Author Topic: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 260043 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #660 on: March 25, 2012, 07:02 PM »
I got an AAT for $15 plus tax.

Anyone who knows a place where they dump leftover papers can have a field day with this coupon.

Alas, i have only 2 more coupons left thus far.

TRU has another buy one get one 50% off sale (figures only)...yee-haw...(applies to GI JOE, marvel, avengers...)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: March 25, 2012, 11:06 PM »
I got the V-19 for half off today as well.  Just ask the clerk to keep your coupon - they gave it back to me with no hassle to use again.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: March 25, 2012, 11:28 PM »
Doesn't target usually have circulars in the front of the store?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #663 on: March 26, 2012, 01:16 AM »
They used to, but mine put them into a glass case near customer service for you to look in and they don't have samples.  "Going green" probably, or just not wanting to give them out, whatever.

About getting the coupon back, they're supposed to take them so I don't know that it'll work out for everyone to get it back...  worth a shot though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline MasterFisto

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: March 26, 2012, 07:24 AM »
On Saturday, I bought a really beat-up VC20 Yoda at Target for $8.99.  I then learned (on Saturday night) that there was going to be a 50% off coupon for all Star Wars items.  So, on Sunday, I took the Yoda back and asked them to adjust the price for me.  The employee simply refunded me the $9.73, and then resold me the Yoda for $4.32.  I could not find the coupon anywhere in the store; the employee happened to have a flyer at the register and used the coupon out of that one.  But she actually cut out the coupon and put it into the register.  So, I am currently in possession of no coupons.   :'(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #665 on: March 26, 2012, 02:30 PM »
Yeah I don't know the exact policies of stores like WM or Target or whatnot, but I know the large grocery chain here requires the coupon upon use, for reconcilliation purposes at the end of the day.  Part of me thinks that WM and Target would (should) have similar things in place, to prove why there were discounts made on certain machines.  Last time I scanned a coupon at retail though, was many, many years ago.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: March 26, 2012, 02:33 PM »
About getting the coupon back, they're supposed to take them so I don't know that it'll work out for everyone to get it back...  worth a shot though.

On the contrary, the checker told me the exact opposite.  She said that since it's part of the weekly flier I can use it over and over until the sale ends.  Similar to the red card "% off" discounts" where you can use them for mulitple purchases throughout the day. 

They do need to take manufacturer coupons from you because they send those in to get reimbursed for the difference in price.  They're not going to be sending these in though because they're Target's own coupon.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #667 on: March 26, 2012, 02:50 PM »
Makes sense I guess.

Online P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: March 26, 2012, 04:27 PM »
Just picked up 9 Hoth Troopers for a MN guy at BRUs today. Didn't realize they were having the BOGO (it was unadvertised) or I would have nabbed a Fleet Trooper for myself to get the sale.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #669 on: March 26, 2012, 07:08 PM »
That's a deal.  Wish my TRU had anything remotely like that kind of stock or I'd go right now and stock up on Hoth and Fleet Troopers.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: March 26, 2012, 08:06 PM »
so, this is something new to me.

My wife went to TRU today and bought some Strawberry Shortcakes things for our daughter - it was a buy one get one free.  She gave them our rewards card to scan and after the purchase was completed she said a bunch of coupons printed out of the register.  some were for baby stuff which is typical for TRU coupons.  But she also got two coupons for $5 off $25,

when did TRU start printing off coupons at the register?  I wonder if I will still get them in my email?

Online P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: March 26, 2012, 08:29 PM »
That's a deal.  Wish my TRU had anything remotely like that kind of stock or I'd go right now and stock up on Hoth and Fleet Troopers.

I nabbed all the Hoth guys, Jesse since I knew Justin and Dan were looking for them. They had about 10 Fleet Troopers there, too. Want me to hook you up?

I was thinking of getting another Fleet Trooper for myself since I'd like to display one with a cap.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 08:31 PM by P-Siddy »

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: March 26, 2012, 08:30 PM »
Target coupon says one coupon per item, so these people buying a lot at once with just one coupon are fortunate. I'm not sure if I'm willing try that.

If you can use one coupon many times, it makes me think the whole coupon idea is stupid. Just have a real 50% sale off dammit. Save that wasted paper on the extra part of the weekly flier.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: March 26, 2012, 08:39 PM »

when did TRU start printing off coupons at the register?  I wonder if I will still get them in my email?

TRU just started doing that. I bought the kids a couple of night lights and they printed out a ton of coupons for baby stuff. Since we have no babies these coupons were completely worthless to us. So much for TRU's marketing.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #674 on: March 26, 2012, 08:53 PM »
Good for TRU...  If their Rewards Coupon were more like an actual Rewards program (building up points), I'd certainly shop there more.

K-Mart's program makes figures cost anywhere from $1 to $2 less for me...  Which makes them either cmopetitive, or better, than most stores.  I've found it doesn't take long to build them up and sometimes specific household things build up a ton of points on a given day or week.

If TRU did that, I'd be down for buying a lot more there.

I wish WM and Target did similar things.

By the way, courtesy of Galactic Hunter's Twitter feed, if you text EASTER to Target at 827-438 they send you the 50% off coupon to your phone.  I've just begun using my iPhone as a coupon thing, and man it's fun.  I use it at Best Buy often now...  or as often as I shop anyway.  Eliminates carrying coupons.  I use it at Michaels constantly.  Almost every week (CHEWIE, or other customizers might find that particularly useful).  They have at least 40% off every week.  I buy frames for puzzles I built, or customizing supplies, or just goofy stuff for dioramas.