Author Topic: Walmart "New" TIE Bomber  (Read 33162 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Walmart "New" TIE Bomber
« Reply #45 on: April 3, 2011, 06:57 PM »
I went to a Wal-Mart that I hadn't been before that's within reasonable driving distance (which is less and less due to gas prices), and found 9 of these TIE Bombers on the clearance aisle...for $39 each.  :P

In the grand tradition of Wal-Mart I expect them to remain that price each time I go back, until one day they disappear with never sign of being marked down.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #46 on: April 3, 2011, 08:57 PM »
Did you scan them?  Around here they got bigger cuts but it was never marked at any store I visited.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 3, 2011, 10:04 PM »
No. I was going to but was distracted by something else and forgot. I may check that Wal-Mart again, because they actually had Battle Droid 2 packs. Wal-Mart around here are notorious for having stuff in the clearance area that is still full price, like GI JOE, which apparently they've dropped but are in no hurry to unload.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #48 on: April 4, 2011, 02:00 AM »
All my WM's are generally the same, but the TIE Bombers, after it seemed like most other parts of the country cleared theirs out, sat till one day they finally were down to $25.  They sold at that point and I haven't seen any locally now for a bit.  I haven't been out as much lately though, so some of my more remote areas may have them yet.

$25 wasn't bad on that bad boy though.  Really kind of a screwjob to not get a pilot, at any price.   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 4, 2011, 08:10 AM »
I went to a Wal-Mart that I hadn't been before that's within reasonable driving distance (which is less and less due to gas prices), and found 9 of these TIE Bombers on the clearance aisle...for $39 each.  :P

In the grand tradition of Wal-Mart I expect them to remain that price each time I go back, until one day they disappear with never sign of being marked down.

That's like my Wal-Mart.  Everything in the clearance aisle has a new red clearance tag with the item's original price.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 4, 2011, 11:24 AM »
These got marked down to $15 at a Wal-Mart in my area, then sold fast.  They had 9-10 of them one day, then the next they were all gone.

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 4, 2011, 04:04 PM »

That's like my Wal-Mart.  Everything in the clearance aisle has a new red clearance tag with the item's original price.

I believe it's a tactic they've been using for awhile now. My girlfriend noticed sometime last year that if it's really on clearance the label has two prices on it. If it's not on clearance it's just the red clearance label with the original price on it. I think they're trying to trick the average buyer who would buy this for their kid into thinking they're getting a deal on it. However, I still thiink a person should always scan what they are buying at Walmart first anyway. I know that sometimes the price on the shelf is wrong. I know when the AT-AT went on clearance only one place I saw it at had it marked $49. Everywhere else I saw it just had them on a shelf in the discount area but no labels and they rang up at $49 too.
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 4, 2011, 04:46 PM »
I don't think it's a tactic so much as a lack of organization.  When they don't have room in a planogram anymore for some items, they don't always want to clearance them so they throw them in their "extra aisles" which happen to be cluttered with some items that are on clearance, others that are not.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 5, 2011, 08:49 AM »
It's a tactic. One of the brighter WM employees in my area said as much when I brought this issue to their attention.
« Last Edit: April 5, 2011, 08:51 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 5, 2011, 09:18 AM »
I believe it's a tactic they've been using for awhile now. My girlfriend noticed sometime last year that if it's really on clearance the label has two prices on it. If it's not on clearance it's just the red clearance label with the original price on it. I think they're trying to trick the average buyer who would buy this for their kid into thinking they're getting a deal on it. However, I still thiink a person should always scan what they are buying at Walmart first anyway. I know that sometimes the price on the shelf is wrong. I know when the AT-AT went on clearance only one place I saw it at had it marked $49. Everywhere else I saw it just had them on a shelf in the discount area but no labels and they rang up at $49 too.

You actually found a scanner at Walmart that worked?????
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 5, 2011, 11:58 AM »
Lack of organization is a problem, but make no mistake about them trying to trick you into thinking you're getting a deal.  I have seen them mark prices down less than a dollar then put things in the clearance aisle.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2011, 03:13 PM »
Anyone regret missing out on this version of the TIE Bomber?  Now you've got a second chance - just $20 plus shipping at EE while supplies last!
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2011, 03:34 PM »
That's a good deal on that IMO.

The new TIE Bomber is pretty neat.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2011, 01:09 AM »
Actually saw some recent for $24 at a Wal-Mart. I think. Never owned one, but space is an issue.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2011, 01:23 PM »
Now it's down to just $17 plus shipping at EE for the Cyber Monday Week sale!
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender