Author Topic: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 260042 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #720 on: May 12, 2012, 05:09 PM »
I was just at Target and they had GI Joe figures for like $7 on clearance.  I was a little surprised at the cost - I thought they were only $7-8 to begin with.

For anyone interested in snagging Marvel movies, they have Iron Man, Thor, Captain American, and Iron Man 2 on sale for $13.  And with each one, you get either a free bag of candy, a 12 pack of soda, or a package of popcorn.  I picked up Thor and Cap, with some free Dr. Pepper and RPCs.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: May 13, 2012, 03:44 AM »
I was just at Target and they had GI Joe figures for like $7 on clearance.  I was a little surprised at the cost - I thought they were only $7-8 to begin with.

I noticed that too... Spider-Man figures were "marked down" to $7, "originally $10". I'm pretty sure they were pricing that Spidey line at like $8.50 a figure, so not much of a deal. But then again I've found that outside of the odd exclusive, Target doesn't really like getting money from collectors anyway, so no big deal.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #722 on: May 16, 2012, 02:42 PM »
I'm still finding, and am quite shocked about it, Yavin Rebel w/Hangar Sled figures at TRU for the sale price.

Pleased about that! :)

It's, of course, only one here and one there, but it's still one more than I had before.  Such a shame they leaned so heavily with the CW figure in that assortment and only one Yavin Rebel...  Would love a lot more.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: May 16, 2012, 03:32 PM »
I'm still finding, and am quite shocked about it, Yavin Rebel w/Hangar Sled figures at TRU for the sale price.

Pleased about that! :)

It's, of course, only one here and one there, but it's still one more than I had before.  Such a shame they leaned so heavily with the CW figure in that assortment and only one Yavin Rebel...  Would love a lot more.

Wow, congrats!  I have not seen that thing in ages.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #724 on: May 16, 2012, 03:47 PM »
Yeah I'm thinking maybe these are completely fresh cases being opened because I don't recall seeing many...  Nor should I have since it was a one-per, but still...  It's weird.  Two is two more than I ever thought I'd get for the sale price.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: May 17, 2012, 09:22 AM »
On a tip I visited a couple of Tuesday Mornings and found vintage figs for $5. Seems each store is getting 6 at a time and they seem to be all carry forwards from the Revenge waves - Yoda, ESB Vader, corrected Stormie, Slave Leia, Bar 2, and RFT
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: May 17, 2012, 12:17 PM »
On a tip I visited a couple of Tuesday Mornings and found vintage figs for $5. Seems each store is getting 6 at a time and they seem to be all carry forwards from the Revenge waves - Yoda, ESB Vader, corrected Stormie, Slave Leia, Bar 2, and RFT

Isn't the Yoda on Revenge card that Canadian variant some people are freaking out about?

I recall reading something about this somewhere, but as a non-packaging completist I did not pay close attention.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: May 17, 2012, 04:01 PM »

This is exciting news; I've been checking TJ Maxxs, Marshalls, Ross, and Kohls since before Christmas, ever since I saw the Ep2 wave at many of them for $5 each.  I've been waiting for some OT characters to show up at those discount stores- how great would it be to find a Gamorrean or Hoth trooper there?
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: May 17, 2012, 05:59 PM »
That's cool about the BOGOHO, but you gotta have the coupon.  I had no idea this was going on today, bought some new Wave 3 figures too... lol

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: May 18, 2012, 11:45 AM »

Isn't the Yoda on Revenge card that Canadian variant some people are freaking out about?

I recall reading something about this somewhere, but as a non-packaging completist I did not pay close attention.

Nope, it's the regular old American version.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: May 18, 2012, 02:37 PM »
What is different about the Canadian one outside of bilingual packaging?  Just rare to find Revenge carded Yoda in Canada?   ???

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #732 on: May 18, 2012, 02:46 PM »
The Canadian variant is on a ROTJ cardback instead of a ROTS cardback like the US version was:

The ROTJ cardback was the original plan for US release, but collectors complained about having prequel Yoda on a OT card, so Hasbro changed Yoda to a ROTS cardback for US release.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: May 18, 2012, 03:10 PM »
Got it - thanks for clarifying Jeff!

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: May 18, 2012, 03:11 PM »
I must be crazy passing up 2 RFTs and a Bar2-D2 at Tuesday Morning today, but I just have enough for my diorama needs!  If I see a Jedi Luke or Wedge, however...  I'm hoping this trend of older waves to discount stores continues- I love the idea of $5 vintage figures.  There's no buyer remorse!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke