Author Topic: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 259965 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2010, 08:41 PM »
Thanks Smash, I ordered a set and saving $10 wiped out the shipping and knocked a couple $$$ off the final price, so that worked out great.

I have one set down now, and may not pick another set up unless I see clearance prices on these.

They're good figures IMO, so I'm happy to get a complete set.  I didn't realize Obi-Wan and Ani were even new, in much of any capacity I guess, so I'm interested in them anyway.  Are their heads new or something?

Anyway, good deal there I think.  Saves some money, and definitely saves wasting time looking for them, so that's cool.  I'll get out when i can this weekend just to see what else is doin' if I feel like it, and if not then these are wrapped up and I'm a happy man.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 08:44 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2010, 11:52 PM »
Just an FYI that here in MN, the new 'save 5% when you use your Target card' program has gone live.  I bought all the exclusives that I was looking for (Hoth BPs, CW BPs, Geo Arena sets) and saved myself 5% off the price :)  It's not a guarantee that the program has gone live all over the USA, but it might be worth checking out if you like saving money.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 16, 2010, 10:24 AM »
Just as a heads up, I'm pretty sure that the Target 5% program is supposed to be live everywhere tomorrow (the 17th).  They started it earlier this week at our store as well, but I think the "hard date" is Sunday.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2010, 11:56 AM »
Black Friday ads are popping up on the web.  I haven't had the chance to look but you can find some here:  http://bfads.net/Adscans

TRU, WM, and K-Mart toy sales are up on the site.

edit:  just realized that these of course are not the Black Friday ads but the "big book of toys" both stores are doing - and thats why there arent really any mind blowing deals.

on another note, I am pretty sure I heard a radio ad saying that there would be more sales on SW products at TRU this Friday after 3:00 or something.  Anyone else hear this?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 11:27 AM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2010, 11:59 PM »
The Boba Fett Helmet is on sale for $29.99 at Target this week. Went ahead and snagged it as part of my Halloween costume. :D
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 29, 2010, 08:50 AM »
Reminder, if you got one of those promotional Clone Wars Quinlan Vos TRU giftcards last month, they expire today (10/29/10)! Use it or lose it. I used my yesterday.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 31, 2010, 01:19 PM »
Vintage/Legends/Clone Wars figures $5.99 at Meijers this week. (Iron Man and Marvel Universe, too.)

Clone Wars Slave 1 set $79.99 at TRU.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 31, 2010, 07:28 PM »

Grrrr...Just glad I got one at a somewhat good deal.  Defintately going to hold out on these large pieces in the future.  Slave I's are piled almost to the ceiling at my TRU.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 1, 2010, 12:41 PM »

Grrrr...Just glad I got one at a somewhat good deal.  Defintately going to hold out on these large pieces in the future.  Slave I's are piled almost to the ceiling at my TRU.

Yeah, I'm really wishing I would have waited a bit on this one as well - but that's the way it goes I guess.  Our TRU has had these in the shelf pretty consistently for awhile now as well, and it would have been nice to save the $20-30.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 1, 2010, 12:54 PM »
there is this now too:

Earn 10% Back on your holiday purchases at Toys”R”Us and Babies”R”Us, in-store or online, from October 31 – December 24, 2010.
Receive up to $50 “R”Us Dollars during this period. All “R”Us Dollar certificates sent via email.

Qualifying purchases do not include gift cards, shipping and handling, reward eligible diapers, formula, greeting cards and LeapFrog® products. Layaway purchases and furniture orders do not qualify until items are paid for in full and shipped.

Other exclusions apply.

for more details see here

so that brings the Fett pack down to $72 after the rewards money back.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 2, 2010, 10:11 AM »
someone on another site was saying that points earned on sale items purchased at TRU don't reward you with the full points you should earn.  They said you only earn half points - is this true?  not a deal breaker by any means, just curious if there is a difference.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #86 on: November 2, 2010, 10:49 AM »
Yes, it is very true that if you use a sale or coupon to get an item, you only get half-credit towards the Rewards program.  From the terms/conditions:

Purchases of infant furniture, battery powered ride-on vehicles, video game hardware, outdoor play equipment, and all purchases at a discount resulting from any sale, coupon or other offer or discount only qualify for $0.50 for each $1.00 spent. All other purchased items qualify for $1.00 for each $1.00 spent.

Also a bummer - if you return an item, you lose the full amount, even if you only got a half-credit when you bought it.  So if you bought something on sale for $20, you'd get $10 applied.  But if you return that item, they'll deduct the full $20.  ::)
« Last Edit: November 2, 2010, 10:53 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 2, 2010, 10:51 AM »
thanks Jeff!

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 2, 2010, 11:53 AM »
Just saw that HTS is now offering Free Shipping on most orders over $50.  I threw a ROTS case in the cart just to check it out and sure enough - it works!  I also tacked on the SW2010 promo and that worked too!  So the case came out to $72 and some change I think.  Now if only HTS would put up the ROTJ wave to preorder by the case...   ;D

I recall there being other HTS codes recently available - does anyone know any others?  For some reason these sounded familiar "exclusive20" and "alltoys15" but either I am wrong, missing something in the code, or they are expired.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #89 on: November 3, 2010, 01:56 AM »
I received a 20% off coupon good for only November 3rd (today) in my email this past evening.  It's for Toys R Us Rewards members.  Sucks that it's only good for the one day as I'm nowhere near TRU to use it and don't really want to deal with TRU.com (I don't need anything that badly), but still 20% off is good since it brings a battlepack or vehicle down to $20 basically.

Check your mail guys, might be worth using on the way to/from work today or something.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77