Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 303276 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #1260 on: June 3, 2013, 11:07 PM »
Stuff shipped...  I'm wondering how much of some of that was ever made?  I wouldn't be shocked to see Bastilla wave hit at discounters still.  Think 1998 Pt.2
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: June 4, 2013, 08:10 AM »
Going back farther, where did the Bastilla and Echo Base Trooper wave go? Overseas? I've more or less written them off for all time.

I think they all found their way to NYC Babys R Us.  I found the EBT, Ponda and Bastilla peg warming there.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1262 on: June 4, 2013, 02:42 PM »
I saw Bastilla's wave probably 4 or 5 times?  At least remnants of it, but only saw her twice and a couple EB Troopers.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: June 4, 2013, 03:26 PM »
I saw Bastilla's wave probably 4 or 5 times?  At least remnants of it, but only saw her twice and a couple EB Troopers.

I never did see this wave at retail.  Had to use my NY connection to get any of them.   ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1264 on: June 11, 2013, 12:13 AM »

That's 4 or 5 times more than I saw it.  Shame, I really wanted to add the Bastilla figure to my Jedi shelf.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1265 on: June 11, 2013, 02:02 PM »
She's not bad, but I think you'll get a chance to at some point.  I wouldn't panic is all.

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: June 12, 2013, 12:17 AM »
What I just wonder is where the TVC will turn up.  By all accounts, including Hasbro, they have this stuff.  They just can't sell it.

It's truly baffling that Hasbro doesn't just sell Tarkin/Starkilller cases through their website.  I guess they would prefer to just let these cases rot in their warehouse.  It's pretty clear Target/TRU/Walmart isn't rushing to order more TVC from Hasbro.   
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1267 on: June 12, 2013, 02:40 PM »
HTS has its own business model though...  It's a separate entity, so Hasbro's SW team can't force them to take it.  They've got their own stock they can't move from what I see.  Some of it good stuff too.   :-\

I think when it's all said and done, some of this may wind up there though, actually.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: June 12, 2013, 06:08 PM »
The Tarkin/Starkilller cases will end up in the same landfill in New Mexico that Atari dumped the E.T. cartridges.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: June 12, 2013, 07:33 PM »
If you ever played that game, you might agree that it was where the game's designers probably should've been buried, too.

I keep forgetting they even made a new Tarkin. Oh, yeah...they remade him.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1270 on: June 12, 2013, 07:55 PM »
The Tarkin isn't anything major.  He's not as good as he could've been.  The colors are off some, and the head needed far better paint aps IMO.  To me, that's the glaringly obvious failure on the Tarkin figure.  His hair's much more varied in color than they gave, and I find his skin tone odd, the eyes a little odd...  It's nowhere near perfect.

The uniform color isn't as bad as initially thought, but it's also not perfect.  The POTF2 figure's color is actually perfect, and the paint aps superior.  The sculpt just suffers.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1271 on: June 24, 2013, 01:47 AM »
Having a $5 off $25 coupon I hopped into a TRU Saturday, found a lone Death Star Trooper chilling amongst a pile of TPM figures and a pile of TCW realistic Ani's...  They got a lot of that wave in recently I'd say.

Couldn't find a figure I wanted to pair with him for the B1G1 thing they were doing, so I opted to go with a Speederbike, get the DST for $5 then, and use the $5 coupon...

Either way I either got a free DST and a Speederbike for full price, or as I prefer to look at it, a Speederbike for about $18 and a $5 DST.  :)  Once the accountant in my head is happy, I'm usually willing to commit to the purchase.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1272 on: June 24, 2013, 08:10 PM »
AT-ST's are marked down now to $26 at K-Mart, and they're also running an Extra 50% off Clearance Prices promo again, so $13 AT-ST's.  Not shabby.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: July 6, 2013, 05:17 PM »
I lucked out and didn't luck out, because I found an AT-ST, but it was $15.50 with the 50% off. I got it anyway, along with two more driver sets. No Ewoks to be found. I think that finally does it for the endor exclusives locally (within 30 miles), I hope.

Sad news the 5 Below seems to have stopped stocking Star Wars figures, just a naboo pilot and obi-wan hanging around now.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1274 on: July 6, 2013, 10:51 PM »
I wouldn't count 5 Below out...  Not yet.  If what hasbro said is true there are more TVC cases just waiting to be dumped somewhere.