Author Topic: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 260102 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #615 on: February 27, 2012, 02:03 AM »
Anyone else seeing the clearing out of older Vintage figures as a possibly very bad sign of things to come in the next several weeks?  :-\

This has been my experience at Walmart.  They just might have dropped the vintage line.  We'll have to wait and see.

Actually I'm implying more that the line's price-hike is finally taking effect and that they were just tryign to remain competitive while TPM3D launched.  Once March rolls in, prices up?  Just thinking out loud that it seemed odd that they'd finally take notice of older figures, and just as more new 2012 stuff is shipping.  Has me kinda curious because I just keep waiting on the other shoe to drop, as they say.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #616 on: February 27, 2012, 02:45 AM »
TRU's having a "Buy 2 Get 1 Free" sale this week which is a pretty nice deal so check that out too while you're on yoru toy runs.  It's a little more likely to pay off big compared to the roll of the dice WM is.  I'm hoping to score with both sales ultimately, if I'm lucky.

I could use a few more Naboo guards and stuff from TPM wave, and hey, last time I hit TRU up for a sale I walked out with Fleet Troopers and Hoth Rebels.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: February 27, 2012, 07:31 AM »
One MN Target bumped their Vintage figure prices to $12.19! That's competing with Time Square in Manhattan now.

Offline bellboy

• Youngling
  • So be it, "Jedi"
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: February 27, 2012, 09:03 AM »
Yeah, that ish is sickening. I'm ready to fight someone. 4 dollars in outer states but NY has to be the only place to try to rob you blind.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #619 on: February 27, 2012, 09:05 PM »
I'm in shock at how many 2011 TVC figures were on the pegs around the country.  In Pittsburgh, you're lucky to find anything older than TPM wave at all, and it's been that way a while.

It really goes to show how regional this stuff is...  People think it's the same all over but that couldn't be further from the truth.  This deal is highly unlikely around me, that's for sure.  I got a few Wave 5 figures...  Wave 5 is the only older figures I've seen in ages other than TPM, and there were only a couple.  Even most of that wave is long gone.

Likewise I saw Wave 4 touted as the Wave that never shipped?  Not if you lived in Pittsburgh.  We saw AOTC figures again, and again, and again, and again.  I saw them at TRU, Target, and Wal-Mart, got them on sale at K-Mart first though.  Saw them then at Five Below...  I guess other areas like the West Coast saw Wave 4 barely, if at all?  Weird.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: February 27, 2012, 10:59 PM »
We have a few Walmarts doing the $4 Vintage deal here, which is cool, but our problem is that the Deleted Scene figures have not hit here yet. Maryland is the closest sighting so far, I think. How many $4 Boms do I really need?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #621 on: February 27, 2012, 11:04 PM »
yeah it's been hit and miss here. one store had a handful of cloud car pilots and endor hans for $4 but the Deleted Scene wave figures for $7.97. other stores have no TVC and then there was the one I went to tonight that had one lone Super Battle Droid on the peg for $4. either the pegs were already cleared up at wal-mart, or the news about these drove everyone out to get deals.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: February 27, 2012, 11:04 PM »
Yeah, that ish is sickening. I'm ready to fight someone. 4 dollars in outer states but NY has to be the only place to try to rob you blind.

Nothing new really.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline bellboy

• Youngling
  • So be it, "Jedi"
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: February 28, 2012, 08:56 AM »
In the NYC area, we haven't gotten the deleted scene figures yet either. TRU, Target and some M&P's have TPM wave one, but they are all charging $11 or better for figures. TRU has somewhat of a decent deal going on right rignt now with buy 2 get one free. The times square store has brought back hoth rebel troopers, revenge card luke,darth, wicket and the other ewok. Also ponda and rebel troopers from episode IV.  My complaint is that they used be 8.99 - 9.99 depending on where you went, now everything is overpriced and I don't live near a walmart. So the frustration continues.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: February 29, 2012, 11:51 AM »
Try again on that general NYC area statement.  I picked up the Deleted Scene Mon Cal A-Wing Pilot yesterday.

However, when I stopped by a 24 hr WalMart store last night I got the sense that word has gotten around the WalMart chain about the price discrepancies.  Every TVC figure I saw on the pegs (which didn't include any Deleted Scene figures) had price tags on the cards.  Each one of those read $8.96.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: February 29, 2012, 12:39 PM »
Try again on that general NYC area statement.  I picked up the Deleted Scene Mon Cal A-Wing Pilot yesterday.

Where'd you find yours, Nick? Just want to get a sense of where to look. I think TS TRU will be a bust since they are full of TPM wave. I might check there today if I have time.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: February 29, 2012, 12:50 PM »
North Jersey at a WalMart, about 20 miles outside the city.  Thing is, I only found one figure so far.  But where there's one there are bound to be more.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 12:51 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: March 2, 2012, 05:39 PM »
More clearance goodness at Target.  I was able to find some Target exclusive TVC 3-packs marked down to $5.83 each.  I managed to score a couple of the Rebel sets.  I think this price is probably as low as these are gonna go.

Also, at TRU the Pod Racer 5-pack exclusive is on sale for $19.99 from now through March 10th.

Feedback

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: March 3, 2012, 02:52 PM »
I ran across something interesting this morning at three different Wal-Marts in my area (which leads me to believe that, unlike single store clearances, this might be store-wide) while out and about.  It seems like WM is already clearing out some of the "new" TPM stuff; either that, or they realized they aren't going to sell at the massively inflated prices Hasbro "suggests" they charge for them.  From what I could see, these were the markdowns:

-Class II Attack Vehicles (Sith Infiltrator, AAT, Anakin and Sebulba Pods) were down to 21 bucks (originally 30)
-Battle Packs (the 3 pack ones) were down to 15 bucks (originally 22)
-Exclusive Vulture Droid and Dewback were also down to 21 bucks (originally 30)
-Pre-TPM vintage figures were down to 4.00 (as has been brought up before numerous times; originally 9 bucks)
-Deluxe Class TF Crossovers (I don't know what they're called in the SW line) were down to 11 bucks (originally 15)

The only stuff I saw that was still original price were the DTF (ha) figures, Movie Heroes, Clone Wars, and TPM vintage, all of which were still 8.96, and the Class I (Deluxe) Vehicles with Figures.  Two of the WMs got the ROTJ Deleted Scenes vintage figures, but oddly enough all the Leia's had disappeared from 4 cases before they hit the pegs.  How odd.   ::)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: March 4, 2012, 12:26 PM »
Yeah - saw the same thing yesterday in the STL area.

The TVC packaging vehicles would not even ring up now in the computer... here's a couple pics I snapped:

Nearly everything that Hasbro is pushing these days outside of vintage and the "Discover the Force" figures are repacks or repaints... Hasbro needs to wake up.  If they keep with so many repacks/etc., this line is going to get more and more boring and retailers are going to start cutting back because they can't move a lot of this stuff.