02:38 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: June 6, 2012, 03:03 PM »
Went ahead and did it - ordered 3 Imperial Navy Commanders and another Darth Malgus - with the three I have coming from the Tarkin wave cases/set I'm getting, I'll be in good shape with him...

Gonna have to keep an eye on this guy to see if he sells Shae Vizla or Starkiller - want a couple more of both of them as well - especially since there are like three different ways you can display the new TFU2 Starkiller...
Peter

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: June 6, 2012, 03:09 PM »
now someone at Scum posted about this - lets see how fast they go...

I found some more reviews for this seller - several saying it only takes 6-7 days!  Nice!

and when I said I am all caught up - I mean I am all caught up until the Tarkin wave - which means....  I am not caught up lol.  Oh well, I think they only figure I would be really upset if I didn't get (though I will be trying to get them all of course) would be the Nikto.  He is too cool for school and is from my favorite part of Star Wars.

update:  wow....  I am still surprised these are in stock at 8:30!  makes me wonder and hope I am getting the real deal!
« Last Edit: June 6, 2012, 08:38 PM by shmashwitdaclub »