Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 303300 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #960 on: July 7, 2012, 04:18 PM »
That explans why my TGMax only has 6 Geonosian speeders.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: July 7, 2012, 09:31 PM »
I ordered Evazan, Nikto, Tarkin and Kithaba (not sure which version I'll get, but hope it's red bandana) off of Amazon. 

With the 3 orders, I got Evazan alone and he came in a small cardboard folded box and he was quite protected.  Tarkin, Wedge and Kithaba came in a big box with a bit of packing and there was some creasing on Tarkin.  Kithaba was brown headband variant, so I might send him back.  Nikto was sent separately in a bubble mailer with squished bubble. 3 orders, 3 different results.  I'm an opener so it doesn't matter too much to me, but I do like to have nice cards since I keep them.

« Last Edit: July 7, 2012, 09:32 PM by P-Siddy »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: July 9, 2012, 02:27 AM »
Just broke down and ordered a case of Wave... 4 I guess from HTS. The wave with Hoth Luke, CW Anakin, Vader, Wedge, Kithaba, Evazan, etc. Only $127 after taxes and free shipping, which comes out to $10.64 a figure. This gives me 3 Mauls and DS Lukes, which I guess I can trade off. And I can burn the spare Qui-Gon or something.

This leaves me with only "needing" Tarkin and a few Navy Commandos, which I can hopefully trade some of these extra Deleted Scene figures for.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #963 on: July 9, 2012, 11:23 AM »
Got a few more emails on the TJ Maxx dealies and it seems 2 cases is the norm...  And it's all over the country from west to east.  Also everyone seems to agree that these never got the TRU stickers on them as there's no evidence at all they were there and removed.  There'd have to be a crease or something where they got peeled, but nada.

Kind of odd and those cases must've just gotten overproduced.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: July 9, 2012, 12:59 PM »
I don't agree with that. The one Rebel Transport Speeder I got the other day has sticker residue where the TRU exclusive sticker would be. It's not a lot of residue, but it's there.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #965 on: July 9, 2012, 02:05 PM »
Every person I've talked to on these so far, and it's a lot, haven't reported any residue, any scratches where the stickers normally are...  And it's been a lot of people.  There should be some kind of mark I'd think even if only a little bit.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: July 9, 2012, 02:35 PM »
Managed to score Darth Malgus and The Imperial Navy Commander at a TRU store this afternoon.  AND there must be some kind of promo going on, because they both rang up at $7.00 each.  VERY NICE!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #967 on: July 9, 2012, 06:46 PM »
I found the new 3 packs (Bespin and Duel of Fates)  I thought that I would dig their retro-ish sculpts, but just found them to be dull.  I passed on them.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: July 9, 2012, 10:58 PM »
Thanks to the $7 special on all Star Wars figures at TRU, I was able to reduce TRU's inventory of a Naboo Royal Guard and an kid Anakin figures. Now only 35 to go! :'(

I draw the line at QuiGon and ObiWan!
« Last Edit: July 9, 2012, 11:00 PM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: July 10, 2012, 05:21 PM »
how come every now and then when I go to Amazon.com I see figures from the Starkiller wave for sale for $12.99 - except for Starkiller!  I have never seen him that low on Amazon.  Has anyone ever seen him at this price?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: July 10, 2012, 05:25 PM »
how come every now and then when I go to Amazon.com I see figures from the Starkiller wave for sale for $12.99 - except for Starkiller!  I have never seen him that low on Amazon.  Has anyone ever seen him at this price?

Both Starkiller and Shae Vizla have been going in and out of stock for the better part of the day.

I was able to place an order for a pair of them around lunch-time.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: July 10, 2012, 06:20 PM »

I saw them last week at the low price, too.  The EU figures just go out of stock quickly.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: July 10, 2012, 11:07 PM »
I got my case with StarKiller, Shae, Malgus, Wedge, etc. from HTS.com today.  Really nice job packaging this up.  They included minty, unpunched cards inside an unopened box.  That was wrapped in 3-4 inches of packing paper and put into a box 4x the size of the figure box.  Talk about using protection.  Not bad for $90 and change!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #973 on: July 10, 2012, 11:11 PM »
That is a pretty good deal.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #974 on: July 11, 2012, 09:04 PM »
Courtesy of Jeff and Dr. P., I wound up with 7 new Rebel Fleet Troopers for my army, and a new "Naval Commander"/Death Star Trooper.

A big thanks to both for these, and my armies grow...  well my DST army of actually COOL looking DST's is holding steady at 2 now, but it's cool. :)  More like they're on a date than an army I guess.