Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 303306 times)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #1125 on: October 11, 2012, 11:46 AM »
Is that your "O-face?"
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1126 on: October 11, 2012, 02:29 PM »
Only after a ride on the bone rollercoaster...  oy oy!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: October 11, 2012, 02:38 PM »
Wow! >:D
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: October 11, 2012, 03:34 PM »
Well this thread had taken an unfortunate turn.

I took a pic of the big fat 208.99 display at TRU today if any of you moderator types want it for the news. PM me and I will host or email it.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #1129 on: October 11, 2012, 04:03 PM »
Well this thread had taken an unfortunate turn.

I took a pic of the big fat 208.99 display at TRU today if any of you moderator types want it for the news. PM me and I will host or email it.

You're clearly much more responsible than the rest of us today.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: October 11, 2012, 04:16 PM »
We had a brand new TRU open up here today, and man, I have not been more excited walking into a toy store in a long time. I had all these high hopes of shelves bursting with all sorts of new SW swag.

It turned out to be a mixed bag. They had a nice complement of Speeder Bikes, Ewok & Pilot sets, and a couple cases of the TVC Lost Wave, which I had never seen before around here.

But nothing beyond Wave 2 for Clone Wars and no new Class I vehicles, which is what I really wanted.

No signage about the BOGOF sale either, and I didnt feel like loading up and getting to the cash register only to find out they weren't honoring that deal. Maybe I'll ask next time I go back.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: October 11, 2012, 07:14 PM »
Always try the aisle price checker...if'inn they gots one.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1132 on: October 11, 2012, 08:39 PM »
New TRU?  Didn't realize they were considering expansion beyond temp stores.  ???
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: October 11, 2012, 09:22 PM »
New TRU?  Didn't realize they were considering expansion beyond temp stores.  ???

TRU is indeed expanding. They are opening a store in Raleigh on Nov. 2nd, and I am beyond excited. Oddly enough they also opened a TRU Express store in the mall literally across the street, so they must be feeling very confident.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: October 11, 2012, 09:33 PM »

Yeah, they closed both the standalone TRU that had been around since I was a kid along with the Babies R Us store and then consolidated both under the same space in a more shopping-robust part of town.

It's very impressive, totally clean, well organized, etc. We'll see how long that lasts. The overall square footage dwarfs the older store. Forgot to mention they also had two cases of the Malgus wave. Was really hoping for the Nom/Aayla or Shae/Starkiller waves...never seen any of those figures outside of Kithaba and Evazan. (Not the rare ones either)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: October 12, 2012, 03:17 AM »

Yeah, they closed both the standalone TRU that had been around since I was a kid along with the Babies R Us store and then consolidated both under the same space in a more shopping-robust part of town.

It's very impressive, totally clean, well organized, etc. We'll see how long that lasts. The overall square footage dwarfs the older store.

They did something similar here last year. There was a TRU in a shopping center next to a mall in the nice part of town, and about 5 miles down the highway was a Babies R Us in a shopping center in the REALLY nice part of town. Around New Years, they closed down the TRU near the mall and turned the BRU into a joint TRU/BRU. It's really nice and clean and open like yours is. Not to mention they actually receive shipments of toys. It's the only TRU I've seen the Speeder Bike and the Yavin Sled, and multiple Lost Line cases in addition to other various exclusives. In contrast, the TRU near my house seems content with getting about one shipment per year of everything, and never restocks, and never stocks exclusives period.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1136 on: October 13, 2012, 04:43 PM »
There's a TRU about an hour south of me that remodeled an old store recently, and when some of us Waterloo guys hit it about three weeks ago, we were shocked at how well-stocked it was. Our store is OK, but this one had so much product and so much new stuff that it was amazing. Either we went on a good weekend or it's always like that, but it's weird how they treat stores so differently when they aren't that far apart geographically.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: October 13, 2012, 06:22 PM »
Got a $5 Sandtrooper at 5 Below that opened up last month. Apparently all they get is that AOTC wave (with Vader and sandtrooper repacks). I've mildly tempted by that MEGO style Darkseid they have from that failed Mattel line. They had Thundercats, too for $4.

TRU had some sale $35 on Star Wars, get a free Pod racers battle pack yesterday and today only.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1138 on: October 13, 2012, 06:55 PM »
5 Below had TONS of that wave...  Like, I can't even begin to explain how many cases each store was allotted...  and sold through to second rounds, and thirds in some cases.  I saw it first hand since I know my store's local manager.  She took me to the stock room to let me cherry pick Sandtroopers for a little bit and WOW.  I could've had 100 easy that day I think. :)  And they sold through all of it and most of a 2nd round of cases.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: October 22, 2012, 09:15 AM »
Last week I picked up some lost wave army builders at TRU, 2 for 1. 2 sandtroopers, a clone lieutenant and the shocktrooper.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."