Author Topic: Imperial Officer Brown Hair, Scarce?  (Read 2359 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Imperial Officer Brown Hair, Scarce?
« on: July 22, 2003, 07:52 AM »
Anyone have no trouble finding multiples of this fig?  This to me was the toughest figure to acquire of late.  No online sellers have him and he rarely comes up on ebay.  Whats the story with the variant head sculpts?  I thought these would be somewhat easy to find.  On the other hand, the blonde variant is everywhere, and seems to be shipping in greater numbers.  

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
Re: Imperial Officer Brown Hair, Scarce?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2003, 09:50 AM »
Him and also the red haired RFT seemed to be a little more scarce than their counterparts.

Not sure what the deal on those are but...
Gotta love me or leave me alone....

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

obi_robz

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2003, 01:11 PM »
Ironically, I found a few of those but only saw the blonde version once. I’d like to know if there was genuine uneven production of the IO/RFT variants or if it was just down to Hasbro’s usual distribution problems.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2003, 02:41 PM »
To be honest, all four of the IO and RFT Saga variants have been quite hard to find in most areas.  As army building figures, these guys get scooped up immediately and in large numbers whenever they're seen by most collectors, which is a big part of their scarcity at this point.

Personally, my tally on what I've found out here in L.A. is as follows:

Dark haired RFT - 6
Red haired RFT - 1
Dark haired IO - 2
Blonde IO - 4

Haven't seen ANY of these in at least a couple months now.  I've frequently found the Coll. 2 waves with Aayla, Barris, et al, but almost every time the Blonde IO has already been scooped up...

Best of luck to everyone in finding these HTF figures!

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2003, 03:31 PM »
I've never seen ANY of these in any store in the Chicagoland area.   >:(
dustrho

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2003, 04:24 PM »
Yeah I'm with Matt...

All 4 were tough to find, and it's yet another "WTF Hasbro!?" situation I think...

These things are a license to print money for Hasbro...  I may rag on that RFT but he'll still sell if they shipped the head variants.  The Impy FLIES off shelves generally.  The only 2 I found was one with a damaged card at Wal-Mart (blonde) and a brown haired one at the local collector group's summer social.

The black haired RFT I've seen multiple times, but he's the only one I've found regularly (And I mean 3 times when I say regularly).

If Hasbro released those IO head variants over and over I bet they'd always sell.  release them in grey uniforms and they'll sell yet again...

I'd buy those every time I walked into a store if I could, but nobody at Hasbro seems to realize how well that one figure with 3 head variants sells.  The POTJ figure even sold out immediately before anyone else in his wave.

Wish I could find more...  I'll be content with the one of each I got though (And multiple POTJ guys since he was actually semi-easy to get).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2003, 03:19 PM »
I would say Red Hair RFT and Dark Hair I/O.  Actually you can throw Teebo and Eeth Koth in as they came in the same cases and I only seen them twice at retail.

-FISH-

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2003, 12:24 PM »
I've never seen ANY of these in any store in the Chicagoland area.   >:(
Neither have I. >:( :(
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2003, 04:30 PM »
To be honest, all four of the IO and RFT Saga variants have been quite hard to find in most areas.  

You bet, i ahven't seen any of them.
hell my TRU still has the POTJ versions of them, not  to menton FX-7, amidalas, leia and amanaman deluxes