Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 303364 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #1065 on: August 24, 2012, 09:37 AM »
Yesterday my local TRU got in a case of the last line wave - I already have a set of these in my POL at BBTS, but with the buy 2 get 1 free coupon they had going on at TRU yesterday I opted to pick up some just in case I get some figures with bad paint apps.

I saw all of the figures from this wave except Vader - someone already picked up both of him I guess before I got there.  I walked away with Leia, Jar Jar and the Sandtrooper all on Vintage cards.  Ultimately I will probably just end up returning these once my figures get to me from BBTS

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: August 25, 2012, 03:02 PM »
Snagged an Ewok set from TRU.com this morning, and my Tarkin and Nikto arrived from Amazon. You guys were right, Tarkin is MUCH better in person.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1067 on: August 25, 2012, 06:01 PM »
Grabbed Vader, Leia, 2 Jar Jars, and the Ewok set at my local TRU. So nice to actually find new figures at retail.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1068 on: August 25, 2012, 11:28 PM »
Grabbed a Vinty Nikto at Sears and saw a Hoth Luke...  Had AT-ST's too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: August 26, 2012, 12:10 AM »
Grabbed a Vinty Nikto at Sears

Wow, I didn't know Sears was a place to even bother looking for figs. 
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: August 26, 2012, 06:45 AM »
Now we know.  And knowing is half the battle!

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1071 on: August 26, 2012, 01:41 PM »
Grabbed a Vinty Nikto at Sears

Wow, I didn't know Sears was a place to even bother looking for figs.

They vary, but they're partnered with K-Mart, and Sear Grands (at least them) have a toy aisle...  They sometimes have SW in stock, sometimes not.  Usually they have something though...  It's often less than K-Mart has though, but once this time of year comes they tend to carry a bit more and at the same prices.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: August 26, 2012, 10:26 PM »
Yeah, I think the odds of finding figures at Sears is going to be slim to none for a lot of us, unfortunately. I hit a couple last week and asked where the toys were when i walked in and they looked at me like I had three arms or something. They literally had no toys in those stores.

Have added 5 Below back to the weekly rotation again but they are still stuck on the AOTC wave...ugh.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1073 on: August 27, 2012, 03:58 AM »
5 Below isn't a normal retailer, they're a discounter...  Stopping in and looking doesn't hurt, but they're not likely to get regular rotations of new SW figures...  They may get some, but that's like saying you're adding Family Dollar, Big Lots, Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, and Tuesday Morning to your daily stops too, as any of those coudl also wind up with the mysterious warehouse of 2012 TVC figs. :)

As far as Sears goes, it depends on the Sears.  Sears Grand stores, which are large and have a section of stuff like food, greeting cards, household items, and also a toy aisle, are very VERY likely to have SW figures.  I know this because, since my Sears Grand opened, they've pretty steadily carried SW stuff.  They'll go a little while with nothing, but they've almost always had something on the pegs.  They restock about as often as K-Mart does, maybe slightly less.

Regular Sears stores that aren't the Sears Grand stores, they tend to not have a toy area till XMas I believe.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: August 29, 2012, 11:02 AM »
Spotted Wave 6 at a ghetto Walmart near work. One case, both Vaders and Sandtroopers gone along with one Blue Clone. Snagged the two Shocktroopers and last Blue Clone (lost line variant) since I still plan on ordering a case online.

Of course the two lost line figures didn't scan at the self checkout and they didn't want to sell me the figures. Finally a manager came buy and let me scan the Vintage Shocktrooper two more times, as I had been asking to do. ::)

This would be my first sighting of new Vintage figures at retail since February (also at Walmart)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: August 29, 2012, 11:35 AM »
I finally spotted the Lost Line wave at Kmart.  In my area, this wave had only shown up at Walmart.  Interestingly enough, the only figs missing were Jar Jar & Bespin Leia on their respective vintage cards.  Why a collector would pick those two out of the bunch is beyond me....
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 11:36 AM by Force Guy »

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: August 29, 2012, 12:52 PM »
LOL Those are the two I want!

I have plenty of shockies and sandies and Clone Lts AND Vaders

but an Ultimate Jar Jar and Bespin Leia with Soft goods are just my speed!

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: August 29, 2012, 01:24 PM »
yep I am right there with you on this warinthefloor.  I started collecting back during Saga 2, and so, to my recollection, there has not been a Bespin Leia since then.  And all others prior to it were not worthy enough for me to acquire via the secondary market to have for my collection.  While this version of Leia is not perfect by any means, she is better than her predecessors.

basically same thing goes for Jar Jar - but I did get a TPM original version somewhere....

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: August 29, 2012, 02:42 PM »
Ha!  Well what do you know....I guess it makes sense after all.

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: August 30, 2012, 11:53 AM »
I found teh ultimate Jar Jar and it has been getting a LOT of milage as far as being played with. Really like the leather goods