Author Topic: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 260070 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #270 on: March 22, 2011, 04:55 PM »
Actually it's the opposite of lazy for them to make the effort of putting the black spacer on, when you think about it.  ;D  But seriously it's just a visual merchandiser trick doing that...  Actually on clothes racks it's an OSHA thing to do that if they only have one or two items.  You're not to have the rack exposed at the front.  Ironically though I see managers push items all the way to the back exposing the rack in the front.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 22, 2011, 06:34 PM »
One of my local Wal-Marts is notorious for never restocking toys, so last summer I literally spent about 20 minutes a day for about a week and a half rearranging the figures on the entire "boys" aisle so that all the figures were on one peg. It left a whole lot of empty space, and they simply rearranged everything again so that there was one figure on the end of every peg again. It's pretty frustrating.

There's a Target across town that does the same thing, and I legit haven't purchased anything from that store since The Saga Collection, because they never have anything.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 23, 2011, 08:53 AM »
Years ago when Vaders were everywhere (more so than usual), I'd sometimes put them at the front of every peg. I was hoping someone would buy them or maybe it was a mild prank for the next collector browsing the aisle. A dozen pegs all showing Vader. Ha.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 23, 2011, 09:21 AM »
I'm glad I'm not the only one that rearranges store pegs.  When the Legacy Collection was first out, stores were nototorious for stocking the figures all together, well my Walmart consistently stocked the figures on the wrong pegs.  I don't mean one or two, but the entire Saga Legends set of pegs would have 100% Clone Wars, for example, while the BaD pegs would have Legends and the BaD figs would be on Clone Wars pegs.

I spent 15 mintues one day putting all the figures on the correct pegs only to come in two days later and they were completely rearranged with the wrong figures on the wrong pegs.  So someone spent another 15+ minutes undoing all the work I had done.  But it was just so Walmart that someone could screw up an entire section that badly.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 23, 2011, 09:33 AM »
I like to put all the remaining figures on one peg. This really pisses off the stock boys. After I did that, one of the target managers yelled at the stock boy for putting them all on one peg. He put them back and I returned ten minutes later and put them back on the single peg again.

Another time I did that and returned the next day to find new figures stocked on the remaining pegs.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 23, 2011, 11:21 AM »
Back when TAC was first hitting, my local Wal-Mart had a ton of cases on a pallet, but had no room for figures to go out because of this damn figure:

They had something like 46 of that one figure.  No other figures on the pegs.

So, what I did was take all 46 of them, and put them in their promotional aisle, thinking they'd put out those TAC figures... well, the next day I went back, the pegs were stocked with the TAC figures, which was great.

Over the next week, those TAC figures sold through, I think there were maybe 3-4 figures left... and the store put all those Naboo guards back on the pegs around that time.  I then put them all back in the promo aisle, and literally every day for about a week they'd end up back on the pegs... finally one day, I took all the Naboo guards and put them in a cart, and pushed it all the way over to the customer service section by where they have return boxes... I just left it there... never saw the figures again on the pegs, they were in the promo aisle and on clearance within a week.  Then TAC started being stocked a lot better.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 23, 2011, 06:07 PM »
Recent stop at a local Wal-Mart saw that the Legends and Clone Wars were rolled back to $6.50. Vintage still $8.99. Nothing I wanted from any of the three lines, anyway, though.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 23, 2011, 07:16 PM »
cool, sounds like this is spread out and not an isolated incident - I got the new CW wave yesterday at WM and they were $6.50 there too.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #278 on: March 24, 2011, 02:39 AM »
It was passed along to me tonight that my nearby WM now has Legends and CW figures at $6.50 as well.  If I run into my friend who runs that store, I'll ask her if it's long-term or short-term...  She may not be sure regardless, but it'd be interesting to know.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 24, 2011, 09:00 AM »
I like to put all the remaining figures on one peg. This really pisses off the stock boys. After I did that, one of the target managers yelled at the stock boy for putting them all on one peg. He put them back and I returned ten minutes later and put them back on the single peg again.

Another time I did that and returned the next day to find new figures stocked on the remaining pegs.

THAT is awesome.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #280 on: March 24, 2011, 10:25 AM »
Years ago, there was a Target and a TRU that never stocked.  I walked through both of them three times a week, twice a day on the way to and from Grad school.

Eventually, I got so fed up, I started carrying little printed out cards I made that said "Please Stock The Star Wars Pegs," and on the back I had a list of assortments that were currrent.  I would hang these cards right on the pegs!

Nothing ever happened until the next film rolled around.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 24, 2011, 11:22 AM »
Years ago, there was a Target and a TRU that never stocked.  I walked through both of them three times a week, twice a day on the way to and from Grad school.

Eventually, I got so fed up, I started carrying little printed out cards I made that said "Please Stock The Star Wars Pegs," and on the back I had a list of assortments that were currrent.  I would hang these cards right on the pegs!

LOL, I've done that too...never thought to include the current case assortments though, that's a good idea. It did seem to work at the Target I was stalking at that time though.

Playing "musical pegs" with the figures is probably an exercise in futility, but it IS sort of an amusing game.

Chewie, I loved your story about this. = Winning!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 24, 2011, 01:43 PM »
Well, some of people in our area have resorted to exiling poor selling figures to stores that no one visits. That usually gets some fresh cases in.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 24, 2011, 04:24 PM »
You were all an inspiration to me today.  While visiting Target and WM today I played musical pegs.  At both stores I was able to fit all of the ROTS clones down onto one peg.  Thinkin I will do this with each visit.  I will do this with MU figures too.   ;D 

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 24, 2011, 04:38 PM »
Just don't let them catch you. They get mad. It's like your stealing or something.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours