Author Topic: Tarkin & Death Squad Commander Customs by Peakob1  (Read 5403 times)

Offline Peakob1

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Tarkin & Death Squad Commander Customs by Peakob1
« on: July 8, 2010, 12:18 PM »

Here are 2 of my favorites from the OT!

A lot of people wonder what a death squad commander would look like if they made it so this is my rendition of that.
I added a few embellishments of my own to him because he is really hard to see in the movie and who knows what was on Kenner's mind when they made him.
I removed the badge because in the card back and resource material, he does not have one. I'm sure he does not have big gloves on either but i decided to make mine kind of a hybrid.
I decided also to add a wire coming out of his headphones and it connects in one of the boxes on his belt, I also gave him a little antenna on his helmet since he is some sort of communication officer
Both headphone wires are removable along with the mouth wire.

The Tarkin is pretty straight forward: Needa body with added pieces to the badge, bare hands instead of gloves and the original head from the POTF2 figure only hallowed out to fit a ball and peg neck
and a brand new paint job.

I will be sending some straight repaints later on...
"A custom paint job goes along way if you want a more personalized look for your figs!"

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Tarkin & Death Squad Commander Customs by Peakob1
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 10:37 PM »
they look good, nice work with the death squad commanders head gear. what sort of techniuqe did you use on the tunics? i see some color variation and "wear look" that looks really good.....
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
Re: Tarkin & Death Squad Commander Customs by Peakob1
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 06:36 PM »
the death star commander looks older than the generic version, as he is in his fifties
Tarkin has very angular cheeks, you caught his movie expression. Also in his face you gave him bigger eyes.