Author Topic: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 260000 times)

Offline ZevZev

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #540 on: December 28, 2011, 02:22 PM »

Target has hidden their TaunTauns and landspeeders. Couldn't find them. Figures are not reduced in price but there isn't much left anyway.

I had the exact same experience. What the heck? Really threw me for a loop.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: December 28, 2011, 07:00 PM »
I checked walmart today. They have CW figures for $3.60. The only problem is they only have Ki-Adi-Mundi and Dooku. Most everything is half off except the $29 lightsabers and vintage figures which they have none of.

Target has hidden their TaunTauns and landspeeders. Couldn't find them. Figures are not reduced in price but there isn't much left anyway.

Wal-Mart here, CW figures were $3.90 and Legends $3.40, Battle Packs $9.90 and vehicles $12.49, IIRC.

Found 2 Snowtroopers and the hoverboard ARF Trooper.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #542 on: December 28, 2011, 07:58 PM »
My Target stores haven't dropped the price on anything, but my WM's are the same as everyone else...  That's nice.  Anyone seeing any vinty though?  My nearest WM even sold out of the last couple sandtroopers they had left over the holidays (like 1 for each peg) and got in some wave 8 Revenge carded figures, which sold pretty quickly.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: December 28, 2011, 08:05 PM »
This makes me think I should go pick up that battle droid tank @walmart. It was the only vehicle they had.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: December 29, 2011, 01:48 AM »
I didn't even look at figures or vehicles at WM when I was there earlier, not that they had anything though. They did have the Blu-Ray Commemorative Packs marked down to $12 something but they were either picked over or all tampered with. I almost picked up some of the Ultimate Gift Sets (the Clone Wars and Marvel Universe ones) but I've spent so much on clearanced DVDs the last few days that I decided to pass on stuff I either had or didn't need at all.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #545 on: December 30, 2011, 01:30 AM »
Targets around me dropped the Taun-Taun set and the vinty Taun-Taun and Landspeeder to $17.48. I almost nabbed them, but I decided to wait a bit to get them when they go lower.
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #546 on: December 30, 2011, 01:54 AM »
The Search For Luke set sold out here a long time ago...  at least I've not seen one since maybe early December?  That one did great.

Taun Tauns and Speeders were chilling here just the other day though...  But no clearance yet either.  ::)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: December 30, 2011, 08:31 AM »
My Target stores haven't dropped the price on anything, but my WM's are the same as everyone else...  That's nice.  Anyone seeing any vinty though?  My nearest WM even sold out of the last couple sandtroopers they had left over the holidays (like 1 for each peg) and got in some wave 8 Revenge carded figures, which sold pretty quickly.

One Wal-Mart here still has At-At Commanders and another has Wave 5 remnants. All are still original price.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: December 30, 2011, 09:42 AM »
Got a few emails from TRU that their clearance stuff is 65% off.  What's on clearance there?  I've no clue.  Also got a Rewards coupon good for $1 off.  um...thanks?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: December 30, 2011, 10:32 AM »
Got a few emails from TRU that their clearance stuff is 65% off.  What's on clearance there?  I've no clue.  Also got a Rewards coupon good for $1 off.  um...thanks?

I think the email actually says, "65% off on all clearance item," though there is a chance that item is something SW related.   ::)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #550 on: December 30, 2011, 01:19 PM »
One Wal-Mart here still has At-At Commanders and another has Wave 5 remnants. All are still original price.

I went out last night to a WM on a hunt for some puzzles on clearance, and saw the Wave 5 remnants at that one.  I hadn't been to this store in ages because they'd gotten in so many wave 5 cases right around November-ish.  They had at least a dozen R5-D4's, a bunch of Ceremony Han's, and of course the repacked troopers...  the only one I've been to of late with a lot of Vintage left overs after the holidays.

They did sell through a bit though, mostly Gree oddly enough, and now have room for something new anyway.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: December 30, 2011, 02:24 PM »
I've looked for clearances around, but not much luck here either.  WM seems to have most of their stuff on clearance, but doesn't have much left (TVC has one R5-D4 and one Utapau Clone).  Target has all lines at regular price, and the Taun Taun/Landspeeder packs seemed to have disappeared here as well.  Nothing else of note really.  I have seen the Republic Attack Shuttle clearanced at both, although not as low as that Amazon deal a couple weeks back.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #552 on: December 31, 2011, 01:24 AM »
Still not a single Target clearance near me...  WM's are blowing out the stuff they clearanced though.  I'm really amazed at how quickly a lot of it is going now, actually.

I was tempted to get an RC Rep Fighter tank but I'm passing I think.  It's too undersized for my liking and the extra eyeports and stuff make the underscaled nature of it too obvious.  Maybe after my next pay if they're around yet, but otherwise no big loss to me.

There was a Fisto Fighter here that I wanted but passed on.  I did get a Hyena Bomber though, and I gotta say, I'd passed on that and boy howdy am I glad I got this now.  Half off is nice, but even at full price, that's a lot of quality ship there.  A good job by Hasbro on it and I hope to have it flanked by two fighters soon.

Legends and CW figures are in some quantity everywhere, but it's absolutely nothign I care about anymore.  Even half off, I've got too much of all of it already, and I just don't care about extras on that crap now.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: December 31, 2011, 05:36 PM »
Our Target doesn't seem to be clearancing much of SW either, although WM is also blowing through things here.  Our closest WM store actually doesn't have much SW left at all - a couple TVC figures (full price), one Rep. Attack Shuttle (50% off), and a few CW figures.  I did pick up an Aqua Droid for $3 and change, so that was nice.  They should be ready for the new line(s), as the pegs are pretty bare right now.  Target still has the Shuttle at full price, with just a handful of Legends and TVC figures on the pegs (no CW really).  The Taun Taun and Landspeeder packs seem to have just disappeared, although I did notice them selling quicker in the weeks prior to Christmas.  Our store was down to just three of the vintage boxed Taun Tauns, and that was it, so it is possible that they just sold through them all.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: January 1, 2012, 12:51 PM »
My story is much the same in SE Louisiana, it seems!  I was in NY for the week leading up to X-Mas, and when I got back I was shocked to see how empty WM and Target's SW sections were.  Could they have sold out the Landspeeders and Tauntauns, or did they in fact pull them into the back?  I hope retail sales were as good as they seemed- that's great for the health of the hobby!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke