Author Topic: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 260130 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #300 on: March 31, 2011, 10:53 AM »
I am holding out for $12.50, or whatever that ridiculous price Target had going at one point.  ;D

That was me, and it was a very rare find.  It only happened I believe because someone returned it after Christmas (still had remnants of wrapping paper on it) and they just wanted to get rid of it.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 9, 2011, 01:32 PM »
$6 Clone Wars figures at Meijers stores next week. I know Meijers covers a limited area, but in the past I got sick of sales reports at Ollies, Fred Meyer and the ever annoying Ross mentions (where you can buy cancelled toys for a nickel and sell them on ebay for $500). So this is payback.  ;)

Anyway, I don't know if it includes Legends.

Some Lego sale at Toys R Us next week, spend $30 get one of those blind packed minifigs free. I think the Mando and Clone minifig packs (or whatever) are on sale, too.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 10, 2011, 09:00 AM »
playsaver.com is back online with some coupons for the Easter season.

$2 off any Star Wars purchase of $10 or more.  more for other toy lines as well.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 10, 2011, 01:31 PM »

$2 off any Star Wars purchase of $10 or more.  more for other toy lines as well.

One coupon per computer it seems. I tried deleting cookies and temp files. Maybe if I uninstall their stupid coupon printer program.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 10, 2011, 01:46 PM »
crap that stinks.  And the expiration date is 5/1/11 I guess.  good thing I work in a computer lab ;D

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 10, 2011, 02:33 PM »

One coupon per computer it seems. I tried deleting cookies and temp files. Maybe if I uninstall their stupid coupon printer program.

How do they enforce this?  Can't you just print one coupon then make copies?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 10, 2011, 03:20 PM »
each one has a unique bar code on it.  So, if you copied one and used both the original and the copy the coupon printing company (coupons.com) would trace the fraud back to the original IP address the first was printed off of.

star wars toys @ a discount, while awesome, are not worth being charged of fraud   :P

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 10, 2011, 05:05 PM »
each one has a unique bar code on it.  So, if you copied one and used both the original and the copy the coupon printing company (coupons.com) would trace the fraud back to the original IP address the first was printed off of.

star wars toys @ a discount, while awesome, are not worth being charged of fraud   :P

Granted.  But if your average Joe made 5 copies and used them, would they really go after that person?  Could someone just say they didn't know you couldn't copy it and make duplicates?  Or heck, you could just block out the IP address ont he coupon.  Just seems like you'd have to be a pretty heavy offender to make it worth prosecuting.

If anyone collects Legos, Target has a bunch of them on sale this week.  The smaller 4-packs (Hoth Rebels, Hoth Troopers, Clones, Mandos) are all $8 this week.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 05:12 PM by JediJman »
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 10, 2011, 05:55 PM »
probably the 2nd best way to re-use any coupons.com is to, as you said, photoshop out the unique barcode and number assigned to a coupon.  You could use these coupons as much as you wanted or unless a cashier realizes the code is not there - then they might be on to the shenanigans and not accept it and all the while hopefully not report said user to the store manager (especially if a bunch of these bogus-barcode-less coupons went through one store).

the hands down best way to get a bunch of these legitimate coupons is to go to a computer lab and print them off computer by computer.  remember, we don't want to ruin this for us now, and not for in the future when Hasbro may want to do it again.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 10, 2011, 08:45 PM »
If anyone collects Legos, Target has a bunch of them on sale this week.  The smaller 4-packs (Hoth Rebels, Hoth Troopers, Clones, Mandos) are all $8 this week.

Nifty!  Been waiting for a sale to pick up the newer troop builder sets.  Been without a Sunday paper for 2 weeks and have only been managing only 1 Target visit a week as of late.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 10, 2011, 09:11 PM »

Nifty!  Been waiting for a sale to pick up the newer troop builder sets.  Been without a Sunday paper for 2 weeks and have only been managing only 1 Target visit a week as of late.

There's a sale at TRU as well, so might be a good week to shop there too if you were waiting on any of the big stuff.  I nabbed 2nds of the Hoth sets and picked up a Mando set, but coudln't bring myself to buy the Clonetroopers.  Hasbro has soured me forever on clones.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 13, 2011, 12:21 AM »
The Meijer sale is $6 for Clone Wars figures and $7 for Legends and Vintage. They haven't gotten any new vintage since the ROTJ waves, at least around here. I did see some Rebel Commandos.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #312 on: April 13, 2011, 12:23 AM »
Hey, to me that's a good deal these days...  too bad of course that Meijers doesn't exist here, but still that's a cool deal.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 14, 2011, 07:21 PM »
TOY R US sale tommorrow 15th and Saturday the 16th only, buy one, get one half off all Hasbro Star Wars vehicles, figures and role-play items.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #314 on: April 14, 2011, 09:16 PM »
Not a bad deal...  Wonder if they'll figure some way to keep Vintage out of the deal? :)  They always seem to.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77