Author Topic: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 259135 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #405 on: August 17, 2011, 01:35 PM »
I got $10 Geoffrey Dollars too... too bad my TRUs don't have anything worth buying. ::)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 24, 2011, 07:50 PM »
I just got a one day only (tomorrow) 20% off any one item coupon at TRU.  Also attached to the coupon was a link to more coupons and one of them was a buy 2 get 3rd free on "ALL Star Wars 3.75" Figures" - this coupon is also only good for tomorrow only...  kinda lame on the Star Wars coupon

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #407 on: August 24, 2011, 09:34 PM »
It's not bad if you actually live near a TRU...  if you're like me though, and TRU is an out-of-the-way-trip, by about 45 minutes minimum, well...  Yeah, TRU sucks.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 25, 2011, 02:15 AM »
Might stop buy and use that on the TFU set... if they have it.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 25, 2011, 09:59 AM »
Ya I got that email as well....Doesn't quite make up for them not sending me my $10 coupon, but it is what it is.  Brings the price of the shuttle down with 20% off but that's still too high IMO.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 25, 2011, 10:27 AM »
At least you guys get coupons at all from TRU.  I never get any email coupons from them, and the ones that I used to get through the mail (the RewardsRUs program) are not showing up at all anymore, even though the site says they've been sent out.  Then when they finally do send me coupons, it's always for Beyblade or Barbies.  :-\

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 25, 2011, 11:10 AM »
I've been a Rewards member for over 2 years and have NEVER gotten a single email or mail coupon from those stingy bastids. And I spent a lot of dough there too.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 25, 2011, 11:24 AM »
I never did either until a few months after I went into my account and clicked on all the send me crap to my email address options.

Funny thing is the little card on my keychain is almost completely worn through, but it still scans at the register.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 25, 2011, 08:45 PM »
I just got another email from them - Friday and Saturday all Legacy Collection Battle Packs will be 50% off with the coupon on the email.  The cool thing is in the email they have the Jabba the Hutt CW BP pictured - if I see that one shelves I would nab that for sure.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 08:48 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 26, 2011, 02:11 PM »
I just got another email from them - Friday and Saturday all Legacy Collection Battle Packs will be 50% off with the coupon on the email.  The cool thing is in the email they have the Jabba the Hutt CW BP pictured - if I see that one shelves I would nab that for sure.

They do that with the print ads, too. Show Legacy battle packs that they likely won't have, such as Resurgence of the Jedi and Hoth Speeder Bike Patrol. The only ones I've seen in the past 2 years were Tatooine Ambush, Birth of Vader, Holocron Heist and Jedi vs. Sith (CW) . They keep having sales on them, but they never seem to go away.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 27, 2011, 11:47 AM »
I just went in today and you are right, they only had the ones you mentioned above - I even had a guy pull two cases for me - and all were the same.

I did see a single mom shopping for an inexpensive present for her kid, she kept telling him that all the stuff he was looking at cost too much.  I gave her the coupon and let her know I didn't need it and she could have it if she wanted it - she was really happy and grateful.

I left the store and as I was driving away the thought came to me - I hope she doesn't need my rewards zone card to use it - that would suck and make me feel really bad.....

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 29, 2011, 06:31 PM »
Toys ''R'' Us' offering their 20% coupon again.

Back by popular demand, we are once again offering “R” Fans 20% OFF any one regular-priced item in-store or online, valid now through September 4, while supplies last. For those who took advantage of our Facebook-exclusive coupon the first time around – not to worry, you can take us up on this new offer, too!
Thank You for being “R” Fan! Click here (please, don't) to receive your 20% coupon. See details and exclusions.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #417 on: September 11, 2011, 02:03 PM »
So with JTA's early word about  a TRU sale I decided to hit two local ones...  First one had the Coronet set, which rocks.  I was ecstatic not just to get the set, but to get it for a few bucks less than full retail.

They'd restocked vintage here with ALL Wave 6.  No 7 at all, just Wave 6 galore, which TRU here was overflowing with Wave 6 in the first place, so that kinda sucked, but at least it's a good wave for army builders (Senate Guard, Endor Rebel, AOTC Clone which is everywhere anyway, and AT-RT DRivers which are a b to find).

So I bought enough to get the USB...  USB's were hanging in the main SW figure area, not the up front thing, but they're neat for a freebie IMO.

My store had no new CW figures, and barely anything really of note besides the Vinty Wave 6.

My 2nd stop was a TRU further south and it had the cardboard shippers with new CW figures, but only an Aqua droid and Sae Sae with the jetpack thing were left. 

They also had a TON of Wave 6, like the other store, but someone had picked through a lot of the CW figures and there were no Coronet sets left.

Overall with the cheap army builders I was actually pretty pleased, but I was disappointed I couldn't get Seripas as well.

If anyone's curious what's on the USB's, they're R2-D2 flash drives, 2 Gig, rubber (molded around a flash drive, the dome pops off as the cap, about action figure scaled actually), and they have something with a CW game online, and 3 sets of coupons (Pretty basic stuff, money off sabers or masks, money off total Lego purchases of $100/$150, etc.  Nothing great for action figures).

The sale's real beauty is $6.99 vinty figures and even cheaper Legends/CW.

I did see a lot of Legends around, and good stuff too, but I didn't buy any.

I think if figures were this cheap year round, you'd see a different take at retail on SW stuff.  Just my opinion, but sales clear TRU out, and otherwise TRU sits on stuff unless it's brand spanking new.  Sales at any retailer move stuff fast though, which just proves to me the prices have hit a point where people are saying, "no, this is way too much for something this small".

JTA also had psoted old TRU exclusives were getting deep clearance, however most of that stuff had sold out here long ago, so I saw nothing like that around me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 11, 2011, 05:58 PM »
Returned to the picked over local TRU I mentioned in the Recent Purchases thread the other day thanks to the sale and ended up finding a bunch of stuff. They were still really picked over but I did some digging and was able to find some stuff that was worthwhile.

Like Jesse said, $6.99 Vinty figs are hard to resist, and Legends/CW figures are like $5.60. Haven't seen these prices in a long, long time and they're fantastic. Battle Packs are like $17.50 too, but I didn't see any I really wanted.

Half the stuff I got was just to reach $30 to get the USB drive. Don't really need the flash drive but it is pretty cool and anything free is fine by me.

I was going to buy some LEGO sets but the discounts weren't as good for those and basically knocked them down to a few cents below Wal-Mart and Target prices. Not worth it to me, so I went with Hasbro figs only.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 06:02 PM by Diddly »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #419 on: September 11, 2011, 11:56 PM »
The new battlepacks, at least for me, rang up like $22 and change (only 10% off as opposed to 30%), which bummed me out.  I was maybe going to get the Kamino one and take my Target one back.  Still trying to unload Echo/Fives from that for half the pack's cost.

I saw little in the mid-size vehicle and deluxe fig w/vehicle lines too...  Basically the SOS.