Author Topic: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 260044 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #120 on: November 11, 2010, 09:32 AM »
Just thought I would let you all know I just saw the TRU BF ad and there is not 1 single SW action figure item in it.....  FAIL.

But you can get the GI Joe Pit playset that wasn't even selling at $25 for the now low price of $50....   DOUBLE FAIL.

EDIT: While I am on the note I don't think Target had anything in theirs either.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 10:01 AM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 12, 2010, 11:24 AM »
Just saw the Meijer BF ad and it states that all action figures regularly priced $2.99-$19.99 will be buy 2 get one free.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 13, 2010, 03:28 AM »
I've headed across the Canadian/US border into Washington for the weekend and I'm wondering if someone could tell me how much basic figures are retailing for currently at each of the major chains?  It'll give me an idea whether to buy something if I find it, or wait to grab it elsewhere at a better price.  I was thinking TRU, WM, Target, KMart?  Thanks in advance for the help!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #123 on: November 13, 2010, 03:57 AM »
TRU's still ****...  as far as I know.  Like $10 a figure. 

WM Vintage figures are $6.00, or at least here they are.

Target Vintage figures are $6.99, but that SHOULD end today (Saturday).  Sometimes Target sales go longer though, but I'm pretty sure this one won't.

K-Mart Vintage figures are $8.99.

I'm not positive of the price on Clone Wars/Legends though...  KM they're $8.99.  TRU I think $6.99, no?  Their vintage are excessively high, and the other lines are where they should be I think.

Target they should be $6.99 and I don't believe they were on sale this week.  Wal-Mart I think they're $6.99-ish too, or at least marked that, but they may be ringing up for $6 as well.  I forget if they were intended to be $6.99 or $6.00 there Jess, sorry.  I've been so fixated on vintage that I've largely ignored CW till a figure I really want (Aurra for instance) comes along.  Embo's about all I'd buy right now so I've not really cared on the price.

I wouldn't pass on the Hoth Defense/Attack sets if you see them.  $35, for either set, is a bargain. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 13, 2010, 04:08 AM »
Fantastic, thanks for alll the great info JJ!  Should be a fun weekend doing a little hunting.  8)

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 13, 2010, 11:40 PM »
Don't know if this has been posted? AT-AT for $75.

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_004W023568860001P?prdNo=5

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 14, 2010, 04:11 AM »
One of my Wal-Marts wants $6.96 for Vintage figs, but $6 for everything else. It might be the exception to the rule since they've restocked the toy section maybe twice this year, but be on the lookout since some stores might not have the same prices as others.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 14, 2010, 12:19 PM »
How long is the $6 WM price good for anyway?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 15, 2010, 01:15 AM »
Ok, scored the ROTJ wave earlier at a different WM. Though the pegs had the $6 rollback tags, they rang up at $6.96. I didn't feel like arguing the price since it was late but if this is just a regional thing I'm definitely going to go back tomorrow and get a few dollars back.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #129 on: November 15, 2010, 02:01 AM »
For some reason I was thinking $6 vintage at WM was a seasonal price for Wm...  Not just a short-term sale.  Now I'm not sure.

New waves of stuff ringing up odd prices (or not at all) in WM's system, isn't unheard of though.  If the shelves are tagged $6, you should argue the price.  I would anyway.

Can't wait to nab this wave.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 16, 2010, 09:30 AM »
I had the unique, yet typical experience of finding the ROTJ wave at WM and having them ring up at $7, while everything else (ESB and ROTS) rang up at $6. The frustrating thing is when the store actually tries to tell you that the "new ones" are a different price tier than everything else. However, after much arguing, they caved, as they should have, and gave them to me for the advertised price.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 18, 2010, 04:02 PM »
Is there one of those Kmart $5 off a $5 toy purchase coupons floating around currently??

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #132 on: November 18, 2010, 04:59 PM »
TRU is sending out "Buy 1, Get 1 50% off" coupons that are good on ALL Star Wars and Transformers action figures, play sets, and role play toys - good Fri 11/19 and Sat 11/20 only. 

edit: Got the e-mail just now - coupon link.  Not only Star Wars and Transformers, but LEGO too.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 05:07 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 18, 2010, 11:10 PM »
What constitutes a "Star Wars playset"? Battlepacks? Vehicles? I notice they have a photo of the AT-AT. Is that included as well you think?

Hmmm...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 19, 2010, 07:13 AM »
Best deal imo is to buy 2 of the Fett packs.  one for you and a buddy if you got one and split the cost.  $60 a pack....   8)

I think I am going to look for a buddy....

edit:  another thought, on the cover of my TRU ad this week there was a coupon that was "buy $75 worth of stuff get a $10 gift card".  The fine print says that it cannot be used with any other, I don't have it in front of me so I can't quote it verbatim, "total transaction coupon".  IMO, this BOGO coupon isn't a "total transaction coupon" so I would think they should stack...

edit x2:  so yeah  all of the above worked    ;D
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 10:46 AM by shmashwitdaclub »