Author Topic: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 259134 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Got a $10 off any $50 purchase coupon from TRU today - too bad it expires on 07/25 though.  Hopefully I can find some new TF goodies to spend it on.   :)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 04:46 PM by Jeff »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 11:41 PM »
I got the same one iFett, and there was one for the following month as well, so I'm going to probably wind up doing some buying at TRU.  At least maybe vehicles.  Whatever makes the most financial sense anyway.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 11:50 PM »
I got the 20% of one item coupon. On a thread related note, what's the deal with TRU charging $9.99 for the Vintage Collection? Wasn't it suppose to remain the same pricepoint as before with SL and CW dropping a dollar?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 11:53 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 1, 2010, 12:43 PM »
Jesse - where was the other $10 off coupon?  The one I found was kinda like glued or whatever to the front cover, but I tossed the book in the trash after quickly skimming through it.   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 1, 2010, 12:44 PM »
Jesse - where was the other $10 off coupon?  The one I found was kinda like glued or whatever to the front cover, but I tossed the book in the trash after quickly skimming through it.   :-\

Both were on the cover of mine - so I had one for July and one for August.

I wonder if the August one only went to people who have spent X amount through the Rewards program or something? (I'm not saying you haven't iFett, I'm just taking a stab in the dark as to why yours wouldn't have both coupons)
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 1, 2010, 12:53 PM »
I've spent about $400 in the last few months at TRU - mainly on SW LEGO sets, and I am a Rewards member....huh.  Oh well I guess....a day late a dollar short - it's trash day.

Keep thinking it's Friday - guess I'll check the recycle bin tonight.   :)
« Last Edit: July 1, 2010, 12:55 PM by iFett »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: July 1, 2010, 01:42 PM »
There were NO coupons on the cover of my TRU Rewards flier...   maybe my mailman took them.  :( 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: July 1, 2010, 03:04 PM »
Both mine were also on the cover... 

Ya know, I wouldn't be shocked if the mailman scarfed them.  It happens, and for how many times the mail can be handled between your box and the sender, it's certainly plausible.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2010, 10:26 AM »
I guess this isn't strictly "vintage", but I was on TRU.com this morning and noticed they are having a Hasbro sale "Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off" again (all Star Wars included).  Not sure if this is in the stores as well, but just wanted to give a heads up.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2010, 11:25 AM »
I'll be going back today to see if there's anything new, but I doubt it.  Only need Pre Visla and some Vintage openers.  I also just realized that when that Nikto Guard exclusive comes out, there will be nothing for me to buy to get him!   ::)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2010, 03:30 PM »
I gotta say - this would truly be a FANTASTIC week to find a pair of AT-ATs at TRU with the BOGO going on.

Has anyone seen or heard reports of the battle packs or deluxe figures hitting the brick-and-mortar TRUs yet? It would be great if those started to surface this week too.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2010, 04:55 PM »
Has anyone seen or heard reports of the battle packs or deluxe figures hitting the brick-and-mortar TRUs yet? It would be great if those started to surface this week too.

Haven't seen nor heard of them being spotted at any brick and mortars. I spoke to the TRU guy I know today and he confirmed they have not gotten any in yet. (As opposed to 12(!) cases of new TCW and 6 (!) cases of Vintage they are just sitting on)

I also noticed the deluxe sets have never been re-stocked on TRU.com since that first weekend, even though I have seen other new figures and vehicles sell out and get re-stocked several times there.

There are a number up on eBay though...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2010, 06:31 PM »
I also noticed the deluxe sets have never been re-stocked on TRU.com since that first weekend, even though I have seen other new figures and vehicles sell out and get re-stocked several times there.

I wouldn't have guessed that they were in-stock to begin with. I was online when all of the Vintage and new CW figures were first in stock, and all of the deluxe sets were sold out. I would have expected at least one set to linger, but all three were either never stocked or great sellers!

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2010, 02:00 PM »
EE is running a sale for the next 37 hours on their 4 pack of exclusive comic packs.  The sale price is $59.99 - so that is a savings of $10 off the standard price they are going to be charging.  link

I also found a code for an additional $5 off $50 order - the code is " dealtaker "

I believe the above code has a 7/16/10 expiration date.  I was able to use this code when I put an order in for the 4 packs of comics plus the 2 GI Joe Resolute packs.  So yeah, I was happy to save $15 when all was said and done - which really amounted to free shipping.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 02:11 PM by Jeff »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2010, 07:29 PM »
Guess there's some Christmas in July sale happening at TRU starting this weekend - was on the news....not sure what's going to be on sale though.